The new demo leaks.........

LA_0013

Well.. maybe

depends on your perspective.. if oyu like guitar solos then yeah it probably will sufferr... but it will probably be more mixed down, and have a better sound, so yeah maybe im too drunk i dunno. but the mixing would apeal to the different crowd. the ones that don't like guitar solos..

oh, you mean the ones THAT AREN'T GNR FANS?!

exactly what I was thinking.

I just don't know how some of you seem so certain it is him on TWAT. It does not sound like his style at all to me. It just doesn't. And that's no knock on BH. He is incredible. But it does not sound like him at all.

Oh there's no mistaking it. The solo at the end is Bucket.

ehh yeah

like the kiddies that like the like.. pop crap they like ya know? mixed stuff, and like pleasent listening is more important than good musical quilatites??

if they want pleasant listening, then axl's voice ain't gonna cut it anyway

by the way, some of you guys are absolutely insane, either you haven't done your homework on buckethead, or your other favorite bands are slipknot and goo goo dolls

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh man..come on guys..use a lil common sense

guns have replaced izzy straldin before.... he was a huge contributor to things that they did and good friends....

they can hire someone to play these solos if finck and fortus can't do it..... there has to be someone that can

they can also change the solos and not get a replacement.

that's what this thread is all about.

Well.. maybe

depends on your perspective.. if oyu like guitar solos then yeah it probably will sufferr... but it will probably be more mixed down, and have a better sound, so yeah maybe im too drunk i dunno. but the mixing would apeal to the different crowd. the ones that don't like guitar solos..

I just don't know how some of you seem so certain it is him on TWAT. It does not sound like his style at all to me. It just doesn't. And that's no knock on BH. He is incredible. But it does not sound like him at all.

ehh yeah

like the kiddies that like the like.. pop crap they like ya know? mixed stuff, and like pleasent listening is more important than good musical quilatites??

by the way, some of you guys are absolutely insane, either you haven't done your homework on buckethead, or your other favorite bands are slipknot and goo goo dolls

I agree. Axl's voice isn't for the kelly clarkson fan. And what's wrong wtih the GOO GOO dolls? I like them! They aren't the greatest band, I know that, but I appreciate their music!

Well.. maybe

ehh yeah

I agree. Axl's voice isn't for the kelly clarkson fan. And what's wrong wtih the GOO GOO dolls? I like them! They aren't the greatest band, I know that, but I appreciate their music!

I KNEW IT!!! :P

just screwin with you. i'm just scared robin and richard are gonna handle the leads. i bet even axl is better than them by now.

Well.. maybe

ehh yeah

I KNEW IT!!! :P

just screwin with you. i'm just scared robin and richard are gonna handle the leads. i bet even axl is better than them by now.

He might be... If he handled leads, do you think live he'd be bounded by the microphone stand? Or have a kelly clarkson, britney spears style microphone head set thing?

I can't wait for Fortus to reign supreme as a lead guitarist in gnr. He plays the slash solo's the best and I hope he gets to record some awsome shit for this album.

I am a little sad that BH won't be contributing some shit for this band, but I don't think this was really his thing.

you guys that claim bucket plays with no emotion should each have a foot in your mouth right about now.

now we know the truth

bucket>slash>finck

4:30 into the twat solo - my god

Slash is far better than both of them, any solo on Use Your Illusion shines compared to these guitar lines. Can you imagine TWAT with Slash on it? I do. And it would be awesome ( think of Estranged, November Rain, the recent "Street Child" collaboration that he did, etc... ).

Buckethead is mediocre at best - playing that fast is nothing special, a thousand unknown guitarists out of Berklee can handle that. Also his songwriting is risible. He is a good stage presence for a show, but that is.

Finck is better than Buckethead, hands down. Better doesn't mean how fast you can play, how technically skilled you are. This is about music, not a race. You guys think like kids, sometimes.

However, it's still to early to say who plays what. The solo at 4:30 could be Finck or Fortus. We'll know better when the CD credits will be included.

Edited by PorcoDio

the management is a piece of shit for not letting us know about BH's position. maybe they don't want these leaks out because they're better than the final project will be. makes sense, right?

I know Axl likes to re-record parts, but I don't think he would tolerate making some of his most cherished songs inferior to what they were. A perfectionist, which he is, would not do that. The solutions are a) get BH back, B) get a guitarist who is up to the task, or c) don't play those songs live.

Slash is far better than both of them, any solo on Use Your Illusion shines compared to these guitar lines. Can you imagine TWAT with Slash on it? I do. And it would be awesome ( think of Estranged, November Rain, the recent "Street Child" collaboration that he did, etc... ).

It is sad the shit people throw at Slash. Music they supposedly love, which has his fingerprints all over it.

you guys that claim bucket plays with no emotion should each have a foot in your mouth right about now.

now we know the truth

bucket>slash>finck

4:30 into the twat solo - my god

Buckethead is mediocre at best - playing that fast is nothing special, a thousand unknown guitarists out of Berklee can handle that. Also his songwriting is risible. He is a good stage presence for a show, but that is.

Finck is better than Buckethead, hands down. Better doesn't mean how fast you can play, how technically skilled you are. This is about music, not a race. You guys think like kids, sometimes.

However, it's still to early to say who plays what. The solo at 4:30 could be Finck or Fortus. We'll know better when the CD credits will be included.

berkley (learn how to spell) doesn't teach people to play fast dumbass, they just teach theory and history. there is less than 50 people in the world that can play like that, get a clue.

and anyone who does their homework knows it's bucket on that solo.

on finck - remember when he quit, and axl said he was glad, so they could do more complicated guitar parts? seems funny that everyone has forgotten...

and k-bear, remember this -

axl is more of an egomaniac than a perfectionist.

2002 tour ring a bell?

Edited by quadlaser

Can you imagine TWAT with Slash on it?

The guitar isn't good because it's in such a great song like TWAT. TWAT is such a great song because of the guitar. Does that make sense ... ? You just can't say for sure that any other guitarist is going to make the song sound as good.

Honestly I think it's one of the better pieces of guitar rock I've heard in a very long time. It's amazing. We don't know for sure it's Bucket, but I'd bet my left nut it is.

Buckethead just a shredder? Finck better than Bucket? Now you're just being silly.

I know Axl likes to re-record parts, but I don't think he would tolerate making some of his most cherished songs inferior to what they were. A perfectionist, which he is, would not do that. The solutions are a) get BH back, B) get a guitarist who is up to the task, or c) don't play those songs live.

Hopefully you're right. No reason why Bucket's parts shouldn't be kept. For Axl it'd be like cutting off his nose to spite his face.

i personally dont know much about buckethead of finck or any of them (anyway wanna teach me.. PM me :P )

however, i do thikn that the guitar fit the songs, and i tihnk it would totalyl be a diffferent style if slash was still in ( i love him)

i tihkn that the songs are just great the way they are, and each guitarist's style is perfect for the songs that are written

the songs are all great

If you hear any kind of stutter in the solos it is Bucket, he is the only one in the band who has used a kill switch.

So yes he is 100% in these.

IRS first solo is Robin and the second is obviously Bucket.

TWAT on the otherhand has background riffs and licks that are for common for BUcket to do, but it just doesn't sound like any of his guitars or distortions that ive heard. My guess is that its all Robin and Fortus, notes are slurred together which is also unlike Bucket but at about 5:05 it has that stutter that Bucket does a lot.....

Edited by Anagram Of Oral Sex

i always hated it when people said he sucked, he fucks up the songs blablabla

solo in irs

intro in better

the riff and solo in twat

i fucking love his style and the feel of the melodies he s playing

it has it s own style and caracter and you can recognise it s from him

although the solo in twat at 4:30 should have been a litter more agressive

vdm