Axl is human after all.....

Nightcrawler

Are you people insane? Or just lost your sense of hearing?

IRS is far better - even in its demo version - than anything VR put out. Sorry, but that's a fact.

And I can't believe some of you Slash worshippers are trying to bring Axl down and make him feel hesitant about releasing the album. Shame on you! :angry:

i agree 100%

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no way VR can match Axl's personality which dictates the attitude of the songs. The cacophony which Axl taps into on IRS is his own and can't be matched. I actually believe Axl has improved on old Guns. musically. It's blasphemy I know but I think he has knocked the ball way out of the park.

IRS is a good song, It's about as good as spectacle, better than Illegal I.....

But Vr has better songs guys. Alot of better songs.

It's just a noraml sounding song, no layered intricate sound or anything. If this song is on the album then the album will not be this epic tranformative record so many of you hope it will be and fault contraband for not being. But how could it be?

I bring up Vr because so many here slagged them for not sounding like GNR but the truth is they sound more like GNR on much of contraband than this or anything else we have heard from Axls band this must be dissapointing to alot of you. That's not an insult to Axl at all. Unlike alot of you I really thought VR put out a great hard rock album.

It's a good song, it was intresting how close the sound of this studio demo [or unmixed recording] is to the better soundboards of the other songs floating around out there of chinese democracy and madagasgar and the blues. Those songs particularly CD and Mad have a very unified sound with IRS.

I can see why the sound conflicted with what Slash and the guys were doing and why he needed a new band to get it. Or maybe it's not the sound he intened when the band disolved but instead what his new band grew into, either way it's a different sound than what Axl did in the past.

For those of you who missed the point, please begin the flaming about the comparison to Velvet Revolver.

I'm not going to flame... but where were you over the course of the last 10 years while we were getting indications that it might sound a little industrial... a little Floydish (when Floyds producer worked on it)... etc? Where were you a couple weeks ago when Axl himself said that people would say "this doesn't sound like Guns N' Roses".

That said, thanks for the update:)

It sounds in line with the live NEwGNR songs released. I wasn't bashing axl for not sounding like GNR of old, i was questioning the people who bashed VR for not sounding like GNR of old.

The comparsion to spectacle was not because the song is so different, but because it's so average, so un-complex. That doesn't make it bad at all. I like spectacle alot, i like IRS song alot but, if it's on the album then the album won't be epic album like predicted

It'll be a good album, and there is nothing wrong with that.

Anything less than getting on your knees and giving this song a virtual BJ is met with being called a slash worshipper and that makes me think that some of you have very low standards when it comes to axl and impossible ones for anyone who doesn't own the brand name.

I like Axl and his music just as much as anyone here and anyone who takes this thread as an attack on the song or the band is insane.

Edited by Nightcrawler