Lisa Reed's Comments about leaks

One Speed Bike

You know, I'd love it if nobody in the world downloaded them, I'm sure that would piss GNR off more than everybody getting them and there being no demand. In most cases it's not ruining the surprise of 'Christmas' by knowing about our presents (or 2 of them or whatever) it's making us want it more. IRS is a really awesome song, I really don't see a problem with downloading it either, it's not like I'm never going to buy CD, so when it does come out GNR will get my precious pennies and everyone's happy.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Patience is a virtue that GN'R fans lost a long time ago.....Sorry,but i just don't feel that you can make such a cut and dried statement like that and expect everyone to feel like that -i as much as anyone probably felt that way at one time and i don't think that i'll listen to any more tracks if they get leaked,but i'll have to feel that the record is somewhat near,otherwise,all bets are off -it's simply taken too long and this is such goood,goooood shit to pass up............................

[ I really really feel the same way,but what is so frustrating for everyone are the years of silence and then all of a sudden -whoa we have some songs at our fingertips......well,we still don't know if we'll ever get the record anyways,so..............why not listen to stuff while we have the chance????? I'm as big a fan as you'll ever see and i hate that it has come to this -it really is truly not the way that i wanted to have to hear the new stuff,but alas,there are no guarantees regarding this record and the way that Axl works - i hate to say it,but,he made his own bed with this and i'll be damned if i don't listen to these tracks before they dissapear and then lo and behold the record gets shelved forever and i missed my chance.I hope to God that this record comes out because really if it doesn't then we are all being cheated of phenomenal music,but hey can you really blame people for wanting to hear this stuff?????As i said -i want to hear the cd in all of it's finished glory,but so far all we get are brush off statements about it - if we get a statement at all.I think that the fans have spoken and it is time to finally release the record.................to me ,if you don't want me to listen to the music then give me a concrete statement as to when the record will be released and i won't bother listening to the leaks -after all,it's not the way i want to hear it anyway!!!,but,so far,nothing,just the same old shit and there are no promises..............

Edited by derek_vinyard

Derek Vineyard wrote:

Patience is a virtue that GN'R fans lost a long time ago.....

wholeheartedly agree - after all this time the GNR management etc etc etc should be pleased and amazed that there are enough dedicated and committed fans to actually desperately want to hear this music and for this leak to create such a scramble - yeah the original GNR material blew everything else in it's time out of the water, but there have been many fantastic bands that have come and gone but they don't have so many people holding their breaths waiting for them to return.

Why is there no 'official' statement on the leak or even about when more information about CD will be available if it's so '....soon...'?

of course they never do - which is why it's so amazing that we're all still here fighting for scraps.

The night of the leaks reminded me so much of the seagulls in Finding Nemo.... 'mine.......................mine..................................mine..mine.

.................mine..mine..mine...MINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINEMINE'

sorry - rambling a bit OT here... :unsure:

[ I really really feel the same way,but what is so frustrating for everyone are the years of silence and then all of a sudden -whoa we have some songs at our fingertips......well,we still don't know if we'll ever get the record anyways,so..............why not listen to stuff while we have the chance????? I'm as big a fan as you'll ever see and i hate that it has come to this -it really is truly not the way that i wanted to have to hear the new stuff,but alas,there are no guarantees regarding this record and the way that Axl works - i hate to say it,but,he made his own bed with this and i'll be damned if i don't listen to these tracks before they dissapear and then lo and behold the record gets shelved forever and i missed my chance.I hope to God that this record comes out because really if it doesn't then we are all being cheated of phenomenal music,but hey can you really blame people for wanting to hear this stuff?????As i said -i want to hear the cd in all of it's finished glory,but so far all we get are brush off statements about it - if we get a statement at all.I think that the fans have spoken and it is time to finally release the record.................to me ,if you don't want me to listen to the music then give me a concrete statement as to when the record will be released and i won't bother listening to the leaks -after all,it's not the way i want to hear it anyway!!!,but,so far,nothing,just the same old shit and there are no promises..............

too true, I agree with jane in principle

but there is no way that I have enough discipline to restrain myself from downloading those songs

:no:

Lisa Reed wrote these words to the original Dizzy Reed message board with regards to the recent leak :

I just don't understand it. If people claim to love the band and Axl so much why on earth would you do something you know will piss them off? Especially when all signs point to it getting closer and closer. It's like shaking all your christmas presents on the 23rd of December and figuring out what they are. No suprise and you ruined the fun for the giver. I just as much as anyone want this record to come out. but BE PATIENT!

Be patient? Axl himself said in chicago, 92 , we dont have any time to waste, so , Lisa Reed....

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE?

word to that!!

Only problem is that we´ve been shaking nothing but empty boxes for the last 14 years...

with uncle merck promising stuff he can´t deliver. I´m not blaming Axl, but still...

when I don´t get to hear anything from the man whom I a fan of... well, why shouldn´t I have the right to frickn listen to it??? it´s not like the radio is gonna air it, or that 99% of the ppl are gonna care.

this forum is like the hardcorest of them all :P

If they don't want us to listen and discuss the leaks then give us an official statement regarding the album. Otherwise, piss off.

