Lisa Reed's Comments about leaks

One Speed Bike

People make it sound like this has a logical bearing on when/whether the album comes out. It doesn't. GnR can be pissed, but it should have no bearing on the release of the album. I don't know if being pissed off is even the right response. It's a reality that, in this era, songs are going to leak. No album, especially from a high profile artist like GnR, is going to have airtight security.

Besides, who doesn't shake their Christmas presents???

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Give Lisa a break, OK?

She's a sweetheart. She said what she felt at the time, and she addressed it to a far different group, a group of "friends", than this one. Her statements weren't exactly for public consumption....that they got transplanted here, and ripped apart, and have now been resurrected AGAIN, is unfortunate.

haha ok, lisa reed.

haha ok, lisa reed.

Not hardly. I'm a very long time poster at HTGTH, and occasional poster but long time lurker here, and I'm decidedly male. You can ask my wife and 2, soon to be 3, kids. :)

And while I do love Dizzy, it's not remotely in that way.

It's just, knowing what I know of Lisa, I know that when her comments get ripped up like this, and she gets taken to task...well, it effects a real person. She has a pretty thick skin, but still. I know..anonymity of the net and all that shit, but, when it comes down to brass tacks there is a living , breathing person on the other end of her comments. One who deserves a break and who was simply showing loyalty to her husband and the band. People should keep that in mind when getting nasty, badmouthing her, and ripping the poor ladies statements to shreds.

You can disagree, if you must, in a civil manner and move on. The rank hostility is sort of uncalled for, IMHO.

... It's just, knowing what I know of Lisa, I know that when her comments get ripped up like this, and she gets taken to task...well, it effects a real person. She has a pretty thick skin, but still. I know..anonymity of the net and all that shit, but, when it comes down to brass tacks there is a living , breathing person on the other end of her comments. One who deserves a break and who was simply showing loyalty to her husband and the band. People should keep that in mind when getting nasty, badmouthing her, and ripping the poor ladies statements to shreds.

You can disagree, if you must, in a civil manner and move on. The rank hostility is sort of uncalled for, IMHO.

Agreed.

I see nothing wrong with her comments, and I'm not sure why some members get cheap thrills out of ripping her and her husband apart. Dizzy - unlike the other members - stayed loyal to Axl and to GNR all of these years. I admire and respect him for that.

So it makes no sense why certain people on this forum - who claim to be GNR fans - would diss him or his wife. Clearly, some of you aren't getting enough attention in the real world and feel the need to come to a GNR fan forum to diss members of the band in the hopes of getting attention here. If that's you - get a life.

haha ok, lisa reed.

Not hardly. I'm a very long time poster at HTGTH, and occasional poster but long time lurker here, and I'm decidedly male. You can ask my wife and 2, soon to be 3, kids. :)

And while I do love Dizzy, it's not remotely in that way.

It's just, knowing what I know of Lisa, I know that when her comments get ripped up like this, and she gets taken to task...well, it effects a real person. She has a pretty thick skin, but still. I know..anonymity of the net and all that shit, but, when it comes down to brass tacks there is a living , breathing person on the other end of her comments. One who deserves a break and who was simply showing loyalty to her husband and the band. People should keep that in mind when getting nasty, badmouthing her, and ripping the poor ladies statements to shreds.

Alright, I see your point and I will tone down my hostility. I still think that remarks put on the internet should be expected to reach any number of people you might not have intended to reach. Her comments are basic enough that extracting the meaning to = 'not being happy that fans are listening to leaks and that we are not patient enough', seems pretty logical. Thinking that we, as fans, have been anything but patient is so far out of anything I can relate to as reality that I consider it an insult to the fan base as a whole.

She may ve3ry well be a nice person but my comments are meant as a response to her thoughts on Guns fans. I can't comment on any other part of her personality or life as I ahve no clue about that. I'll stand by my thoughts regarding this subject tho' :xmasschef2:

Agreed.

I see nothing wrong with her comments, and I'm not sure why some members get cheap thrills out of ripping her and her husband apart. Dizzy - unlike the other members - stayed loyal to Axl and to GNR all of these years. I admire and respect him for that.

So it makes no sense why certain people on this forum - who claim to be GNR fans - would diss him or his wife. Clearly, some of you aren't getting enough attention in the real world and feel the need to come to a GNR fan forum to diss members of the band in the hopes of getting attention here. If that's you - get a life.

I feel the need to come to this forum and comment on something for the same reasons you do, just because someone else is on the other side of the argument doesn't mean that their reason for being here is somehow less nobel than your own.

Dizzy -MAY- be sticking around for the pure loyalty aspect but I somehow think that being on the Guns payroll isn't a bad gig either.

I still thik that any comment regarding Guns fans as not being patient is pure shite. :xmasschef2:

Lisa Reed wrote these words to the original Dizzy Reed message board with regards to the recent leak :

I just don't understand it. If people claim to love the band and Axl so much why on earth would you do something you know will piss them off? Especially when all signs point to it getting closer and closer. It's like shaking all your christmas presents on the 23rd of December and figuring out what they are. No suprise and you ruined the fun for the giver. I just as much as anyone want this record to come out. but BE PATIENT!

Be patient? Axl himself said in chicago, 92 , we dont have any time to waste, so , Lisa Reed....

DO YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE?

UR IN THE JUNGLE BABY, WAKE UP..ITS TIME TO DIE!!!1 <_<