interesting info from darknamus

gnrrules21

Hey all,

Treat this as rumor for now, please - until someone either corroborates it or manages to kill it.

The song "Better", as per a phone conversation I had yesterday evening, did NOT come from the CD sent to Eddie Trunk. In fact, the person I spoke with seemed pretty confident that it came from a disc thats only been "in the wild" for a couple of weeks now. Make of that what you will - but the Trunk disc apparently did *NOT* have Better on it, while this one did.

On a further note, I've now gotten corroboration from two independent sources that the disc that Better DID come from has a total of 7 tracks.

IRS

Better

TWAT

TWAT (a different mix? or different vocals? not sure - but there are two different versions on the disc)

3 Instrumentals (of which I have no clue what they are - I'm assuming the instrumental tracks to IRS, Better, & TWAT?)

Supposedly (as I had heard long ago, but I'm still not positive about) the Trunk CD has / had "Prostitute" on it.

Furhermore - and this one is the info I'm least sure of (at the moment) There's apparently some OTHER demo disc out there. Working on getting details. If / when I do, I'll share.

(Posted at htgth)

check that out dont knowmuch about it but seems interesting none the less

This makes me feel further that the songs were leaked internally -"Better" i believe is a newer song -not really something that has been around for years and years -we've never heard the title till Axl spoke of it in the RS interview a month or so ago.Couple this with the fact that we haven't heard an official statement regarding the leaks from Merck or Axl or anyone since they came out Wednesday night -just Merck's "Thank You -please remove them" statement -it really seems as if they were leaked on purpose......i really feel like they are trying to gauge fans reactions toward the new material before they release the record.I feel like if they were really bothered about it then someone would of come out by now pleading that we not share the leaks or download anything else -but we've heard nothing,but then again that is the norm with Guns -and that is the problem..........

Well Darknemus,

You having the possibility of being in the situation where you could be getting your hands on that disc makes me wish i were in your position. Either that or wish I had known you for a long time, you seem like a cool guy any ways. I'm not going to lie and say I wouldn't want a copy or hear the whole thing. You should let me know how I could get my hands on it, and then you wouldn't have to worry about the ordeal.

I know this type of opinion is not favored by those of you who want to respect the wishes of Merck. But after all this leakage not even a good statement? I'm not saying I'm owed anything but it is not like Management themselves are taking a great stand against this leakage, it is the people who operate these forums out of their decision to abide by what Merck says and what they think is best for everyone.

It has been almost fifteen years we've been, or some of us have been waiting for an origional album headed by Mr. Axl Rose. That's been a damn long time.

It has been six years since we heard a studio recording of a new song. And that is probably number three of the studio demos while irs holds two and better holds one, at least in my mind.

I'm not going to be a whiner and post a million threads stating how pissed off and upset I am because some one else that is a fan has been able to rock out to these songs and I haven't. But I will say, if I could, I sure as fuck would rock out to these songs. Didn't Axl say in Rio that he.. "I have no intention of denying you guys something you would love to hear." If only that applied here.

I just wish I could have at least heard a little more of the chorus for Better. You notice as the part gets "heavy" Axl sounds a kind of "Brutal" I have never heard Axl sound, and I think its fucking awsome. That's what I really want to hear.

I donno, if you're still at ends with what to do Darknemus, if you get your hands on that cd, I could lift that off your shoulders for ya. ;) Just Message me if it really gets tough for ya.

Edited by jimb0

I wish Dark would father my children

No you don't, trust me :-P between being left handed, blue eyed, taller than average, heavier than average, and living a rather wreckless life to begin with. (You know, stupid crap like bungee jumping and the like because i'm a thrillseeker) I think my life expectancy is about, oh, 37 or so.

But thanks for the props, anyway :)

Peace out,

-darknemus

If you ever put your hands on the CD or any other, enjoy it for yourself, don't share. There is the work of too many people on it.

I'm a huge fan, and of course I could think of downloading it to get a preview of everything but I also think this wouldn't be fair for the people who worked on it.

Anyway, for what we can read of the past days, leaked or not this CD will be bought by the fans. It limits the damages but why leak it?

Axl 's free to make it listen to whomsoever he wants, it's his work. You don't have this freedom or power of decision.

My position is not a criticism to you or anyone willing to leak the CD, it's just an opinion.

This is probably the most clear-headed post I've read about this situation.

A pretty good, and simple, explanation of intellectual property rights.

Nicely done, SS!!

/Mike

Thanks. I worked with Intellectual property rights by the past, I admit.

Hey Darknemus someone said Axl talked to a dutch radio station and said the problem with the leaks would be solved at the end of March,referring to the release of CD.Have you heard anything about that

Edited by torqued

Maybe if people didn't start forwarding it to radio stations and that shit, we would have had the opportunity to listen to all the leaked tunes! The leaker wouldn't have been pressured not to release it since he already released one.

