The new demo leaks.........

LA_0013

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's buckethead shredding (the knob stuff in the end is there just as a signature, IMHO), but the initial parts and the repetitive ones in the middle can be Finck or even Fortus. If it isn't, bucket recorded everything and was cool with his bandmates letting them reproduce his stuff at least in part. I hated the guy, but he'll be missed. Anyone else praying to see the freak back in a upcoming tour? <_<

Robin IMO.

I think his guitar work is brilliant and inspirational enough to produce this. :)

During all the song? If it's, he took lessons with Bucket and even used some stuff that is pure buckethead virtuoso licks . I still bet that it's Finck or Fortus in part and Bucket shredding. If it isn't, Bucket recorded everything and the plan was that the slow parts were going to be played by Finck or Fortus live.

Edited by stratus

anyone notice that on the shorter version its all robin playing and no BH

BH was added to the 2nd version that is longer. Check out the solo from the 5 min mark on, its different. There is no shredding on the short one. You can tell its different styles. I think the shorter version of TWAT is from 99 before BH came into the band. Which means is Paul and not Richard on guiatar.

I'm no guitar expert, so I only judge on the sound I hear, and from what I've recognize from each players (considering their previous solo work), it's clearly Buckethead playing.

I really find it amazing that so many people refuse to believe it his him playing. It seems that some of you think he can only shred? That's stupid. Have any of you even listened to his solo material? If you have, then you'd know he doesn't just shred.

And as much as I'm liking Finck's work (or what I assume it's him) in these demos, there is no way he can play those guitar solos (the second one in There Was A Time, and the one in I.R.S.). Not Finck, not Tobias and not Fortus. Just my opinion.

The one thing I'm not so sure is who is the one playing the guitar along with Axl's voice during the first couple of minutes of There Was A Time. I think it's Buckethead again, but due to the sound mix not being clear and good enough, I'm still undecided.

The leaks could be harmful for the band because if Axl scratches Bucket's parts, when the record is released the fans could say :"The demos with Bucket sounded better than the final cut without him."

it would even do more damage if bucket parts stayed on it, without him actually having in the band to tour and all.

I wouldn't mind it beeing scrapped if he's still out

• 2 months later...

What's so funny about this thread is that some people seem to think like buckethead couldn't mix it up once in a while... that if it's not fast enough, then it must not be BH. Have some of you ever listened to Colma, Population Override or Electric Tears....? Jesus. People who think Buckethead is a One Dimensional Guitar Player have a One Dimensional kind of Mind. Buckethead is a great Guitar Player, on my favorite top 3 list.. notice how i say favorite and not best... just to aviod any turmoils.

What's so funny about this thread is that some people seem to think like buckethead couldn't mix it up once in a while... that if it's not fast enough, then it must not be BH. Have some of you ever listened to Colma, Population Override or Electric Tears....? Jesus. People who think Buckethead is a One Dimensional Guitar Player have a One Dimensional kind of Mind. Buckethead is a great Guitar Player, on my favorite top 3 list.. notice how i say favorite and not best... just to aviod any turmoils.

Welcome and fucking awesome post man! I was thinking just the same thing