Leaks = Bad Reputation for MyGnR?

Binge_And_Slash

As far as I'm aware, the leaks are mainly debuting on here.

Could this be giving MyGnR a bad rep from the Guns camp point of view?

I mean, Merck knows what Madison does on this forum, could this prevent us getting the information that he gives?

Axl obviously would get pissed over this, althought a majority of members here will still buy singles/CD regardless, a minority will not, they'll download. And although the moderators and admins are doing their best to cease mention of the leaks and the links, some are still getting through, the damage is being done, this is surely not a good thing for the Guns camp.

Just something to think over.

The only thing we can do is not download it, every guns fan should buy the fuckin albums and singles and not download them! this place is overrun with 'noobs' just wanting the new songs and then pissing off.....im not saying that im not a noob, but i think the only way to stop it spreading more on this place....is to stop any new members for a few days, maybe even a week or two (if that can even be done)

First of all there's nothing they can do to the forum anyways.

Next who gives a shit what Merck thinks of the forum? He doesn't post here.

Third, do you realize how many people joined MyGN'R because of the leaks here? It's only adding to it's popularity and it's members.

"Any publicity is good publicity."

The latest leak was not posted here!!!!!

We notified Merck as soon as the first two tracks leaked and removed them as soon as he asked us to. And we have not permitted any leaked tracks to be posted here since.

Like I said they are mainly debuting, not all of them.

And althought you and eric are trying your best to prevent leaks, some links are still creeping through (albeit they are taken down later)

I'm not against this forum in anyway, otherwise I wouldn't be a supporter, but I'm just saying with the leaks coming and going, this could make MyGnR (among other forums that also share leaks) come across in a bad light.

The leaks were intentional. Axl spoke of 2 of the very songs that were leaked, all within about a week's time. This only promotes the sale of the album since they aren't actually CD quality songs. Its an advertising ploy to generate interest, news articles, radio news, hype, etc...and its working. People are psyched. I'm going to buy a half-dozend copies the day it comes out.

why would you run to Merck and tell him that tracks were leaked right away? that makes no sense. make him come to you and explain what happened. if they cared so much about these tracks getting out, they'd make a statement.

you going to them right away takes away any chance of getting info out of them.

Still unclear why we fear Merck like the great and powerful Oz.

I could see taking the tracks down if he sought you out and asked. But why run to him like that?

Let me put it this way. Where is the upside of it?? What has this, loyaltyy I guess you'd call it, ever gotten us??

I'm sorry if this is out of line, but I am simply asking because I do not know.

And once again, as I've said time and again, we are not fans. We are fanatics. There IS a difference. If you download the song now, but have every intetnion of buying the CD, where's the harm??

Edited by D-GenerationX

This Forum is getting mentioned in the Next "Behind the Music: Chinese Democracy" on VH1

:blink:

Feck, I never thought of anything like that. The digital age is so more willing to embrace stuff like this. Can you imagine having a post of yours one below a post they featured on that show?

:drevil:

Wow, this is more mindblowingly big than I ever thought possible!