Leaks = Bad Reputation for MyGnR?

Binge_And_Slash

i thinks axl and merck would be more pissed if we DIDN'T download them.

what kind of message would that send? it would clearly say "we don't care about your new shit"

yeah mann. It's better that we all talk about them and like them.. than if they were released and like.. oh it's shit, don't download this crap its a waste of hard drive.

I love how half the people who have popped up suddenly joined in early April of 2005.

The majority of them have like 9 posts

And now there back...

hmmm

People like me dont post all that often, Ive been checking this forum almost daily for close to 1.5-2 years.

As far as I'm aware, the leaks are mainly debuting on here.

Could this be giving MyGnR a bad rep from the Guns camp point of view?

I mean, Merck knows what Madison does on this forum, could this prevent us getting the information that he gives?

Axl obviously would get pissed over this, althought a majority of members here will still buy singles/CD regardless, a minority will not, they'll download. And although the moderators and admins are doing their best to cease mention of the leaks and the links, some are still getting through, the damage is being done, this is surely not a good thing for the Guns camp.

Just something to think over.

Very interesting post B&S. I agree and disagree though. It could give MYGNR a bad reputation but as some people have stated perhaps the songs were leaked on purpose which would make the forum even more respected than it was before due to the amount of positive reactions the songs received. You never know but maybe Axl needed just one more sign to see if the album would become a huge success, MYGNR could of been the final nail released from the box containing CD

First of all there's nothing they can do to the forum anyways.

Next who gives a shit what Merck thinks of the forum? He doesn't post here.

Third, do you realize how many people joined MyGN'R because of the leaks here? It's only adding to it's popularity and it's members.

"Any publicity is good publicity."

Im not going to lie, I registered here when I first heard of the leaked songs. I read the article about it on Blabbermouth and it credited this site with the info, so I joined. I came here to hear the new music but I have been reading through this site and its great, one of the better band forums ive been on.

So yes, I came here like alot of the others looking for the new music and info, but I will be staying and posting because this is a great site.

A bad reputation towards whom?

Fans? No

Axl & the management? Probably

Were the fans there since ... let's say 2003? yeah

Were Axl & the management? No...

Music is one thing, business another. I care about the music. Bad reputations about business stuff? Noone should care