A question that's been rolling around my mind since the leaks.

G n F n R

Even by the general concensus on the forum, Silkworms and Rhiad have been 'written off' as songs that are not up to Uncle Ax's normal calibre. Many didn't like I.R.S, and changed their opinion from the leak, I've even heard of a few people who liked the first and not the leak (wierd, but they prefered that wierdo distorted sound).

I sure as hell do! The distorted sound rocked! Maybe Axl found the new way to revolutionize music! rock1 rock2

TWAT, Better, IRS, The Blues, Madagascar and CD all live up to the GNR name in my opinion. I think it is up to what the other songs on the album are like - if these tracks are the best on the album then I will have to say I will be a bit dissapointed. If however, they are supporting tracks then that will make CD one of the best albums ever made. I think that people really need to wait until the album is released before judging anyone.

If those songs are not on the album there will be a good reason, most likely being the rest of the tracks are better :P I don't think we will be dissapointed. If the greatest hits shifted 2 million from people who didn't get AFD and the UYI's, then CD should be massive.

The general consensus seems to be:

IRS - Good rocker (axl vocals need to be pushed forward into the mix more)

Better - Good/Great rocker (the intro needs to be tweaked around)

There Was a Time - Great Epic (feels a bit unfinished, but has a lot of potential.

The Blues - Great Ballad (havent really heard any criticism or bits that need improving)

Madagascar - Great Epic (needs tweaking and some people are unsure of the quotes)

Personally put of the new these i would consider the blues, madagascar and there was a time to be "Big Guns", and after listening to early demos of tracks like November Rain and Estranged it is quite clear to draw some similarites between them and these new demos.

I want to hold CD in my hand, not just to see it on my computer screen.

Agreed, I want to see the finished product and have the satisfaction of holding it in my hands

I have downloaded lot's of songs off the internet, and then went right out a week later and bought them (the CD)

when there is something out there that you love that much, you need to grab a piece of anything that has to do with it

Edited by lite_sneeze