Is Slash Trying To Get Axl's Attention To Talk?

madison

I find it really bizarre that Slash keeps making comments about CD's release date. I mean, it's one thing for him to mention it in one interview - where he casually commented that he'd heard it would be released in March. But - for him to continue making this comment in multiple interviews - even after Axl's party statements - seems really strange. :blink:

Does anyone else think - perhaps - Slash is trying to get Axl's attention so that Axl will pick up the phone and talk to him? I honestly can't think of any other logical reason Slash would continue promoting the release of Axl's album. And Slash's comments - where he's letting GNR fans know first about the release - would certainly get Axl's attention.

Your thoughts?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cherry_bomb

hmm that does make sense. but i cant really see slash being the type of person to do that, if he wanted to speak to axl wouldnt he just do it?

I find it really bizarre that Slash keeps making comments about CD's release date. I mean, it's one thing for him to mention it in one interview - where he casually commented that he'd heard it would be released in March. But - for him to continue making this comment in multiple interviews - even after Axl's party statements - seems really strange. :blink:

Does anyone else think - perhaps - Slash is trying to get Axl's attention so that Axl will pick up the phone and talk to him? I honestly can't think of any other logical reason Slash would continue promoting the release of Axl's album. And Slash's comments - where he's letting GNR fans know first about the release - would certainly get Axl's attention.

Your thoughts?

I think it's partly to do with that. I honestly think Slash wants Guns N' Roses to be a huge success again and although he and the others have moved on to new things he still thinks of Axl as a genuine friend. In my opinion it's a matter of time before they both start to talk again and maybe Slash is wanting to already

Your thoughts?

Maybe Slash really knows something the rest of the fans don´t know ...

At least i prefer to think that.

hmm that does make sense. but i cant really see slash being the type of person to do that, if he wanted to speak to axl wouldnt he just do it?

Maybe he's tried, and Axl didn't respond. (Remember when Axl didn't answer the door when Izzy came knocking a few years ago?). Or maybe it would be too awkward with all the lawsuits.

I think this may also have been the reason Slash showed up in Las Vegas years ago. While I initially thought he did that disrupt Axl's show -- I'm now starting to think he did that to try to mend fences with Axl. But - who knows. *shrugs*

I repeat....

If Axl says he loves Slash it means he isn't angry with him, which means that he doesn't blame Slash for talking about the CD, which means (maybe) it's true.

let's hope so......

mr.Q

Edited by mr.Q

Guest cherry_bomb

Maybe he's tried, and Axl didn't respond. (Remember when Axl didn't answer the door when Izzy came knocking a few years ago?). Or maybe it would be too awkward with all the lawsuits.

I think this may also have been the reason Slash showed up in Las Vegas years ago. While I initially thought he did that disrupt Axl's show -- I'm now starting to think he did that to try to mend fences with Axl. But - who knows. *shrugs*

firstly, i cant help but laugh when i hear that about izzy being ignored at the front door!! :rofl-lol: i have these relatives that hide on the floor when the door bell rings....just imagined axl doing it!

anyways :unsure: i never even thought that slash was trying to disrupt the shows, i certainly hope that slash is trying to make a lame attempt at contact!!

Why would he bother doing that publicly? If anything, he could just go thru Izzy, since apparently Izzy & Axl are on speaking terms again.

I think Slash heard from someone who he deems very reliable that the record is definitely coming out next month. I don't think Slash would just all of a sudden say its definitely coming out in March if someone hadn't told him that. What would be his point in starting that rumor?

Edited by luvaxl4ever

Maybe he is being verbally supportive in hopes of an out-of-court settlement for the upcoming lawsuit in May.

...or for the conspiracy theorists, maybe Slash has replaced all of Buckethead's parts on the album and they've been able to successfully keep it hush-hush, saving the hype for release day.

Third scenario...maybe people can't stop asking Slash GNR questions so he figures he'll beat them to the punch whenever he is interviewed.

Edited by MetaSouL

Why would he bother doing that publicly? If anything, he could just go thru Izzy, since apparently Izzy & Axl are on speaking terms again.

I think Slash heard from someone who he deems very reliable that the record is definitely coming out next month. I don't think Slash would just all of a sudden say its definitely coming out in March if someone hadn't told him that. What would be his point in starting that rumor?

Perhaps Izzy is Slash's souce who's heard CD??!!

