What would you fix on the demos?

OTHAFA

This is all assuming (and hoping) the leaked versions are not the final ones..

IRS - I'm hopeful the drum machine will be gone by the time the song is finalized. Howard Stern was right that Axl's voice seems to be pushed back a bit, it's hard to make out a lot of the words he's saying. The mixing on both songs is really horrible, but then again it is just a demo. Also the power chords are really rather basic stuff that any band on the radio is using right now, better guitar playing could push this from an average song to a great song.

Better - Put a Sweet Child O'Mine-esque guitar riff at the beginning, not saying it has to be as good as SCOM, but a little riff there in place of the retarded ass electronic shit would be killer. Also, the riff after the intro and while Axl is singing is about as generic of guitar playing as you can possibly get. Hopefully they fix that.. Axl's voice sounds great on this track though.

IRS needs to be mixed (or remixed or whatever)... I think the drum machine is fine...

Better? The intro was strange the first time I heard it, but now I LOVE it. I don't want another guitar solo. I love it the way it is. (well maybe if it was some mind blowing solo, but I doubt it, I'm really digging Better)

haven't heard Better

I.R.S. - I'm not entirely opposed to the drum machine, but it's just not something you would ever find in old gnr intro's. Brian is a very talented drummer from what I can tell, let him do something else in the beginning. Axl can still wail, but unlike the old stuff again, some of the vocals are near inaudible. That is something that will almost certainly be cleaned up for an album cut though.

Better is fine, I love it.

IRS, I just find it too simplistic for my taste. The lyrics are good, but the music that accompanies it sounds like they were just strumming chords to go with it. Not really any melody throughout, like you said if this is included it could push it from a good song to a great song.