Revolver

Guest Ohdistortedsmile1789

Revolver-Lennon VS. McCartney  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Revolver is generally considered the greatest Beatles album. Of the 14 tracks, 1 (Yellow Submarine) is considered a team effort for the most part, with a slight edge to Paul who wrote it principally, 3 were written by Harrison, leaving 10 by Paul and John. Of the 10, 5 were John's and 5 were Paul's. Both contributed great material to the album and most of it's strong points, and their material was quite different from eachother's. Of these two sets of five, whose work do you prefer?

The songs are listen in the poll choices, but I will retype them here as well.

Lennon-

I'm Only Sleeping

She Said She Said

And Your Bird Can Sing

Doctor Robert

Tomorrow Never Knows

McCartney-

Eleanor Rigby

Here, There and Everywhere

Good Day Sunshine

For No One

Got To Get You Into My Life

My vote goes to Lennon in this case.

This thread was a great idea, Ohdistortedsmile1789 (what a stupid username). I think the same thing should be done with their other records too.

Haha, I got my username from "My World", yeah it sort of sucks, just call me ODS.

tomorrow never knows is one of the most inovative songs ever, its by far the best thing on there.

Lennon for me.

True, and I love your username, welcome to the forum, hope to see you around here in my world often.

Despite my fav song on revolver probaly being im only sleeping (at the moment anyway) and tomorrow never knows is maybe the crowning jewel musically i still much prefer mccartneys 5 over lennons 5, best album ever?

According to VH1.

Despite my fav song on revolver probaly being im only sleeping (at the moment anyway) and tomorrow never knows is maybe the crowning jewel musically i still much prefer mccartneys 5 over lennons 5, best album ever?

According to VH1.

Well if vh1 say so :P

I haven't understood the greatness of Revolver until very recently, and I suppose there's no arguing that it doesn't deserve #1. I mean it would have to be The Beatles you know?