COULD THE ILLUSION ERA GUNS N ROSES LINE-UP REALLY RETURN?

Darth Vader

I found this on Mellodickrock

So don’t kill me.

COULD THE ILLUSION ERA GUNS N ROSES LINE-UP REALLY RETURN?:

Is the impossible actually being considered? Rumors of a Guns N Roses re-union appear to be gathering strength. It all started at British photographer/journalist Ross Halfin's website when he stated that the original Guns N' Roses lineup would get back together in June to play at the Download Festival in England, with Metallica also lined up to play.

That comment was soon withdrawn. Posted was: "I have to write some copy this weekend on Guns 'N Roses for a feature to go with my photos. My mind is blank at the moment. The thing is if you tell the truth it sets off too many wars, or egos way out of control. The original line-up is supposed to play Download in June with their metal chums, Metallica, if Lars can be bothered to turn up."

Now this - on the official Cult message board, frontman Ian Astbury has responded to a post asking after the possible 2006 touring line-up for The Cult. His response: "I love Matt he is a sweetheart..........Velvet Revolver Guns and Roses rumoured return W/SLASH and AXL .......Hey the Cult can barly contain Billy and Myself......But we will have a SHITHOT band for you so patience please."

So Use Your Illusion drummer Matt Sorum appears too busy for Cult duties it seems! Whether this will happen, if it will be a one-off performance or where this will leave the Chinese Democracy release and new Velvet Revolver releases are all questions to be answered in the coming weeks. :o

well, Axl says Slash is a great guy, Slash says Axl is a great guy... and if they go play together, Matt and Duff would propably follow.... but I'm not sure about Gilby or Izzy, I don't think Izzy would return, more likely Gilby

What about Adler? It seems he wants a reunion more than anyone else...it'd be so sad to see him get excluded :( ......but Matt is the better drummer obviously......

:question:

well, Axl says Slash is a great guy, Slash says Axl is a great guy... and if they go play together, Matt and Duff would propably follow.... but I'm not sure about Gilby or Izzy, I don't think Izzy would return, more likely Gilby

What about Adler? It seems he wants a reunion more than anyone else...it'd be so sad to see him get excluded :( ......but Matt is the better drummer obviously......

Axl doesnt like either, but he would prefer Sorum over Adler any day

Edited by Charles Manson

Axl doesnt like either, but he would prefer Sorum over Adler any day

I reckon it should be fair share...two drumkits on stage...Adler does Appetite stuff, Matt does UYI stuff - then for a drum solo they sync up just like Duff did in the UYI DVD.

I want this as much as anyone, but these rumours are all based on what Halfin wrote and nothing more. Which, if you examine the tone of his post, was in all liklihood sarcasm.

Also, Axl's RS interview did not hint at a reunion at all, even though some media outlets ridiculously decided to spin it that way.

We've got a lot of reunion rumours going around now with absolutely nothing to back them up.

So Use Your Illusion drummer Matt Sorum appears too busy for Cult duties it seems!

Maybe because he's in VR? I'm reading what Astbury wrote and he is not giving us the inside scoop on a reunion. Note that he used the word "rumoured", not to mention his post is pretty ambiguous. What does this actually mean?

Velvet Revolver Guns and Roses rumoured return W/SLASH and AXL

Doesn't seem that clear to me.

Axl said he was speaking to him Izzy not to long ago!

Axl said he was speaking to him Izzy not to long ago!

haha yeah thats true

James S.

Stupid reunion threads should be locked. There should be a reunion section so all the 1980's throwbacks can masturbate happily together without annoying the people who currently live in 2006.

Fuck You! This new line up is nothing compared to what GNR was back then. NOTHING. Also, every GNR CD was made in the late 80s or early 90s, so I'm convinced almost every GNR fan prefures the UYI or the AFD lineup over this new lineup that plays every once in a while.

Edited by sweetness

Stupid reunion threads should be locked. There should be a reunion section so all the 1980's throwbacks can masturbate happily together without annoying the people who currently live in 2006.

Fuck You! This new line up is nothing compared to what GNR was back then. NOTHING. Also, every GNR CD was made in the late 80s or early 90s, so I'm convinced almost every GNR fan prefures the UYI or the AFD lineup over this new lineup that plays every once in a while.

The guy's got a point. Face the fuckin reality, there is never going to be a reunion, so let's just cut the crap.

There will be a reunion of sorts..

Expect a one off gig, at the very least..

-Kickingthehabit

Somebody give this guy a shot of Jack on me, please.

Cheers dude.