________

Guest Bach

no, Slash does not want to have two lead guitarists.... and Duff and Matt would propably follow Slash and I think Axl would just be happy to let 'em follow him and come in the band too.

but I don't think he would get rid of the rest.... only have Slash as lead guitar, Duff on bass and Matt on drums

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

with all this talk about slash and axl reuniting, people are saying axl would get rid of the new band. In reality the new band is great, and there only talking about slash rejoining. So could it be possible for axl to keep the new band but have slash replace bucketheads spot? That would be fuckn awesome

yeah.. I think so too.. It's quite possible.. they're probably just waiting to a week before the release to announce that slash is on the record.. :)

Axl, Slash, Dizzy, Finch, Fortus and Brain would be awesome, yes :D

There's no way Axl is just gonna dump the current band to bring back Slash, Duff and Matt. The only way I see these rumours being true is if Slash has had a falling out with VR and he replaces Buckethead on tour... which is very unlikely.

Edited by PurpleHaze

with all this talk about slash and axl reuniting, people are saying axl would get rid of the new band. In reality the new band is great, and there only talking about slash rejoining. So could it be possible for axl to keep the new band but have slash replace bucketheads spot? That would be fuckn awesome

yeah.. I think so too.. It's quite possible.. they're probably just waiting to a week before the release to announce that slash is on the record.. :)

Who'll play bass?

Who'll play bass?

SLASH of course ;).. no.. just kidding.. forgot Stinson.. sorry Tommy

who cares about chinese democracy if AXL AND SLASH are back together. take a year and write a new album. Hope Duff n Matt come to play too n Izzy for that matter. Rock N ROLL needs it. WTF velvet revolver are dealing with a stupid like pharrell. Mate Slash surely wouldnt take that and like it... Fuuuck dance we want rock n roll

Its only kind of funny that the rock and roll you speak of comes with a 45 year old man in a football jersey with corn rows doing the snake?

J/k but I doubt this big reunion everybody is dreaming of happens.

Who has ALREADY accomplished more in his life than you will ever amount to......loser....go the fuck home

and it's not 45 meatwad.........

goddamnihatestupidpeople

no slash coming back to guns n roses... i really dont think so !

yes as u can hear / read in the recent slash interviews , he is very interested in CD (and its a normal thing) the only thing that made me think about some new relation between slash and axl was when slash talked about CD ...like : cant wait to hear it , yes its coming out and appearently it sounds great ! ...as i remember from that interview...

Thing is... I can see Slash coming back to the GN'R fold, if he had a falling-out with VR. His sound's evolved over the years, and it's possible he'd be more amenable to the new GN'R's musical direction. And is Madagascar really that different from Estranged? It's possible that Slash has heard the new stuff, and has been won over.

Also, from a commercial standpoint, it'd make sense if Slash came back; just look at the number of newspaper articles that assume he's still a memeber of the band. He and Axl are the most indispensable members of GN'R from an image standpoint, and Axl should realise that. Even though he's not as technically accomplished as Buckethead, he's pretty much the only guitarist Axl can hire now that'll make headlines and give the band a defined image.

I'd cheerfully gnaw off my own arm to see Slash playing with the new band; Fortus and Slash leaping around on stage would be a sight to see. The only downer would be that Slash would probably want to play all the old solos, depriving us of Fortus' Think About You and Finck's SCOM (the Rio version betters the original, IMO).

We live in interesting times...

SG

who the fuck would want slash back in the band now?

Patience 4 Axl, your comments are the most ridicuous. You talk as if you know Slash in person, and what songs he would or would not play on, who he would be in a band with. Believe me, if Axl and Slash were working together, Slash would be the one making the compromise, we all know how Axl is.

GNR has Finck and Fortus on guitar, there is no need for Slash.

I dont see Slash coming back to tour and play tracks that are on an album on which he does not play the guitars and an an album on which he did not write any songs... Listening to these demos, they are missing the Slash solos, licks and bluesy hard rock guitar sound...

Finck is no match for Slash on sound, playing and writing... No wonder Trent Reznor is still doing well without him.... Let's be serious, Finck messed-up how many times the SCOM intro or Solo during the 2002 tour... Can't believe Axl, a perfectionnist can accept that. BUcket however played the hell out of SCOM at RIO 2001... tto bad he's gone. However, I do like Fortus.

I doubt very much this will happen and I see more a Velvet Revolver CD coming out in 2006....

I dont see Slash coming back to tour and play tracks that are on an album on which he does not play the guitars and an an album on which he did not write any songs... Listening to these demos, they are missing the Slash solos, licks and bluesy hard rock guitar sound...

Finck is no match for Slash on sound, playing and writing... No wonder Trent Reznor is still doing well without him.... Let's be serious, Finck messed-up how many times the SCOM intro or Solo during the 2002 tour... Can't believe Axl, a perfectionnist can accept that. BUcket however played the hell out of SCOM at RIO 2001... tto bad he's gone. However, I do like Fortus.

That was Finck playing the SCOM solo at Rio. Watch the video...

SG

mmm i wonder why ... :rolleyes:

No reason. Getting Slash back, that would be foolish to say the least.

From Axl's pov, the big point of Chinese Democracy is to show that Axl can do it without the old members.

Imo....

so u think axl is doin all this JUST to show the world he can make good music without slash ? :rofl-lol:

stupid axl .... :monkey::P

I gotta tell you man I think these are all str8 up rumors thrown out to get the Chinese Dem. word out in the street. I'm linked to Slash's site and other related news on them and I can't imagine Axl and Slash getting back togethor. I think VR is Slash, Duff and MAtt's new band and Axl should drop this album and continue with his new crew. They can always do a concert togethor down the line if possible like Weiland is doin this summer with STP and VR on the same stage. I love VR and hate to see them break up. I met Axl a week ao in the city and he was super cool and seemed to be into his new bandmates so why not move on.

Thoughts?