Yeah, if Axl released a statement saying that he didn't leak the songs,

or said that he didn't know that they were going to be leaked,

and he wanted us to delete those downloads off our computers

I would

but until then, I am going to enjoy the high I get from listening to them

and use it to hold me over until the album comes out and I can go buy it

<_<

i am agreeing with what lisa reed has said. i for one have not downloaded anything from chinese democracy. i will wait until the cd comes out my reasons are if axl wanted us to listen to the cd right now held release it right now and besides that when i do listen to chinese democracy i want it to be of the best quality and not some rip off version of it.everybody is going to keep on doing these types of things and axl is going to get pissed off and never release it.yes i am getting impatient to hear it and would love to download the songs but i refuse to for the simple fact i dont want to hear it until the cd comes out to me ild rather hear it done right then whatever is on these downloads.it is the same thing as breaking into his house car or studio and stealing a copy of the cd. think about it from axls point of view for a second.he has spent all this time making the cd and is trying to make it perfect and make it to where it is the quality he wants, he doesnt want people listening to it until he feels it is ready to be listened to. i dont mlame axl for being a recluse hell ild stay in my house to if i was in his shoes.think about it this way how would you feel if you was building something and it took you alot of time and effort to build because you wanted it to be the way you want it and wont accept anything less then the best. well all of a sudden john doe comes around the corner and copies a little bit from it and displays it to the world. wouldnt you be pissed off. chinese democracy is axls baby treat him and the cd with some respect.l he said we will hear music this year and i for one believe we will.but if everybody keeps up the download crap i wouldnt blame axl one bit if he pulled the plug on it right now and comes out and tells everybody sorry chinese democracy will never come out.i can hear his last words now" thanks to the lameass downloaders im keeping chinese democracy to myself"

everybody knows what happens when axl gets pissed off. so why dont we all just wait until the c d is released by axl and then listen to it 24/7.that way it will be how axl wanted us to hear it and theyll be even more excitement over the cd. now i am getting my hard hat on and expecting alot of crap for saying what i said but hey it is how i feel so bring all the cussing and shit yall want i am ready for it

Best post of the last 48 hours !

Thanx Jane.

You're right Jane but please, bear in mind that not all of us are american and put some comas, dots or anything more often in your sentences. It took me 3 minutes to read your post.

hearing clips on the innernet is what music is all about in 2006. It's as natural as taking a piss. If there werent any leaks for this album or the innernet itself this album would have the buzz of dead bee. You get those weird light years out of date articles in classic rock but thats not what kids are tuning into. If you're songs arent leaked on the inernet then you are a washed up has been.

hearing clips on the innernet is what music is all about in 2006. It's as natural as taking a piss. If there werent any leaks for this album or the innernet itself this album would have the buzz of dead bee. You get those weird light years out of date articles in classic rock but thats not what kids are tuning into. If you're songs arent leaked on the inernet then you are a washed up has been.

A good point well made.

I find Lisa's plea for patience on our part to be taking the piss somewhat. I mean, is waiting 14 years not enough?

I find it interesting that she said the "23rd of December," instead of the 24th... :suspicious:

She might have said this because in some places it is tradition to open a few presents on the 24th and the 25th.

With regards to Mrs. Reed's comments, it's not exactly the same situation. We know for certain Christmas is coming.

that is a very good point

i reckon CD will get here eventually, but its taking a fucking long time

its natural for people to want to hear this after so long of waiting

and for many of us, its made us want CD even more

Hmmm, I may have overlooked the most interesting part of this entire thread ...

Dizzy Reed has his own message board! :shocked:

Who the fuck would post at a Dizzy Reed message board? :question:

I would as@#ole and I do everyday!! Heres to you LISA!!!!!!!!!!! rock2

peace out

Lisa Reed wrote these words to the original Dizzy Reed message board with regards to the recent leak :

I just don't understand it. If people claim to love the band and Axl so much why on earth would you do something you know will piss them off? Especially when all signs point to it getting closer and closer. It's like shaking all your christmas presents on the 23rd of December and figuring out what they are. No suprise and you ruined the fun for the giver. I just as much as anyone want this record to come out. but BE PATIENT!

I understand Lisa's point of view, but I think she should put herself in the shoes of fans.

They've been hearing about "release" dates for years, and it never happens. What "signs" are we seeing today that tell fans the album is definitely being released in the next month or two? How are these signs totally different from the ones fans saw a year ago - or two years ago - or five years ago?

If the entire album was leaked, I would totally agree with you Lisa. That would definitely be wrong, and I don't think any fan would want that to happen. But one or two tracks? Sounds to me like that's just enough music to create hype around the band in preparation for the album's release.

I understand Lisa's point of view, but I think she should put herself in the shoes of fans.

They've been hearing about "release" dates for years, and it never happens. What "signs" are we seeing today that tell fans the album is definitely being released in the next month or two? How are these signs totally different from the ones fans saw a year ago - or two years ago - or five years ago?

If the entire album was leaked, I would totally agree with you Lisa. That would definitely be wrong, and I don't think any fan would want that to happen. But one or two tracks? Sounds to me like that's just enough music to create hype around the band in preparation for the album's release.

Well Done!

Whatever, if Christmas is going to be ruined for YOU then don't shake your gifts. Me? I'm fine with it, I enjoy shaking them and I'm going to buy the album anyway so shove off. Take some self responsibility and don;t worry about everyone else. I still think they were released on purpose, plus if I was a band that had not released an album in over a decade and people were still interested enough to download new clips I wouldn't complain. I don't see any reson to feel bad for listening to these tracks- does anyone have a reason that any of us should feel bad?

Edited by mcalldp