RUMOUR: If rumours are true about GNR and VR

Route66

IF the rumours are true about some sort of GNR reunion with Slash and Axl..

and IF the rumours are true about the new GNR guys leaving.. etc etc and Weiland looking to make a concept album with a fucking dance groove... or rejoin STP...

maybe these leaks are coming from pissed off band members?? Just a thought i'd like to share..

Please dont flame me :confused::shocked:;)

Oh and Sorum is looking to start other projects. I dont think Axl likes him much anyway.

Edited by Route66

and IF the rumours are true about the new GNR guys leaving.. etc etc and Weiland looking to make a concept album with a fucking dance groove... or rejoin STP...

maybe these leaks are coming from pissed off band members?? Just a thought i'd like to share..

Oh and Sorum is looking to start other projects. I dont think Axl likes him much anyway.

Where did you hear these rumors your write about? I come here everyday and haven't heard of them yet

All over the web dude.

Sorums site has been updated and some of it is there.

The Slash and Axl rumour is just that... forums are all awash with this stuff. I think even radio stations have reported some of this stuff. It might be bullshit but some things fit and some things dont.

Some shit i posted in another thread.

"OK this IS interesting...

Ross Halfin mentioned something like this not long ago.

Slash has been talking about CD a hell of a lot recently.

Matt's website talks about working with Duff but NOT Slash... also he is embarking on some new projects.

Axl spoke of his admiration for Slash at the Korn party. Also mentions talking to Izzy...

Axl, Slash, Duff court case delayed... what are they doing? settlement of sorts maybe?

Weiland is supposedly bringing out another solo record soon. Talks about doing a VR concept album.. dont think Slash will want to be part of that.

It's all a bit strange..

For me the wierd part is Slash giving lots of publicity to the CHI DEM release.

I wouldnt like to guess at what might be happening at this stage."

Take it for what it is rumours.

Edited by Route66

yeh it would be cool. All a little unbelievable just now but imagine the fuss that would generate. Even if it was ONLY Slash..

that guy that interviewed Dizzy for his frat mentioned something about Slash and Duff offering for a reunion. So maybe there is some truth to all this rumour stuff..

Someone who knows Matt Sorum said recently 'Matt is busy with VR and the rumored GNR Axl/Slash thing...' and that was all. I assume he meant download festival. I would say where I saw this, but I don't want tons of GNR fans crushing his web page! LOL. This person would know. Someone else may have seen this also. I hope it is not true, I say bring on the new band and record.

Maybe Axl wants Izzy and Slash to guest star in one of the songs

That would be awesom and a bigger suprise then with CD alone

well...maybe he has tried that for years already..maybe

nobody knows...

...everyone could say "i haven't speak to him for 10 years"..everyone...who knows if that is true....

Why is that weird?

He hangs with Halfin alot.

Yes but Halfin is writing something about GNR for an upcoming press release i think. Might be nothing i guess.. VR dont have a lot going on..

Its wierd to me cos Halfin mentioned something about the original GNR playing Donnington then removed it. Maybe Slash was giving him some more details.. i dunno.. just rumours and probably nothing to this but its fun to guess

Why is that weird?

Yes but Halfin is writing something about GNR for an upcoming press release i think. Might be nothing i guess.. VR dont have a lot going on..

Its wierd to me cos Halfin mentioned something about the original GNR playing Donnington then removed it. Maybe Slash was giving him some more details.. i dunno.. just rumours and probably nothing to this but its fun to guess

where did you get that halfin was writing something about gnr?

Why is that weird?

Yeah. Lets keep an eye on Halfin's site. ;) He has been known to write things, and then later have to remove it for one reason or another.

Why is that weird?

where did you get that halfin was writing something about gnr?

Its on his diary page on the website

There are some strange things in the news. Talk about Sorum working with Camp Freddy on an album, and also saying that the next VR album could involve work with Pharrell (a "more danceable" album). Don't know how Slash would feel about that. The trial with Slash/Axl/Duff being moved back, possibly to accomodate CD related issues. Scott Weiland releasing another solo album, so maybe he's had time to work on that while other members (Slash) have been working on other projects (appearance on CD?) I'd love to see Izzy co-writing some songs or appearing too.

