'Better' as a single

lite_sneeze

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It would make a great single that song kicks ass well what we,ve heard of it :)

I know, who the heck uploads only half a song

it's enough to drive you freak'n crazy

:fuckyou:

but I am thankful also for the little i got just the same

:wub:

Edited by lite_sneeze

It's a tricky one cuz it sounds like 'better' is just kicking in (to the chorus?) when it cuts off, but from what I've heard it has the potential to be a great single.

IRS I'm not sure it would make a good single.... jury is still out for me. It's a great song, but in terms of a 'catchy' single better has the (potential) edge to get more airplay.

IRS sound to me like a great album track rather than a great single.

I still (at this point) prefer The Blues and Madagascar though.

Let's just hope CD gets a release date and worry about the single after that!!

Personally I'd like the first single to be There Was A Time or something we haven't heard before so we can all get proper excited when the single is released!

LP

who here thinks that ' Better' would make a totally Kickass single.

I've been listening to the demo for hours now and I cannot get enough of it

It depends on how long the finished song is. It could be 3 minutes, it could be 10 minutes.

Besides, the intro is too long and non kicking. Singles tend to work better when they have instantly recognizable intros. Welcome to the Jungle, It's So easy for example. That's just my take.

Edited by dobadog

It's a tricky one cuz it sounds like 'better' is just kicking in (to the chorus?) when it cuts off, but from what I've heard it has the potential to be a great single.

IRS I'm not sure it would make a good single.... jury is still out for me. It's a great song, but in terms of a 'catchy' single better has the (potential) edge to get more airplay.

Personally I'd like the first single to be There Was A Time or something we haven't heard before so we can all get proper excited when the single is released!

LP

I agree with you about IRS; it's too bad we couldn't hear the rest of 'Better'

I did like 'the Blues' too, but the one I heard was a really rough copy of it, taped live, from somewhere out in the audience. I liked what I could hear of it though

LP

I agree with you about IRS; it's too bad we couldn't hear the rest of 'Better'

I did like 'the Blues' too, but the one I heard was a really rough copy of it, taped live, from somewhere out in the audience. I liked what I could hear of it though

If I unserstood right you haven't heard any of the re-masters of it? Dowloand this:The Blues (Re-mastered)

I like IRS but I THINK that Better will come out on top. It's hard to say without hearing the whole thing but it sounds like it's really kicking in before the recording cuts off and I love the beginning, something a little different..no reason to stick too tightly to formula or things would get boring...What's putting everyone off on this intro, the voice sounding so fem? I love it, adds another deminsion to the song.