Lisa Reed's Comments about leaks

One Speed Bike

well I don't think an 80 second demo is going to ruin the surprise of an over 60 minutes cd.

I can't wait til it released :)

The CD is gonna rock

I totally agree with you there. I don't think it's going to ruin it for us.

Besides...how long have we been waiting for?

It's been a while and I think we deserve to hear a sneak peek!

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its nothing like shaking my presents at christmas, its a song i wanna hear from an album thats not gonna be released, and its people like u who find it easy to just live with coz u got people close to the band who let u know whats going on for fun. so if u get in the mind of average gnr fan u will understand why we wanna hear this stuff( i bet all ya forum owners r lovin it like ''jarmo'') night

Edited by Jack_Daniels84

Well then Axl and co should have taken better care to not allow any of their songs to leak, at the end of the the person who leaked the songs are the ones liable, thats it. What do they expect, more than a decade of rumours and promises and nothing has been delivered, its only natural that fans are curious and show interest in the music.

Well then Axl and co should have taken better care to not allow any of their songs to leak, at the end of the the person who leaked the songs are the ones liable, thats it. What do they expect, more than a decade of rumours and promises and nothing has been delivered, its only natural that fans are curious and show interest in the music.

yep.

This is like being starved for a week, being promised all the while that you're being cooked a feast fit for a king. And now, we're being thrown scraps and told not to bite because it'll spoil our appetite for the main meal.

We've been told all along that the album is [nearly ready/will be heard soon/almost there/etc], but really, we have no idea if we'll ever see it. I say take the scraps.

OK, not the best analogy...

I thinks it's a damn good analogy.

Someone who has been deprived of something for ten or more years, you offer them a sample of what they love , but with the disclaimer"Don't take it, what's comign is so much better. Give me a break!

I could understand if Axl had said something....in the last ten years besides "soon......"

Lisa Reed can easily say this because she has probably ten versions of the album in her house, so how can she criticize?

This is like being starved for a week, being promised all the while that you're being cooked a feast fit for a king. And now, we're being thrown scraps and told not to bite because it'll spoil our appetite for the main meal.

We've been told all along that the album is [nearly ready/will be heard soon/almost there/etc], but really, we have no idea if we'll ever see it. I say take the scraps.

OK, not the best analogy...

perfect analogy.

I find it interesting that she said the "23rd of December," instead of the 24th... :suspicious:

*Sigh* We still have a lot more waiting in front of us I'm willing to bet...

:confused:

ur to dumb to realise what she wanted to say! 23 is the eve of Christmas , and the time we are now is the eve of CD ! which means u dont have to wait a lot from now on... but these leaks already ruined part of the surprise !

I'm not condoning it. However, I do believe that the prolonged wait for the album (or any kind of official announcement regarding a forthcoming release) has only increased the chance of a 'leak' like this occurring and being taken up so quickly by a feverish fan base. Starved of fresh material for years, many fans now rationalise their "theft" by reassuring themselves that "they've waited long enough for it".

I'm NOT saying it's right. It's just that there are few GNR fans as morally disciplined as yourself not to grab whatever leaks are made available.

I think that Lisa Reed shouldn't care about these things. Who does she think she is!?? Has she waited 13 years for something new from GN'R? "All we need is just a little patience" well, f*ck that now. We want CD now. It has been too long.

Edited by jaeger

I got a feelin' This ALBUM will appear one day in the stores without warning and giving out the release dates!

...Now...this I would call the perfect MARKETING!

Believe me...I'm working on that sort of things for many years...with promotion and stuff like this and this new methods of advertising should ba called DIS-FU-MARKETING :lol::lol::lol:

I'm sorry, but the one group of fans NO ONE has any right to say "be patient" to are GNR fans!

I'm 28 years old, people..... I've been patient since I was 14!!!!! That's half my fucking life!

ha ha ha ha ha...same here man, same here.....

over a decade is a little better than patient...

That's not a reason to leak material that has not been officially released yet.

If it was officially released, it wouldn't be a leak. :rolleyes:

My point was that bootleg demos are often available once the record has been released. Do you think the demo of November Rain was available before the release of UYI ? :rolleyes: