The new demo leaks.........

LA_0013

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys that claim bucket plays with no emotion should each have a foot in your mouth right about now.

now we know the truth

bucket>slash>finck

4:30 into the twat solo - my god

Slash is far better than both of them, any solo on Use Your Illusion shines compared to these guitar lines. Can you imagine TWAT with Slash on it? I do. And it would be awesome ( think of Estranged, November Rain, the recent "Street Child" collaboration that he did, etc... ).

Buckethead is mediocre at best - playing that fast is nothing special, a thousand unknown guitarists out of Berklee can handle that. Also his songwriting is risible. He is a good stage presence for a show, but that is.

Finck is better than Buckethead, hands down. Better doesn't mean how fast you can play, how technically skilled you are. This is about music, not a race. You guys think like kids, sometimes.

However, it's still to early to say who plays what. The solo at 4:30 could be Finck or Fortus. We'll know better when the CD credits will be included.

Agreed, however you might be a little hard on Buckethead, he does some nice fills on these tracks, but everything else spot on

Who plays that damn great solo stuff on T.w.a.t ??

To me it sounds more like Zakk Wylde then Buckethead or Finck.

What do you think of the solo ?

btw if you play guitar the chords for the second half (Solo etc.) are Bm-A-E-E

I`m trying to figure out the rest...really cool song

Only Bucket could produce something as brilliant as that.

Finck? Ha.

it's not that brilliant actually, good but not brilliant. Don't over-react

I agree...its ok, but not earth shattering....doesn't sound like Bucket to me.

From the style and the sound of it, I'm going to say BRIAN MAY.

pffff, you sir are incorrect as one can be :lol:

Blanket statements are pretty easy to make. Care to substanitiate? Take a listen to Queen's huge back catalogue - Brian May is quite capable of playing or writing stuff like that. He is probably a better guitarist then Bucket anyway - Queen just didn't give him the chance to experiment and test himself, because of Freddy. Listen to his solo stuff and you might hear the similarities even better. Besides, it was only conjecture, which is all this thread can really be.

For all we know, it could be Slash, Gilby, Richie Blackmore, Lenny Kravitz, AN Other, AN Other 2, AN Other 3 playing that solo. He's had a revolving door operating for the last 12 years!

From the style and the sound of it, I'm going to say BRIAN MAY.

pffff, you sir are incorrect as one can be :lol:

Blanket statements are pretty easy to make. Care to substanitiate? Take a listen to Queen's huge back catalogue - Brian May is quite capable of playing or writing stuff like that. He is probably a better guitarist then Bucket anyway - Queen just didn't give him the chance to experiment and test himself, because of Freddy. Listen to his solo stuff and you might hear the similarities even better. Besides, it was only conjecture, which is all this thread can really be.

For all we know, it could be Slash, Gilby, Richie Blackmore, Lenny Kravitz, AN Other, AN Other 2, AN Other 3 playing that solo. He's had a revolving door operating for the last 12 years!

I know Brian May's stuff, I know what he sounds like. I can hear his style of playing from miles away and as a guitarist I can confirm its bucket. I agree that Brian May is a far better and creative guitarist, but that's personal taste.

Listen to the fast lick at 5:39, typical buckethead style

the lick at 5:07 to 5:10, typical buckethead

at 5:16 till 5.22, playing with the guitar knob switch, typically buckethead, he did that at madagascar rio 2001 too.

the one at 6.08 the ending, buckethead written all over it.

Brian May can play fast but in a different style and with a very very different sound then in that demo

Edited by Dont Try Me