There are some strange things in the news. Talk about Sorum working with Camp Freddy on an album, and also saying that the next VR album could involve work with Pharrell (a "more danceable" album). Don't know how Slash would feel about that. The trial with Slash/Axl/Duff being moved back, possibly to accomodate CD related issues. Scott Weiland releasing another solo album, so maybe he's had time to work on that while other members (Slash) have been working on other projects (appearance on CD?) I'd love to see Izzy co-writing some songs or appearing too.

Matt has already recorded his parts for the Camp Freddy album, and Scott will be doing the vocals. Dont know if that will be takenas proof against the theory of Matt doing other projects or adds to a new theory about Scott fronting another band.

Also, people seem to have misinterpreted the album being more 'danceable' as meaning it will no longer be a rock n roll aobum

ive never thought much happened between axl and slash that caused the breakup of the band. i believe that axl simply wanted some time. the little bit of work he did do between 1994-1997 was mainly more techno edged. slash wouldn't go for that. when i first heard wieland was fronting VR it ran through my mind that wieland is quite similar. he does more techno themed music. to me contraband didn't feel like the typical slash. it felt like a stp record with another guitar player. this could have been a sign slash was unhappy as he likes the dominant guitarist role most of the time. if Axl asked him im 95% sure slash would do it. there are too many coincidences for something to NOT be going on. he seems to be on the inside loop all of a sudden. am i wrong or does halfin live in the uk? it would seem weird for slash to hang with him twice within a short period unless something was going on.

this might be getting a little off-topic, but to me, a close listen to Contraband reveals a lot about how far Slash has come as a guitarist. Of course there are a few solos everyone knows (Slither), but his guitar work in each song is so varied and dynamic. Unfortunately, in my opinion, the album was dominated by in your face bass and drums with a lot of rythym guitar. I don't know where Slash stands with VR right now, but as for people saying he would never think about playing "new gnr" material... I think there are a few songs we've heard where he would absolutely tear it up.

First of all, I´d like to clarify one thing, Scott and Slash aren´t getting along to well.

2. The whole thing about Axl hating Slash and vice versa is alot of media crap,

Axl hasn´t bad mouthed Slash, yeah he said that those old guys never wanted to

make the slow songs. So what, it might aswell be a fact. But that doesn´t mean

anything. Any band has a certain chemistry that needs an energy of strong individuals.

Or you wouldn´t have a band, a band can´t work well if everybody´s sitting

and watching the lead singer/frontman do all the work. NOT EVEN ZEPPELIN!!

ppl seem to jump the gun when it comes to accusing one or the other for shit that never happend,

or make a bird out a feather, come one, only jesus could do that.

and time is a healer... that´s all we know.

If slash truly admires Axl´s work that might be the key why they split up in the first place.

Izzy will be back if he wants to, remember he is Axl´s best friend, or was.

sure enough he was fuckn wasted all the time back then.

With Matt I don´t see he really had anything to say in the firstplace.

And whatever Matt said was probably errected by Axl´s need of getting out the sound that he wanted.

I´m sure if Slash got onboard it will still be with Finck.

Well I must say. Slash in all honour. He's great! More than than that - he's fantastic. But I say; don't forget Duff (some of the best bass tunes ever for rock songs imo) and Izzy (oh Izzy - the magic songwriter, when he cares)...

If you suddenly reconsider those three - my dream GnR would concist of:

Vocals: Axl..

Lead guitar 1: Slash!

Lead/Rythm Guitar: Richard Fortus (thinks he's most interesting of the new guitarists..)

Rthm guitar: Izzy!!!!

Bass guitar: Duff!!

Keyboard 1: Dizzy!

Keyboard 2: Chris Pitman. I think he's important to the new GnR sound.

Drums: Brain! Absolutely - by far the best and most great GnR drummer!

When I think about it. This is my gnr dreamband. :D