If you could have anyone take Buckethead's place on tour, who would it be?

PurpleHaze

I'd probably have Steve Vai as he'd be able to play all Bucket's parts and I love his sound even though it isn't necessarily a GnR like sound.

If I was going for a rougher more old school GnR sound then probably Zakk Wylde.

Thoughts?

Edited by PurpleHaze

Not sure...I would have to say no way on Vai...I think we need someone with more sloppy blues influence from Page (Like Slash has) this would add nice grit and emotion....(just an opinion) Still, I don't have a name coming to me right now either. But hell, I think 3 guitarists are too much anyways...hell usually two guitarists are too much especially with keyboards running in there as well, why load up more guitars...Actually I don't hear three seperate guitar parts being played at the same time on the current stuff either.....hmmm

Maybe Joe Perry can lend some time to the cause :-)

Steve Vai could handle it, but isn't he pushing 50yrs of age, maybe older? Would Axl go that direction, or get a younger guy/unknown who could play like crazy?

OR, would Axl just go with Finck and Fortus?

It should be interesting.

okey.. My favorite guitar virtous is whitout doubt Mattias IA Eklund - famous from Freak guitar and Freak Kitchen. Totally amazing. bumblefoot is also a great choice.

more oldschool you say? I happen to like Kirk Hammet actually - I think his underrated. Tom Morello is always a great choice (maybe he's not so old school but anyway). As well as Brain May. :rolleyes: the best ever.