The new demo leaks.........

LA_0013

Axl was kinda asking for this.. playingg the CD in public. But, dude, he sounds amazing!!!!! :):) I didn't care too much for the industrial style intro but I was stunned to hear him sounding like his old self!!!

AXL ROSE IS THE CHAMPION!!!! rock4

CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS SOON!!! rock1

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone e-mail me the song please? I have IRS and it fuckin kicks ass. But I heard that Better is even BETTER. My e-mail is Velvet_Revolver_123@hotmail.com . Only reason it is VR, is cuz I found out about them before GNR. Long story and no time. But I'd really appreciate it if someone were to send me the song.

No-one send him it then :lol: , just kidding :P ...

Hey folks. I am not here to start rumors or conspiracies. And I am not a guitar expert. But I swear that the guitar riffs sound just like Slash on these two demos. Do you think that Fink, or whoever, is just palying like slash? Or could it really be him? Any thoughts?

It does not sound like buckethead to me. I have Rock in Rio, and though I really like Buckethead's sound, this is certainly not him. Maybe it is Fink? I am not sure. But it really sounds just like Slash to me. Perhaps it is a bit faster than he normally plays. But it is no faster than the riffs on Paradise City.

I took an old clip of IRS that we got last year, with the guitar solo, and took this current version and dropped them both into FCP. I synced the two clips and they're EXACTLY the same. When synced, it sounded like only one song was playing with no echoing. A clear indication that, at least in the newer IRS leak, it's an older demo with the Bucket.

Just figured some folks might find that little tid-bit interesting.

It tells me that the IRS demo is old and hasn't been updated w/o Bucket's parts... which Tommy and Richard both confirmed would be the case.

Food for thought and NO, it's not Slash.

I wish those rumors would be laid to rest.

Hey folks. I am not here to start rumors or conspiracies. And I am not a guitar expert. But I swear that the guitar riffs sound just like Slash on these two demos. Do you think that Fink, or whoever, is just palying like slash? Or could it really be him? Any thoughts?

of course it is! ....you got to love that solo at the end of IRS...Slash rips the hell out of it!. The guy is amazing! :lol:

Sure, it is basic. But I am talking about the style, not the actual chords played. When the guitar solo kicks in on IRS, it is vintage GNR. Who ever it is, has the old GNR sound.

At first i was sure it was Buckethead. And i still think it is, but you're right about the sound. It really does sound like a Slash solo. He played this fast a lot of times. He could easely do it.

the lead guitar at the end of I.R.S. is definitely Buckethead playing fast with the finger-tapping and all. i'm glad buckethead is gone, although that is probably the best part of I.R.S. it might just be me, but there's something pretty powerful about Slash's emotional/bluesy guitar and Axl's vocals that Buckethead or Finck can't match. no knock on their ability, 'cause buckethead is very innovative and finck does some incredible solos.