Guns N’ Roses’ “The Blues” reminiscent of epic “Use Your Illusion” Material

Axl-rocks

Guns N’ Roses’ “The Blues” reminiscent of epic “Use Your Illusion” Material

Although it was a gritty, street-wise Geffen Records debut, “Appetite For Destruction” that catapulted the career of reckless Hollywood rockers Guns N’ Roses to stardom, it was the sheer magnitude of the dual-album release “Use Your Illusion” that cemented the highly controversial entertainers’ status as permanent rock icons. Recently, vocalist Axl Rose commented to Rolling Stone about his favorite songs from the band’s ridiculously delayed “Chinese Democracy” album. Among the tracks the crimson-haired singer mentioned, “The Blues” stands out as bearing a resemblance to the band’s most recent studio material, bearing in mind that recent means all the way back in year 1991.

In the vein of much-loved G N” R songs such as “November Rain” and “Estranged”, “The Blues” features a similar, highly dramatic arrangement and a commanding vocal performance from the eccentric frontman. As the theme varies between a sturdy piano melody and an open-chord wall of guitars, Rose delivers familiar, impassioned singing that easily equates with the direction in which the band’s last studio material was often headed.

Rose’s revamped band previewed the cut, along with several other tracks rumored to be included on the new album including "Silkworms", "Madagascar" and the title track at House Of Blues Las Vegas on January 1st, 2001 and also performed the track at Rock In Rio later that same year. Fans can expect variations in the performance on the new record, however, as the perfectionist Rose has continued to tinker with the tracks on the the thirteen track effort, which is still considered to be uncompleted at press time.

Skeptics maintain the album will never be released, however, a telephone call to The Gauntlet in November of 2005 by official Geffen spokespersons indicated that the label planned to release a Guns N’ Roses album on March 6th of 2006. At that time, it was rumored that the release would be a follow-up to the 2004 release of a Greatest Hits package by Geffen. More recently, it was reported by ex-GN’R axe-slinger Slash, now of Velvet Revolver, that he believed that the new studio album would finally see the light of day in March.

Date: 2006-02-12

Author: Erin Fox

http://www.thegauntlet.com/article/172/315...9;%20Roses.html

sorry if already posted :)

Edited by Axl-rocks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WTF :huh:

"Skeptics maintain the album will never be released, however, a telephone call to The Gauntlet in November of 2005 by official Geffen spokespersons indicated that the label planned to release a Guns N’ Roses album on March 6th of 2006. At that time, it was rumored that the release would be a follow-up to the 2004 release of a Greatest Hits package by Geffen. More recently, it was reported by ex-GN’R axe-slinger Slash, now of Velvet Revolver, that he believed that the new studio album would finally see the light of day in March. "

So they reckon what was once another GH is now CHIDEM...

hmm interesting.

Its not quite as good as the Illusion material though...

I don't know about that...The blues is a great song...

Buts its no NR or Estranged.

WTF :huh:

"Skeptics maintain the album will never be released, however, a telephone call to The Gauntlet in November of 2005 by official Geffen spokespersons indicated that the label planned to release a Guns N’ Roses album on March 6th of 2006. At that time, it was rumored that the release would be a follow-up to the 2004 release of a Greatest Hits package by Geffen. More recently, it was reported by ex-GN’R axe-slinger Slash, now of Velvet Revolver, that he believed that the new studio album would finally see the light of day in March. "

So they reckon what was once another GH is now CHIDEM...

hmm interesting.

Never knew that. But I still dont think March is when it'll be released.

Grimo.

Skeptics maintain the album will never be released, however, a telephone call to The Gauntlet in November of 2005 by official Geffen spokespersons indicated that the label planned to release a Guns N’ Roses album on March 6th of 2006. At that time, it was rumored that the release would be a follow-up to the 2004 release of a Greatest Hits package by Geffen. More recently, it was reported by ex-GN’R axe-slinger Slash, now of Velvet Revolver, that he believed that the new studio album would finally see the light of day in March.

kinda weird since the 6th is a monday

The Blues is still a top notch track, though. one of the true GnR classics and the first song off the new album to be (almost) Universally loved by fans. Make no mistake, this song kicks ass!

