More leaks

Guest JohnUlmer

Guest JohnUlmer

This is the Internet age. More leaks will occur as demos and songs are sent to be mastered and are generally being passed around from one person to the next. We will hear more. It's sad. but true. There's too much built up around this - it falls into the hands of one wrong person and it's all over the 'net.

We should take this as a good thing, though - if it was leaked straight from the Demo disc, then it's obviously in the process of being prepared for shipment.

So, maybe the Amazon listing WASN'T taken out of proportion after all...

Could it be Axl's new woman?

Probaly not. She's just a GnR fan looking for attention.

It's not the album cover but inside booklet art. My guess

Could there be new leaks?

TWAT is my guess.

Well I just got a message back from her, and she says she has no idea whats gone on, she just woke up to the info in her inbox of all this "madness" ??

This is the Internet age. More leaks will occur as demos and songs are sent to be mastered and are generally being passed around from one person to the next. We will hear more. It's sad. but true. There's too much built up around this - it falls into the hands of one wrong person and it's all over the 'net.

We should take this as a good thing, though - if it was leaked straight from the Demo disc, then it's obviously in the process of being prepared for shipment.

I agree with you that we probably will hear more leaks. But I don't think the songs we got now is taken from a disc that has something to do with a release.. It sound like drum machine imo. And the quality is overall poor.. way to poor to be a version ready for mastering. This feel like a couple of years old demo recordings. I like it but I think (escpecially IRS) are far from finnished.

there's definitely a circle of people who have these cd's in their possession... one of them will eventually realize that these cd's are out there for a reason, and finally nut up and post the rest of better and TWAT. iit's inevitable, t's just a matter of who does it.

here's the thing, if axl is still in nyc this week, then today should be the day for an announcement. otherwise next week he'll be gone. i think if there's no news by this evening, someone should go ahead and post the rest of better. it could be a good way to get other people the nerves to post TWAT as well... if so, i say we'd all be happy.

but what do i know

there's definitely a circle of people who have these cd's in their possession... one of them will eventually realize that these cd's are out there for a reason, and finally nut up and post the rest of better and TWAT. iit's inevitable, t's just a matter of who does it.

here's the thing, if axl is still in nyc this week, then today should be the day for an announcement. otherwise next week he'll be gone. i think if there's no news by this evening, someone should go ahead and post the rest of better. it could be a good way to get other people the nerves to post TWAT as well... if so, i say we'd all be happy.

but what do i know

I hope your right.

I agree with you that we probably will hear more leaks. But I don't think the songs we got now is taken from a disc that has something to do with a release.. It sound like drum machine imo. And the quality is overall poor.. way to poor to be a version ready for mastering. This feel like a couple of years old demo recordings. I like it but I think (escpecially IRS) are far from finnished.

After paying more attention to the instruments, the drums do sound somewhat like a drum machine, but the quality is not bad at all. Especially on Better. I could see Better being ready for mastering.

After paying more attention to the instruments, the drums do sound somewhat like a drum machine, but the quality is not bad at all. Especially on Better. I could see Better being ready for mastering.

better starts off strong, but it's definitely a demo.

need to hear the whole thing probably to realize it.

The files we have may have gone through a conversion...or multiple conversions before getting to us. Some of the off sounds can be artifacts of conversion sometimes. I would expect that the first generation copy of the material we've heard sounds a lot better.

better starts off strong, but it's definitely a demo.

need to hear the whole thing probably to realize it.

Well I'm listening to Better right now and I think I agree. Demo, but great quality for a demo, but the drums do sound like a boneafide drum machine. They sound too simple to be a real drummer.

The files we have may have gone through a conversion...or multiple conversions before getting to us. Some of the off sounds can be artifacts of conversion sometimes. I would expect that the first generation copy of the material we've heard sounds a lot better.

you might be right. remember the original irs leak? those were almost definitely distorted on purpose. they didn't sound like a direct microphone recording at all.

here's the thing SOME people have more than 80 seconds of better. i can pretty much guarantee that. this 'demo cd' is in the hands of more than just one person. here's the catch though, the people who have it break down into the following groups:

a) random people/industry insiders/gnr fans who dont post on boards. the problem with them is they will share it with their friensd, but no way will they think of going to a forum like this to post the songs. so you have that group.

b)hardcore gnr fans/collectors who are very protective over stuff like this, and don't want everyone to have it because then it is no longer special for them to have it. i don't like these people. but there are a lot of them, more than you might think.

c) then there's the occasional gnr fan who somehow gets a copy, either through a friend or a connection who has some- if not all- of the songs. they are the ones who would be tempted to come to a forum such as this to post it, however they are also nervous about doing so because they hear that merck and gnr don't want it. they mean well, but are conflicted/nervous/scared/etc... but should they leak the songs?

the thing that we have to look at is how this demo cd was originally distributed. it may have been random, stolen by someone, but why does it come out now? coincidence?

most likely it was leaked on purpose to get some interest in the music. just a couple demos, nothing too harmful, distributed to a few people, and bam it will become the talk of the town very shortly. hell, howard stern played a song already! why the other songs have not made it online is just because the people who have them are scared, or want to wait for axl. it's only a matter of time before they realize that there's no harm if the songs are released. merck and co have to know the songs will come out eventually.

more people have copies of the cd than you would think, and one of them will soon post what they have. and the promo will be good, the songs are good. and we will rejoice. it's just a matter of who will come out and do it...

anyway, this is getting long, so i'll end. it's just my take, but what do i know...

Keep in mind that Brain scratches and dj's so it's more than likely that CD will contain samples of beats, etc along side real drums. IRS obviously is a combination of sampled/drum machines and real drums. Who knows what the final tracks will have..?