Is Guns n' Roses the best band ever?

username

Is Guns n' Roses the greatest band ever?  

105 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I forgot to respond myself.

No.

Band that I'd rate higher include Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones and The Beatles.

Bands that I'd rate about equal include Queen and Aerosmith.

I would also rate Floyd higher, for me they'd be the top; they're amazing musicians. I'd put Aerosmith higher than GnR, and Queen too. The stones arent that great to me.. I'd rate them more as an equal to GnR, and the beatles somwhere around aerosmith or queen..

so no they aren't.. people can be very closed minded on here.

I probaly prefer gn'r to the stones if im being honest but no way are they equal, stones have been popular for 40 years and have a huge back catalogue of quality (and some awful material it has to be said) material and are so much more influential and aerosmith equal to the beatles? :laugh:

I can't help but find the stones boring, so why would I rate them higher? Like you said they have a lot of bad material. I wouldn't rate them lower because of their longevity of course, so I chose equal. Aerosmith has been a long staying band, and has influenced tons of people; the beatles also influenced even more people. Aerosmith has been through so much which IMO would make them great.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I forgot to respond myself.

No.

Band that I'd rate higher include Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones and The Beatles.

Bands that I'd rate about equal include Queen and Aerosmith.

I would also rate Floyd higher, for me they'd be the top; they're amazing musicians. I'd put Aerosmith higher than GnR, and Queen too. The stones arent that great to me.. I'd rate them more as an equal to GnR, and the beatles somwhere around aerosmith or queen..

so no they aren't.. people can be very closed minded on here.

I probaly prefer gn'r to the stones if im being honest but no way are they equal, stones have been popular for 40 years and have a huge back catalogue of quality (and some awful material it has to be said) material and are so much more influential and aerosmith equal to the beatles? :laugh:

I can't help but find the stones boring, so why would I rate them higher? Like you said they have a lot of bad material. I wouldn't rate them lower because of their longevity of course, so I chose equal. Aerosmith has been a long staying band, and has influenced tons of people; the beatles also influenced even more people. Aerosmith has been through so much which IMO would make them great.

But in that lot of bad material theres also some of the best music ever made, maybe if guns did more than 3 fucking albums this debate could be somewhat plausable

Wow.. who whould have thought.

Anyway no GNR is not the best band of all time.

Beatles

Rolling Stones

Led Zeppelin

U2

Pink Floyd

Aerosmith

GNR aren't even close to being better than any one of those bands. Each one of them put out hit albums one after another. GNR kind of fizzled after 3(if your being nice).

Now if the question was who was the best band between 87-93 than yeah they might come close. But of all time? No chance in hell.

Edited by gnrrulz

Guest cherry_bomb

well they're definately my favourite.

favourite and best i guess are 2 different things. who's to say who's the best anyway? people who decide that is based on personal opinion anyway sam as having a favourite. id probably say led zep anyway

here we go...an opinion of all of the bands posted as a band which is close/tied/better than GNR...and GNR.....all opinions...it changes with each person

The Big 5

1. The "mighty" Led Zeppelin - The greatest band in the world with the greatest song in the world...enough said...also incredibly influential

2. Queen - Easily the greatest frontman of all time in Freddie Mercury.......They were around for a good bit and made a lot of good songs. VEry influential

3. The Beatles - The most popular band.....very influential to later music...everyone knows why they were so great...The White Album's "challenging" appeal to it gave them a few extra bonus points over the Rolling Stones...

4. The Rolling Stones - They were around for a LONG TIME....there is a lot to be said for that.....very influential to hard rock, but also made songs like "Wild Horses" which seemed to be "un Rolling Stonish" and made me like them even more ..they have a lot of bad material...but a lot more good stuff

5. Guns N Roses - Brought hard rock to a whole new level with AFD...a great "LIVE" band....UYI's albums brought many different types of rock together.....great 1-2 punch with axl and slash...diversity in the type of rock they made gives them a few bonus points to put them to #5.

Some bands that were mentioned that are garbage:

1. Cinderella - it's like AC/DC singing love songs...(in my opinion)

2. Aerosmith - one of the most overrated bands ever...."Sweet Emotion" is about as good as it gets with them....(in my opinion)

3. Black Sabbath - I never really got into them...I wouldn't say that they are "garbage" but for my personal opinion, I don't like them and never got into them

4. Iron Maiden - :scared: They are just HORRIBLE(in my opinion)

Other notables mentioned that I LIKE but not good enough to be in the top 5:

Pink Floyd

The WHo

The Doors

U2

Creame

One band that I'm suprised no one mentioned and am saddened that no one mentioned:

Van Halen - a very good quality band(In my opinion)

One band that I'm very pleased didn't get mentioned:

AC/DC - THEY are the most overrated band in rocknroll....every song is the same...i can listen to one song per month and then im through with them...they make me bored....I'm glad no one mentioned them yet

peace rock3

here we go...an opinion of all of the bands posted as a band which is close/tied/better than GNR...and GNR.....all opinions...it changes with each person

The Big 5

1. The "mighty" Led Zeppelin - The greatest band in the world with the greatest song in the world...enough said...also incredibly influential

2. Queen - Easily the greatest frontman of all time in Freddie Mercury.......They were around for a good bit and made a lot of good songs. VEry influential

3. The Beatles - The most popular band.....very influential to later music...everyone knows why they were so great...The White Album's "challenging" appeal to it gave them a few extra bonus points over the Rolling Stones...

4. The Rolling Stones - They were around for a LONG TIME....there is a lot to be said for that.....very influential to hard rock, but also made songs like "Wild Horses" which seemed to be "un Rolling Stonish" and made me like them even more ..they have a lot of bad material...but a lot more good stuff

5. Guns N Roses - Brought hard rock to a whole new level with AFD...a great "LIVE" band....UYI's albums brought many different types of rock together.....great 1-2 punch with axl and slash...diversity in the type of rock they made gives them a few bonus points to put them to #5.

Some bands that were mentioned that are garbage:

1. Cinderella - it's like AC/DC singing love songs...(in my opinion)

2. Aerosmith - one of the most overrated bands ever...."Sweet Emotion" is about as good as it gets with them....(in my opinion)

3. Black Sabbath - I never really got into them...I wouldn't say that they are "garbage" but for my personal opinion, I don't like them and never got into them

4. Iron Maiden - :scared: They are just HORRIBLE(in my opinion)

Other notables mentioned that I LIKE but not good enough to be in the top 5:

Pink Floyd

The WHo

The Doors

U2

Creame

One band that I'm suprised no one mentioned and am saddened that no one mentioned:

Van Halen - a very good quality band(In my opinion)

One band that I'm very pleased didn't get mentioned:

AC/DC - THEY are the most overrated band in rocknroll....every song is the same...i can listen to one song per month and then im through with them...they make me bored....I'm glad no one mentioned them yet

peace rock3

In my opinion, your post is sooooooooooooooo wrong.

If you're gonna say the best , I dont know if they'd make the top 20.

They rank about 8 or 9 in my favourite artists. I prefer AC/DC, Van Halen, Led Zeppelin, Thin Lizzy, Hendrix, The Eagles, Judas Priest, Megadeth maybe.

GnR are a band that had one amazing album, 3 decent ones with lots of filler, and a good one in TSI?

err, musically, i would say no. they are capable of writing and playing...but not very clever lyrics and you always knwo where the next note is going

on a personal veiw, no