Do you think Slash & Co regret leaving

Axl-rocks

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still haven't listened to the demos...

Do you really think that Slash could not play on them ? :(

He definately could, but his parts would only be as good and important as Dizzy Reed's parts in songs like It's so Easy or Nighttrain.

Edited by da_illest_in_402

do bears shit in the woods?

Ive never seen one shitting in the woods to be honest

Anyway,

I do agree that i could see Slash playing on the Blues, however he'd probably take over the song a little more than Richards does, specifically on the outro, it leaves it kind of understated whereas Slash would take over a bit and therefore change the direction of the song which has ultimately been Axl's choice, so i doubt they reject leaving as they could not have worked on this material together in my opinion. If Slash wants to he can play any style, but its a matter of if he would have wanted to

Im sure Axl has at times been envious of the other guys, while he is at home, having to rebuild from scratch the other guys have been touring and releasing records (whether you like the records released by them or not).

However both parties now seem to have no major regrets/bitternees about the situation which is healthy

Edited by JAC185

well i jus read sumwhere tat axl said stuff like'i love that guy..slash is a gr8 guy..' stuff like tat...cant u see traces of him..regrettin their break up?

A word of advice, try not to type in text talk, im a kid and i manage not to, it makes it harder to read and makes me doubt the intellectual capacity of the writer

And yes Slash did say that, thats what i was referring to about them seeming to not be bitter about the breakup, i think it means the opposite to you, I dont think Axl meant he regretted breaking up it sounded more like he meant he was finally over it

i doubt they would regret leaving. the reason they left was because they didn't like the direction musically that axl was taking with the band. they want to play music like they are in vr and izzy is on his solo stuff. they are happy with the music they are making and axl is happy making his.

what Slash may say is something to the effect of:

'He didn't need to get rid of the whole band to do this...we could have done this with him'

That's the really unique thing about this entire situation..

When grunge was popular, Axl wanted to do a grunge record. When industrial music hit the scene, Axl wanted to do an industrial record..

From what we've heard,.. the new material is not a noticeable departure from the original bands sound.

It's all the more heartbreaking for the fans,.. considering we know Axl could have made this album with the original guys,.. it was just the collective ego on everyone's part that ruined those chances.

More than a decade for an album that sounds like Use Your Illusion?

So many years have been lost.. and, I believe that when Chinese Democracy hits -- they'll all realize this.

-Kickingthehabit

No. Slash loves playing, and three leaked demo songs doesn't change the fact that GnR's has only had one brief, ill-fated tour for the best part of ten years and released precious little material.

Just like I'm sure Buckethead doesn't regret leaving. That guy is a workaholic.

That said, I'm sure Slash does feel sad about how things ended with Guns. He obviously loved the band.

'He didn't need to get rid of the whole band to do this...we could have done this with him'

When grunge was popular, Axl wanted to do a grunge record. When industrial music hit the scene, Axl wanted to do an industrial record..

From what we've heard,.. the new material is not a noticeable departure from the original bands sound.

It's all the more heartbreaking for the fans,.. considering we know Axl could have made this album with the original guys,.. it was just the collective ego on everyone's part that ruined those chances.

So many years have been lost.. and, I believe that when Chinese Democracy hits -- they'll all realize this.

-Kickingthehabit

Great post, couldn't have said it better myself. After all those trends came and went, Axl is cutting an album with certain key tracks that are very illlusion era in style....The old band would have played the hell out of them.

-Kickingthehabit

Great post, couldn't have said it better myself. After all those trends came and went, Axl is cutting an album with certain key tracks that are very illlusion era in style....The old band would have played the hell out of them.

agreed great post, both of you.