The Blues will be a big hit......love the song!

Thanks, great read. I think the blues is a awsome song. I can't get enough of it. It is really special. Especially the RIR version. It just blows my mind. It's perfect. In every way. Only thing is that it's abit short.

Recently, vocalist Axl Rose commented to Rolling Stone about his favorite songs from the band’s ridiculously delayed “Chinese Democracy” album. Among the tracks the crimson-haired singer mentioned, “The Blues” stands out as bearing a resemblance to the band’s most recent studio material, bearing in mind that recent means all the way back in year 1991. In the vein of much-loved G N” R songs such as “November Rain” and “Estranged”, “The Blues” features a similar, highly dramatic arrangement and a commanding vocal performance from the eccentric frontman. As the theme varies between a sturdy piano melody and an open-chord wall of guitars, Rose delivers familiar, impassioned singing that easily equates with the direction in which the band’s last studio material was often headed. Rose’s revamped band previewed the cut, along with several other tracks rumored to be included on the new album including "Silkworms", "Madagascar" and the title track at House Of Blues Las Vegas on January 1st, 2001 and also performed the track at Rock In Rio later that same year. Fans can expect variations in the performance on the new record, however, as the perfectionist Rose has continued to tinker with the tracks on the the thirteen track effort, which is still considered to be uncompleted at press time.

Read this part I've quoted closely. It isn't anything we didn't already know. The writer simply saw Axl mention The Blues in the Rolling Stone article and then downloaded the Vegas and Rio performances. None of this is inside information; the UYI comparisons are simply the writer's response after listening to the same recordings available to all of us.

Guest JohnUlmer

Recently, vocalist Axl Rose commented to Rolling Stone about his favorite songs from the band’s ridiculously delayed “Chinese Democracy” album. Among the tracks the crimson-haired singer mentioned, “The Blues” stands out as bearing a resemblance to the band’s most recent studio material, bearing in mind that recent means all the way back in year 1991. In the vein of much-loved G N” R songs such as “November Rain” and “Estranged”, “The Blues” features a similar, highly dramatic arrangement and a commanding vocal performance from the eccentric frontman. As the theme varies between a sturdy piano melody and an open-chord wall of guitars, Rose delivers familiar, impassioned singing that easily equates with the direction in which the band’s last studio material was often headed. Rose’s revamped band previewed the cut, along with several other tracks rumored to be included on the new album including "Silkworms", "Madagascar" and the title track at House Of Blues Las Vegas on January 1st, 2001 and also performed the track at Rock In Rio later that same year. Fans can expect variations in the performance on the new record, however, as the perfectionist Rose has continued to tinker with the tracks on the the thirteen track effort, which is still considered to be uncompleted at press time.

Read this part I've quoted closely. It isn't anything we didn't already know. The writer simply saw Axl mention The Blues in the Rolling Stone article and then downloaded the Vegas and Rio performances. None of this is inside information; the UYI comparisons are simply the writer's response after listening to the same recordings available to all of us.

Uh...yeah.

We know. :huh:

The Blues is definately better than some of the UYI material and the best new song that we've heard, but better than NR? NEVER!

November Rain is the ultimate GnR tune, plus a helluva touching song, better than Stairway To Heaven(yes, it is), and up there with other great, timeless songs. I feel The Blues will be as big a hit, or bigger, than Welcome to the Jungle or Paradise City, if it is released as a single.

But to me, NR will always be the hallmark GnR song and my personal favorite song of all time.

Guest JohnUlmer

Its not quite as good as the Illusion material though...

Yeah, it's better.

No, it isnt.

I love NR and Estranged and Coma and a lot of other UYI stuff...but I've found myself listening to The Blues on a daily basis and it's come to mean a lot to me. I prefer it to the UYI stuff now, even though I don't necessarily like to admit it. I think it's an amazing song. Powerful lyrics; great, simple rhythm. Awesome finale! With some added layers and everything it could be a great epic song.