Radio station says album finished

Guest JohnUlmer

Guest JohnUlmer
May 2006?

It's been rumored before, but this maybe legit. I'm not an insider but I've just heard, and it was confirmed on the radio, that Chinese Democracy is finished and has been heard by a handful of people. They say its amazing.

Take it for what it is, I thought some would like to hear this.

The radio station is 103.5 out of Tennessee. I just heard the tail end of the broadcast where they reported what I posted above. The date came from somewhere else.

I hope its true.

Source: http://imdb.com/name/nm0741730/board/nest/36166783

This is probably just a reiteration from the radio station, with a bit of "liberty" taken, of facts we've already heard. Please don't overreact to this; I just thought it would be interesting to post - if only for the fact that radio stations nationwide are already picking up on this and (possibly) coming up with totally different "confirmed" release dates. :D

EDIT: However...the poster claims "the date came from somewhere else" - I'm confused by this; does it mean the radio station didn't actually give out May as a date? :blink:

Maybe someone can clear this up.

Edited by JohnUlmer

Unless they have gotten a press release from the record company, then this probably is just a case of them spinning some of the statements that we've already heard. If it came from a DJ in NYC or LA who knew some major players in some of the record company then it might have more credability. This isn't a cheap shot at TN, but what does the average DJ on a radio station there know?

Unless they have gotten a press release from the record company, then this probably is just a case of them spinning some of the statements that we've already heard. If it came from a DJ in NYC or LA who knew some major players in some of the record company then it might have more credability. This isn't a cheap shot at TN, but what does the average DJ on a radio station there know?

Bascially what any other DJ does, they all get it off the internet.

Guest JohnUlmer

I live in TN and listen to 103.5 occasionaly, not too much though

Are they pretty reliable?

P.S. Nice avatar. ;)

critical solution should reply with...

"P.S. Nice face ;) "

:rofl-lol:

I wasn't being sarcastic; The Warriors is a good movie. <_<

I live in TN and listen to 103.5 occasionaly, not too much though

Are they pretty reliable?

P.S. Nice avatar. ;)

critical solution should reply with...

"P.S. Nice face ;) "

:rofl-lol:

I wasn't being sarcastic; The Warriors is a good movie. <_<

i was just joking...im in a weird/asshole mood tonight...im makin jokes AT people tonight...i should prolly calm downdon't take offense ulmer, just messin with ya rock3

Maybe someone can clear this up.

You mean like the guy who posted it? Why not ask him?

But I gotta say, to say all of that and then just end it with, "oh by the way, that date came from somewhere else." :rolleyes: I mean, how lame is that? Don't just tell us it came from elsewhere (snicker), tell us exactly where it came from. Otherwise, it smells no better than bullshit.

What we have now is a bunch of people regurgitating the same news and rumors, just adding something slightly new...and whether it is fact or fiction is irrelevant because it is of no consequence anyway.

One world: Tennessee.

Why the hell would they be anymore of a reliable source then some dumbass working at a 7 11.

J.Walker

I agree, but at some point someone is gonna say legit news. Obviously, it should be official news, but there's always a chance someone will squeal, and it will be told on the radio or on tv. Of course, we're always knee deep in bullshit rumours so much that real news could hit us in the face and we wouldnt even know its there.

If "they" have said it sounds amazin, can "they" tell us anythin else? I dont see why we should believe this and not the other rumours that are remarkably similar to this one! <_<

Grimo.

I agree. How does everyone pick and choose which of these stories to believe? Do you guys put these peoples names in a hat, pick one, and thats who you believe? Isn't it funny how the word 'amazing' is always used? Or 'mindblowing'? Or 'earth shattering'? They always use terms that bandmembers have used to describe CD, and never go into any detail whatsoever. What does that tell you?

If "they" have said it sounds amazin, can "they" tell us anythin else? I dont see why we should believe this and not the other rumours that are remarkably similar to this one! <_<

Grimo.

I agree. How does everyone pick and choose which of these stories to believe? Do you guys put these peoples names in a hat, pick one, and thats who you believe? Isn't it funny how the word 'amazing' is always used? Or 'mindblowing'? Or 'earth shattering'? They always use terms that bandmembers have used to describe CD, and never go into any detail whatsoever. What does that tell you?

Maybe CD is actually good? Besides, all I've heard is amazing. I haven't heard 'mindblowing' or 'earth shattering'. Quit making shit up to exaggerate your point. Besides, people have described it. Axl said some arrangements are like Queen, yet some of it may not sound like GN'R. Some others have said it has a Zeppelin-esque vibe to it. You are just choosing certain comments to back up your story, while in reality, people have described the album. If you don't believe it, that's fine. I will agree that people seem to pick and choose which sources to believe and it's annoying, but don't tell me that no one has gone into any details whatsoever. That's shit.

It reminds on that stupid Radio Show when UFO's were spotted in the late 40's or 50's :lol::lol::lol:

...and there was a panic! ;)

I don't like you......or your shitty attitude

just so you know,

merry VD MF

WC

Hey J.Ulmer your pm box is full

Grimo.

Maybe CD is actually good? Besides, all I've heard is amazing. I haven't heard 'mindblowing' or 'earth shattering'. Quit making shit up to exaggerate your point. Besides, people have described it. Axl said some arrangements are like Queen, yet some of it may not sound like GN'R. Some others have said it has a Zeppelin-esque vibe to it. You are just choosing certain comments to back up your story, while in reality, people have described the album. If you don't believe it, that's fine. I will agree that people seem to pick and choose which sources to believe and it's annoying, but don't tell me that no one has gone into any details whatsoever. That's shit.

Dude, I'm not saying CD isn't good. From what little we've heard, its probably going to be great. I just think its odd how the same words are always used to describe it. I think you missed my point. I know that Axl has commented on it, as well as several producers,etc. I was referring to posters who waltz into a forum and say their best friend's grandma's lesbian lover talked to Axl at a bar and was told it was 'amazing'.