Edited by SLG

This is just my perspective, but VR's new CD is due in March, and Slash has said GN'Rs is due in March too. Which, is why the courtcase was postponed. I think they are going to be giving each other a lot of publicity, and just sort out the money issues without making enemies of each other, and I hope, this is the biggest part of speculation on my part, to start a joint world tour, and perhaps think about a reunion

This is just my perspective, but VR's new CD is due in March, and Slash has said GN'Rs is due in March too. Which, is why the courtcase was postponed. I think they are going to be giving each other a lot of publicity, and just sort out the money issues without making enemies of each other, and I hope, this is the biggest part of speculation on my part, to start a joint world tour, and perhaps think about a reunion

A joint worldtour, hmmm that would be funny. Knowing that VR is playing old GNR songs makes it even more funny.

I think a joint world tour is out of the question

mr.Q

I think you are reading too much into it as always, and I'm surprised a mod started this thread.

Its not like Slash deliberately releases these statements. They are made during interviews with radio DJ's, which we haven't heard the whole of yet. I can bet this latest one started with them talking about Slash's plans with Velvet Revolver, then the DJ slipped in the inevitable question about Axl and Guns n' Roses. Slash seems very mature and professional with his responses to these questions, questions that have not stopped since the day he left the band. He is just telling what he sees as the truth. After his latest comment I seriously think someone inside the camp, beit a current member, friend or industry insider has spoke to Slash about it and told him that the album is done and coming out. Straddlin is an easy answer to that as Axl admitted talking to him recently. I think its entirely possible that Axl let Izzy hear the work, and he's passed it on to Slash, but it could easily be someone like Halfin who may have worked with the band again, or that Marino guy who was working on 'remastering the old classics for the digital age'.

Either way I don't think Slash has an ulterior motive with this, I doubt he would have said it were he not questioned about Guns on the radio. He seems to be to be very well balanced these days and is able to speak without any bitterness these days, and is just genuinely interested to hear the album.

I think the days of them throwing insults at each other are long gone and that they are both at peace with the current situation. I don't doubt Slash would do a reunion were it practical, but I don't think he's pushing for it.

I think you are reading too much into it as always, and I'm surprised a mod started this thread....

And - as usual - you missed the entire point of my thread. :monkey:

My point was NOT that Slash made the comment once -- it was that Slash keeps promoting the release of Axl's album in multiple interviews.

As I mentioned - if you had taken the time to read my post fully instead of rushing into childish "attack" mode - it was easy to see how he made the comment the first time. We all heard the interview and heard how it unfolded.

However - my point - is that he continues to talk about the album's release date - an album that has nothing to do with VR - in multiple interviews since then - even after Axl made his party comments. If you think this is a coincidence, then so be it. I find it odd myself. That's why I started the thread.

I think you are reading too much into it as always, and I'm surprised a mod started this thread....

And - as usual - you missed the entire point of my thread. :monkey:

My point was NOT that Slash made the comment once -- it was that Slash keeps promoting the release of Axl's album in multiple interviews.

As I mentioned - if you had taken the time to read my post fully instead of rushing into childish "attack" mode - it was easy to see how he made the comment the first time. We all heard the interview and heard how it unfolded.

However - my point - is that he continues to talk about the album's release date - an album that has nothing to do with VR - in multiple interviews since then - even after Axl made his party comments. If you think this is a coincidence, then so be it. I find it odd myself. That's why I started the thread.

Regardless of what each of us think, this really is the core question - "why?"... Like you said, Slash has nothing to do with Axl or GNR at this point in time. With consecutive mentions in support of Axl and Chinese Democracy, it does beg the question as to what are his motives for speaking about it. Sure, it boils down to speculation on our part, but there must be a least one single motivating factor that compels Slash to speak about Chinese Democracy in such intimate details (relative to our "standard" info flow).

But we may never know, is he showing support of Axl to soften the lawsuit, to mend fences, for quid pro quo publicity, to make himself look like the "nice" guy so that fans side with VR over GNR, we just don't know, it could be any one of these things or something entirely different.

Your thoughts?

I think it's partly to do with that. I honestly think Slash wants Guns N' Roses to be a huge success again and although he and the others have moved on to new things he still thinks of Axl as a genuine friend. In my opinion it's a matter of time before they both start to talk again and maybe Slash is wanting to already

Yeah... time heals all the wounds!

As I mentioned - if you had taken the time to read my post fully instead of rushing into childish "attack" mode -

the pot calling the kettle black'springs to mind :no: