How good of a guitarist are you?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest zipgunboogie

its hard to rate yourself because in rock n roll it doesnt really matter how technical or how fast or slow you play. but if you can come up w/ songs and riffs that people like. some of the most memorable riffs are so easey like smoke on the water. maybe the most recognized song and its quite easey. but i rate myself in three ways.

can i play technical like Via or Malmsteen ----yes

can i play any type of music -------yes

do people like what i play------yes

its hard to rate yourself because in rock n roll it doesnt really matter how technical or how fast or slow you play. but if you can come up w/ songs and riffs that people like. some of the most memorable riffs are so easey like smoke on the water. maybe the most recognized song and its quite easey. but i rate myself in three ways.

Wow,

I always admire females with that ability

....not in some sick sexual manner

Guest zipgunboogie

Wow,

I always admire females with that ability

....not in some sick sexual manner

well thankyou

i would give my self a 10 also. 1 b/c of my age i can play compleate songs such as scom, whole lotta love whcih isnt really hard, black dog....and so fourth. but im learning hot for teacher by an halen and shit its hard. by the way i just turned 16

Edited by zrose27

i would give my self a 10 also. 1 b/c of my age i can play compleate songs such as scom, whole lotta love whcih isnt really hard, black dog....and so fourth. but im learning hot for teacher by an halen and shit its hard. by the way i just turned 16

I'm 16 and I can play anything. :)

So then you guys are saying that you would put yourselves in the same league as say... Vai or Malmsteen?

So then you guys are saying that you would put yourselves in the same league as say... Vai or Malmsteen?

Yeah it seems kinda arrogant to rate yourself as a ten IMO. I wouldn't even rate Vai or Malmsteen or anyone for that matter as a 10.. because you can always become better, and invent a new way to do something or whatever.

For myself.. I'd put 7.8 highest; I can play most things, just my theory knowledge is worthless compared to some people's. I learn things from listening to it, and then playing it, and yeah.. And GnR songs aren't hard to play if people think so... The highest IMO anyone on this board should be rated is around 8ish.