Freddie Mercury

Guest JohnUlmer

Guest JohnUlmer

He wasn't lying in the RS interview - he's definitely sounding more like Freddie Mercury on these new tracks. I now believe he didn't "lose his voice" during the '02 concert - he was purposely making it more like Mercury's. At the time, he just lacked the ability. With practice he seems to have mastered it.

I don't know if we're allowed to even discuss the songs - I just want to point out briefly that the vocals on "Better" are very Mercury-ish.

Guest JohnUlmer

I'm sorry I can't elaborate more at the moment...there were other similarities I wanted to point out...I don't have the time.

I also want to make a note that the intro to Better with the guitar work and background vocals are very Asian.

Chinese.

Yes, I agree with you and had thought this myself. The intro is Asian sounding and is a very different vocal style for Axl (I think why so many people seem to not like the intro) For me, I think this intro is REALLY good. It shows growth and changes the song up a bit for another layer of sounds, I think it adds a lot. Love it-

I'm sorry I can't elaborate more at the moment...there were other similarities I wanted to point out...I don't have the time.

I also want to make a note that the intro to Better with the guitar work and background vocals are very Asian.

Chinese.