Edited by abitestranged

I wish Dark would father my children

No you don't, trust me :-P between being left handed, blue eyed, taller than average, heavier than average, and living a rather wreckless life to begin with. (You know, stupid crap like bungee jumping and the like because i'm a thrillseeker) I think my life expectancy is about, oh, 37 or so.

But thanks for the props, anyway :)

Peace out,

-darknemus

LOL!

Well, you can take our boys on one of your wild adventures, maybe a river trip in Africa abroad the African Queen?

Hey Darknemus someone said Axl talked to a dutch radio station and said the problem with the leaks would be solved at the end of March,referring to the release of CD.Have you heard anything about that

Nope - funny thing is there's a Dutch girl here at work who is always listening to some online Dutch radio station, too. But she's on vacation today. I was going to ask her to see if she could find out anything.

-darknemus

Nope - funny thing is there's a Dutch girl here at work who is always listening to some online Dutch radio station, too. But she's on vacation today. I was going to ask her to see if she could find out anything.

-darknemus

Anything you can do dark, is greatly appreciated. So thanks once again. Activity seems to be happening everyday lately. I'm just hoping it doesn't come to an 8 month halt.

Question for you darknemus, wes, or saint_seiya:

Do you know if the original source CD had the tracks saved in MP3 format, or were they in standard CDA CD audio format?

I am confused about something that doesn't make sense to me...

-The story was that wes had the CD, but he was on a dial-up modem so it took a while to upload the files to saint_seiya. saint_seiya then posted the first yousendit.com link on mygnrforum. I was constantly refreshing mygnrforum for the few hours leading up to the posting and I was one of the first people to download the file from that very first download link. The file's name was '01 i.r.s.mp3'. This MP3's tag properties shows "made by saint_seiya" in the Description field .

1). Is it your understanding that wes uploaded an MP3 to saint_seiya and saint_seiya then modified the tag properties to show "made by saint_seiya" in the description field? Why would saint_seiya bother making this change to the ID3 tag if he/she didn't really make the MP3 file? If the files were already in MP3 format on the source CD, it would have been cool to see the original ID3 tag information...maybe would have provided a clue as to their origination.

2). Or did wes upload a raw WAV file to saint_seiya (which would take hours on a dial-up connection), who then did the MP3 conversion to it?

Edited by TheViper

As I posted on HTGTH, if I got my hands on the disc (discs) - or tracks thereof, I really don't know what I'd do.

Actually, the problem is, I *DO* know what I'd do, and that scares me. Not the possible legal repercussions or anything like that (as i'm certainly not the person who leaked the discs, thats for damn sure) but just a very difficult position to be in.

I'm kind of hoping I don't have to be in said position. We'll see, though. There is no fate but what we make and all that.

-darknemus

I'll leak it for you..

As I posted on HTGTH, if I got my hands on the disc (discs) - or tracks thereof, I really don't know what I'd do.

Actually, the problem is, I *DO* know what I'd do, and that scares me. Not the possible legal repercussions or anything like that (as i'm certainly not the person who leaked the discs, thats for damn sure) but just a very difficult position to be in.

I'm kind of hoping I don't have to be in said position. We'll see, though. There is no fate but what we make and all that.

-darknemus

:ph34r: We'll See

From HTGTH :book:

I emailed Eddie this morning. He confirmed that "Better" was not on the Trunk CD.

So the source of this leak is different.

I have an email I'll forward off to madison and jarmo.

Agustin.

PS: remember wes said something about Las Vegas of the CD source.

Edited by Argentina Roses

From HTGTH :book:

I emailed Eddie this morning. He confirmed that "Better" was not on the Trunk CD.

So the source of this leak is different.

I have an email I'll forward off to madison and jarmo.

Agustin.

This forum is just repeating itself now. We knew this, what..2 days ago.

-darknemus

wow... ok, this is getting a little out of hand. :-) as I said earlier on another forum:

I have had several email contacts with this radio dj from Veronica. (this started when the new Axl pics -with the goatee- showed up) I've showed him those pics. He was pretty cool about it all, and thanked me on national radio. So, the day after IRS & Better were leaked, I told him about it, and that they were floating around. I used the word 'clip', but in Dutch that mainly means "videoclip'. My mistake, but I was reading the word in English context everywhere... So, it's very probable they didn't have the (audio) clips yet by the time they published this article on their site. (Since they believed a videoclip was leaked, instead of the audio file)

I also told him about SLASH's remarks on the release of CD in March. He probably didn't 'understand' me well, and published a slightly different story of AXL saying this... Kinda freedom of expression... :-)

Today I got an email of him saying he might wanna play it during his show. I haven't been able to listen to it the whole 2 hours, so don't know if he did yet. (I told him that it'll probably be illegal, but he wasn't convinced...) Tomorrow he's got another show, so who knows...

Anyway, hope this clears things up a bit. The source was informed by me (maybe some others as well), but "rearranged" my info a bit.

remco

PS: dutch girl at work, eh darknemus? what's her (typically) Dutch name? :-P