Adler comments on reunion

torqued

By Stephen Milton, Daily Post

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/enterta...-name_page.html

STEVEN ADLER is a busy man. So busy, in fact, that our conversation began in a hotel room in Hamburg and finished after a club gig in Gacchia, Italy.

Sadly, this was not due to my personal invitation to join a leg of the Adler's Appetite European tour. More to the point that he is quite a difficult man to catch, even on the phone.

"Its has been just, non stop, crazy for the last few months but I am loving every minute."

The original drummer for Guns n Roses, Adler played with the band in the late 80s and featured on their debut album, Appetite for Destruction which sold over 25 million copies worldwide and included the classic rock anthems, Paradise City, Welcome to the Jungle and Sweet Child o' Mine..

Unfortunately, drug addiction and internal feuding brought problems to the band and during the recording of their follow up album, Use Your Illusion, Steven was fired. The official reason was drug addiction but Adler maintains this wasn't the case.

Story continues

ADVERTISEMENT

"I didn't get really messed up until after I was kicked out," he explains.

Despite suffering a heart attack and a number of strokes from heavy drug abuse, Adler never stopped expressing his feelings for frontman Axl Rose, who he felt was instrumental in his sacking. In past interviews, he said "he made the best and most exciting times I'll ever experience feel like a complete pain in the ass".

However with the rumours of a reunion of the original line up, Adler's recent attitude has changed considerably.

"That's fabulous news," he says.

"To get my friendship back with Axl again would be fabulous. I haven't spoken to him in 15 years. He's like a brother to me. I love Axl, he's the greatest and so talented and such a nice, caring guy."

Edited by torqued

Guest swwet_child
"To get my friendship back with Axl again would be fabulous. I haven't spoken to him in 15 years. He's like a brother to me. I love Axl, he's the greatest and so talented and such a nice, caring guy."

WTF? :blink:

He never ceases to amaze me. :rofl-lol:

I feel really sorry for the guy. He wants a reunion more than anybody in the world, and with a one in a billion chance a reunion ever takes place, there's a one in a trillion chance he will be involved. A really sad story. Someone should write an in depth book about his rise and fall. The fall will likely get worse, because I wouldn't be shocked if he killed himself after finding out a reunion would take place without him. The only thing he can do is go to rehab, stay clean, and hope Axl is very reminiscent about the old days and would like his swan song to be with the guys who made AFD, and pray that Axl hold no grudges for past discretions. Am I the only person who thinks if a reunion ever takes place, it will be the core members of GNR with a new drummer? I highly doubt Matt would be involved, he burnt as many bridges with Axl as Steven did, and cant possibly imagine the other guys wanting Brain to be involved with the old lineup.

Those of you enjoying Steven's pain are extremely pathetic, and you are in serious need of a life. You should be ashamed to call yourselves Guns N Roses fans. Without the five guys who made AFD, GNR would be nothing. Steven deserves just as much respect in the legacy of that album as the other guys get. Steven's departure was the first nail in the coffin of the greatest rock band ever. Those of us that were fans from the beginning should never forget that, and these new fans need to learn that fact, or just not comment on something they know nothing about.

Adler seems to be in 2 minds about Axl. It's almost like he dislikes him inspite oh himself. I dunno what to think of the guy other than to remember what he achieved with them. At this point in time - He is the past, the new guys are the future.

Adlers drumming helped define the sound of Appetite For Destruction. Adler was an awesome drummer, albeit the issues he had outside of the band.

For those of you who rag on Adler for having drug problems, and look at him as being the scum of the earth, take a good look at your precious Axl. That fucking loser hasn't done anything in the last 10 years to help progress the legacy of Guns N' Roses, except fill the heads of dedicated fans with bullshit about a forthcoming album that always seems to get delayed, and probably will never get released. Not only that, but he has single handedly managed to alienate every single original member of the band from himself, and as the frontrunner of one of the most successful rock acts of all time, he has some of the worst issues of any GN'R member, past or present. Take a look at the mans history, and it's blatantly obvious that he is a fucked up head case. He can't even go one tour without missing a show or starting a riot. That, and he always manages to personally insult his fans, whether he physically attacks one, or utters some demeaning comment about the city he is in.

Get off of Adlers nuts and look at the real issue here.