Lisa Reed's Comments about leaks

One Speed Bike

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I originally posted this at HTGTH but wanted to transplant it here:

To expound on Lisa's analogy:

This is more like someone promising an 8 year old a new bike for Christmas, over the years dropping cryptic "hints" that THIS Christmas might actually be the year....til the kid is 20. You'll have to excuse the poor kid, whether the bike is really imminently arriving or not, for taking a free tire from the guy down the block. And then bragging to all his friends about the shiny new kick ass tire he just got.

We've been patient. More patient, I dare say, than just about any other fanbase in the world. And what has that patience gotten us, really? Silence. Utter and complete blackout of meaningful information....left to concoct conspiracy theories and dissect interviews into semantic predictions.

I've got a suggestion for management and GnR: Wanna stop the leaks? Really? Maybe be a bit more communicative with the fans. That might inspire some semblance of "loyalty" amongst them so they'll listen to requests not to leak material or whatever. But asking the dog thats been beaten for 12 years to suddenly jump to your defense is probably expecting a bit much, eh?

Agreed, I would not want to see the whole album released. I don't think that's happening at all though. If you look at the way Better is cut, it's like a movie preview...it's cut to be a perfect promotion tool.

Either way, I like the new tracks and am glad to have them. I see them generating interest and press for the new album which is probably the point anyway. I see no problem with it. The people who whine about it shouldn't have downloaded the tracks.

Edited by mcalldp

If the Christmas gifts are ruined is not up to YOU anyway. It's up to the man's willing of giving.

But he DID give. He let the owners of a bar listen to it so he could drink some diet cokes and do the snake dance on top of a table. (maybe a different night, but whatever) If they get to enjoy, so should loyal fans. He doesn't want the songs to get out, don't leave it with the driver.

The problem is, we don't know that the release is getting "closer and closer". Axl doesn't communicate, and has a bit of a history with delaying the damn thing.

EXACTLY! thats fuckin right...but anyway..the songs are more than FUCKIN GREATTT!!!!

AXL COME BACK SOON!!!

If the Christmas gifts are ruined is not up to YOU anyway. It's up to the man's willing of giving.

But he DID give. He let the owners of a bar listen to it so he could drink some diet cokes and do the snake dance on top of a table. (maybe a different night, but whatever) If they get to enjoy, so should loyal fans. He doesn't want the songs to get out, don't leave it with the driver.

No comments on your outstanding imagination about gossips but to admire :rolleyes:

Edited by blackpainter

But he DID give. He let the owners of a bar listen to it so he could drink some diet cokes and do the snake dance on top of a table.

now that's some personal show I would have loved to have seen...your own CD screening session, and the man himself demo-ing it to you...I wonder if those bar owners knew what hit them.

Edited by elmir

Hmmm, I may have overlooked the most interesting part of this entire thread ...

Dizzy Reed has his own message board! :shocked:

Who the fuck would post at a Dizzy Reed message board? :question:

hey... fuck off from dissing the Dizwald, all right?

all he's ever done is be loyal to Axl and to the fans... and he and Lisa both are eagerly awaiting Axl's decision to finally come out with this thing. and yea... when you reach the level of stardom that Dizzy has... get back to me all right?

Lisa Reed wrote these words to the original Dizzy Reed message board with regards to the recent leak :

I just don't understand it. If people claim to love the band and Axl so much why on earth would you do something you know will piss them off? Especially when all signs point to it getting closer and closer. It's like shaking all your christmas presents on the 23rd of December and figuring out what they are. No suprise and you ruined the fun for the giver. I just as much as anyone want this record to come out. but BE PATIENT!

Hey One Speed Bike,

I assume you hang around the Dizzy Board at times so I'm wondering if there are threads or posts in the Dizzy forum quoting the replies we have here?

If I'm wrong, disregard!

Thanks!

rock3

Who is to blame for the leaks ? Me ? You ? No, it's the GNR camp so they have to live with their leaks... Not our problem if the did not manage their confidentiality in a professional way.... and I don't think this will delay the album...It will probably just do the contrary and get it out quicker....

Lisa Reed wrote these words to the original Dizzy Reed message board with regards to the recent leak :

I just don't understand it. If people claim to love the band and Axl so much why on earth would you do something you know will piss them off? Especially when all signs point to it getting closer and closer. It's like shaking all your christmas presents on the 23rd of December and figuring out what they are. No suprise and you ruined the fun for the giver. I just as much as anyone want this record to come out. but BE PATIENT!

the womans right

OK so i dont mind the 2 new tracks being leaked, one we already kind of had,now we have a better version and

part of a new song that sounds great. i dont want twat released because thats a lot of songs we're going to

have; TWAT, IRS, chinese democracy, the blues etc.... i dont want to hear the whole album before its released,

itd spoil the surprise like she's said! though now that the other 2 are out we may as well share them. its not a

big deal.

like she said be patient, DONT release TWAT, its unfair to the band, presuming they dont want these on the

internet. if you have the other 2 then its not wrong to listen to them, really we've only got one new song.big

deal. like a taster of the album. but ANOTHER leak :blink: itll just be crap when we get to listen to the cd for

the first time because we'll have heard it all.

patience is a virtue :book: ... apparently

I've tried being patient since 1999.

If we were to get a announcement,or even a few comments that shed some light on the release of the album it would help. He doesn't even have to get a date out yet,just say something about how close it is to being finished or when it's expected to be out.

Now I know he doesn't have to do a damn thing,and I undertand that,and will hang in here no matter,but if there was communication with us,it would be easier to wait for.

Oh My God came out in 1999,Madagascar,The Blues,Chinese Democracy and others were played during a two year time span or 2001-2002..Here we are in 2006,I'll listen to the demo of IRS.

Mrs.Reed - Fuck right off.

you have no clue , just like your husbands keyboard playing. (never been a fan of that idiot , never will).

wtf kind of a comment is that?

Learn to be respectful if you wish to post here.

If you don't agree with her, that's fine.

But making this kind of personal attack and insult is out of line.

Be patient huh?

WTF are you thinking telling GNR fans to "be patient"? We have been patient for 13 fuckin years! Not only do we havew to be told to be patient, it is told to us by someone not even involved with the band?!!! You are Dizzy's wife, not GNR's management or anything. Maybe if someone from the band said something, we'd give it a listen. Who here is a "Lisa Reed fan"? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?..............

Boy I wish I could marry a celebrity so I could write mediocre books and speak to their fans as if anyone gives a shit what I think. :rolleyes:

Edited by bin laden killed gnr