VR hasn't came out and squashed reunion talk.

Carne_asaDA

Look.........I'm not putting any stock in a reunion but this has to be taken in consideration. There has been reunion rumors for at least 3-4 weeks now and neither Slash, Duff, or Matt......or even Dave or Scott or anybody from the VR camp has denied. VR was suppose to hit the studio this month and the month is already near half over.

Look.........I'm not putting any stock in a reunion but this has to be taken in consideration. There has been reunion rumors for at least 3-4 weeks now and neither Slash, Duff, or Matt......or even Dave or Scott or anybody from the VR camp has denied. VR was suppose to hit the studio this month and the month is already near half over.
Whats your point? Axl hasn't denied it either.

I'll let you think about it for a minute. ;)

Edited by da_illest_in_402

Ok, I thought about it, and still dont see your point. Its obvious a reunion isnt happening now. What are they gonna do, reunite in the courtroom on the first day of the trial? Neither side will officially deny the reunion buzz, because it brings added attention to new GNR and VR.

Why should they? They're just rumours after all, and for all we know, they might not even know/bother with shooting the rumours down.

Don't get me wrong - I think they WILL reunite, but not for a good while yet.

Ok, I thought about it, and still dont see your point. Its obvious a reunion isnt happening now. What are they gonna do, reunite in the courtroom on the first day of the trial? Neither side will officially deny the reunion buzz, because it brings added attention to new GNR and VR.

What do you mean by bring added attention to new GnR and VR??? The attention is already there from whatever idiot that wrote about it. Then you got Ross Hafflin that takes pictures of VR saying that they are doing a gig. I don't see any harm in either Slash or Duff coming out and shooting down those rumors.

If they spent their time responding to rumours as you think they should, they would have no time to eat, sleep, or play any music at all ... most stars eventually give up responding to rumours when they realize that once one rumour is gone, another, then another, then another ... ad nauseum ... and responding to rumours creates new rumours ...

If they spent their time responding to rumours as you think they should, they would have no time to eat, sleep, or play any music at all ... most stars eventually give up responding to rumours when they realize that once one rumour is gone, another, then another, then another ... ad nauseum ... and responding to rumours creates new rumours ...

Why are you guys making "responding to rumors" sound like a rocket science space project??? They are still doing interviews right???? They need to come out and say........there is no reunion!!!! It's not like they haven't done it before. Axl came out once and all he said was the Nirvana does not compare to the Beatles or some shit like that for Christ's sakes. Duff or Slash needs to come out and squash this rumor.

What do you mean by bring added attention to new GnR and VR??? The attention is already there from whatever idiot that wrote about it. Then you got Ross Hafflin that takes pictures of VR saying that they are doing a gig. I don't see any harm in either Slash or Duff coming out and shooting down those rumors.
Well, like I said, it brings attention to them. No one in the media was talking about either band before this reunion buzz. Now there are various articles bringing it up. When the word reunion is mentioned, the words Velvet Revolver and Chinese Democracy also get mentioned. Its just extra promotion for both bands. Why doesn't Axl make a statement tonight denying the reunion rumour? Because its free publicity! Why doesn't Slash and Duff deny reunion rumours? Free publicity! Both sides have future albums to promote, and there's no easier way to promote them than past glory.

Duff or Slash needs to come out and squash this rumor.

Why? If they've said it won't happen in the past, then why do they need to repeat themselves?

I've heard that from billions of bands in the past and then guess what happened......

So you want them to say the same thing again, even though they've already said it?

If they say 'no reunion' again, which is what (as I understand it) you want them to do, then will you just say "I've heard that from billions of bands in the past and then guess what happened......"??

Why? If they've said it won't happen in the past, then why do they need to repeat themselves?

I've heard that from billions of bands in the past and then guess what happened......

So you want them to say the same thing again, even though they've already said it?

If they say 'no reunion' again, which is what (as I understand it) you want them to do, then will you just say "I've heard that from billions of bands in the past and then guess what happened......"??

What I'm saying is, every band that has broke up has said that....and guess what. They are playing together again.

What I'm saying is, every band that has broke up has said that....and guess what. They are playing together again.

But you said you wanted them to come out and say it again.

Why? :question:

But you said you wanted them to come out and say it again.

Why? :question:

Okay, I'm a little confused here.

Are you implying that there WILL be a reunion??

Okay, I'm a little confused here.

Are you implying that there WILL be a reunion??

:lol:

I think we're both confused.

Ok -- my view is that there WILL be a reunion in the future (money is irresistable) - but neither the members of VR or Guns N' Roses are seeking one at this point in time.

You said this:

I'm asking - why? Why do they need to squash it if they've both already aired their thoughts countless times about reunions. The current rumours are nothing. It's all stupid gossip because Axl and Slash both said nice things about each other.

VR have a new album in the oven. Guns are on the verge of releasing Chinese D. Common sense tells you that a reunion won't happen for a long time yet.

I think da has a point. No, this reunion talk isn't simply just good publicity. It can have negative consequences. The following article is a case in point:

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.ns...onth_12_02_2006

Unless Slash is actually back in the band this article is terribly misleading to fans (not to mention reveals just how shockingly bad the media can be). Fans who may take it as Slash and Axl are back together. When that doesn't materialize it could cause some fan backlash for both groups. I don't see how this is positive publicity at all. It is inaccurate information which in the end can only detract from VR and the new Guns because fans will be expecting the old GN'R - expectations that are out of reach.

If I was a part of either VR or the new Guns I wouldn't want this getting out of hand...which it quickly is...and I would squash it fast.

They've got a new album comin out soon. I think thats as much information as you need. I think former gunners have always said that they may get back together, or they may not.

Rumours are rumours, and if they confirmed or denied every rumour, they wouldnt have much time for anythin else.

Grimo.