Do you think Slash & Co regret leaving

Axl-rocks

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GnR turn up to the first festival show and new GnR take the stage and belt through Paradise City.

then Axl says "We have a couple of special guests here tonight". Out come Slash, Izzy, Matt et. al.

They run through some classic AFD and maybe some UYI stuff.

Then Axl says "All right - who wants to hear what we've been doing for the last 10 years"

The crowd cheers. Axl says "Let's have a round of applause for our special guests". Slash and co. leave the stage.

New GnR cut into the new Chi Dem material.

It would allow the band to "bridge the gap" between old GnR and new GnR but does not require the reformation of the old band and sacrifice of the new band.

Far fetched? Sure. But it's a way that allows Slash to play with the band, as per Hallfin (sp?) and it does not require the destruction of New GnR and re-recording of all their material etc.

Wake up dude <_<

Grimo.

Who need old gnr anyway,or you are stucked in past. :shocked:

Nope - I'm 100% stuck in the now. I'm just trying to figure out a logical way for the "original GnR lineup" (as per the original rumour) to play together but without killing the new band.

New GnR is great by me.

GRIMO - I'm awake, though it is early. Like I said in the OP - it's Far Fetched. I'm not trying to suggest that this WILL happen.

However - did Van Halen not do something similar?

Edited by Howard2k

No i don`t think Slash and Duff regret leaving Gn`r..I`m sure they wanted to stay and wanted things to work out in the band..I`m actually surprised that Duff stayed in the band for as long as he did.

Slash and Duff wouldn`t leave Velvet Revolver for Gn`r if they got the opportunity,they`re happy with what they got going on now,i`m sure..

Maybe for one show or two but no quit VR..

Edited by J.T

Who need old gnr anyway,or you are stucked in past. :shocked:

Actually, that would be stuck in the past.

Why does everyone assume that anyone who would rather see the true GnR band vs Axl new project must be stuck in the past? How can all these people claim they love Axl's "new" sound know what Axl's "new" sound is since little or nothing has been formally released? Demos are rarely a reflection of what is released.

If he still is stuck in industrial mode, I'd go as far as to say that it is Axl that is stuck in the past. Industrial music had it's time and is more or less dead with a few exceptions and little or no new musicians coming out.

I choose to defend the real GnR (not old, because nuGnR isn't GnR despite the name) because they played with passion and they put out music that I could relate to at that point in my life. I idolize Slash, yet I only think VR is ok. I will judge Axl's music on it's merits, not whether I like Axl Rose or not.

If Axl releases music (IF) and I can relate to it and it has the passion and energy that they had, I will buy the Axl Rose Project album and I will enjoy it. Honestly, I will probably buy it anyway just out of curiosity (as I did with VR). They are all talented in their own ways and make decent music on their own, but together, it was magic. Maybe their time has passed and they wouldn't make the same passionate music they made years ago even if they were back together...nobody knows for sure. I don't think it makes me stuck in the past because I would love to find out if the magic is still there. There will never be another AFD or UYI, but maybe there will be something with a different edge that is great in it's own way.

Edited by hartjh14

I dont like Slash back with Axl, why?

1) Because get Slash back with Axl would be to betray Finck, he won his place on Gnr, he deserves his places, on the band

2) If slash is back we are in risk of this band die forever!

My point is not to be anachronist, we have a new time and we cant be hopping Slash back, when Finck has done a very good job.

Dont mind on my english, i tried to writte it well...

Ralebava

Venezuela

I dont like Slash back with Axl, why?

1) Because get Slash back with Axl would be to betray Finck, he won his place on Gnr, he deserves his places, on the band

2) If slash is back we are in risk of this band die forever!

My point is not to be anachronist, we have a new time and we cant be hopping Slash back, when Finck has done a very good job.

Dont mind on my english, i tried to writte it well...

Ralebava

Venezuela

1) yeah, Finck would feel like shit...after all that work....he would be disapointed.

2) we're in risk of new GNR (without a third guitarist) getting an old guitarist in there.....the band won't die....

i wouldn't like Slash back now either, as the last 12 yrs would be considered a waste of time, but I would like to see a reunion gig in about 5 years' time....the old lineup bashing it out, with a joint Aerosmith Tour...that would rock.

I think I'm one of the few on this board who really likes VR, and that's the main reason I don't really want Slash to join GN'R again now. Maybe in a few years with the other guys, but not now. Let GN'R's current guitarists have their chance to present what they've worked on and been involved with for the past few years.

It's amusing that everyone is thinking that Slash may actually come back at this time. I don't see it happening right now. Axl has worked too long on this album with his "new" band to accept Slash back into the fold after so long. I'm not saying it will never happen, but I think if Slash comes back, so does Duff and probably Matt. After all, there wouldn't be much point in keeping Velvet Revolver going without Slash. And let's play devil's advocate and say that Axl and Slash are actually working together at this time. If this were really happening, my feeling is that Axl would probably scrap the entire Chinese Democracy project and begin new work with Slash. Unless of course Slash comes back just for a few shows, which would actually be a good PR move for both GNR and VR. If that were the case, if Slash just appeared as a guest guitarist, than I don't see any reason why the rest of GNR would get upset.

I see your point, but I think from GN'R's current guitarists standpoint I'm sure they don't want it to seem like they need Slash as a crutch to be successful this time around. As big and successful as the GN'R name is, I'm sure these guys want to try and prove themselves worthy of the name before even having to call Slash back for just a few gigs. What do you think?

well.. i dont see slash back in gnr in any way..

and the LEAST possible thing is he is going back for a few shows as backup-player..no fucking way he would even consider that! its all in, and out with finck/fortus or its nothing..

but i dont see any of them happen

I don't really want Slash to join GN'R again now. Maybe in a few years with the other guys, but not now.

In a few years, these guys will be too old, and nobody will give a shit about a GN'R reunion.

I disagree. You really think that all the people on these boards won't give a shit? We all seem to give a shit about an album that may or may not come out, and about a band that comes out of hiding once every few years. If something close to the original lineup was to do something I really think it would cause a stir, whether it be now or a few years down the line.

The difference between slash and axl is this.

People like slash. They see him as someone who has an untarnished record. No-one in the musical community disses slash. All the comments regarding the latest in GNR events has seen some comment about slash, about how "it's not GNR without slash" this n that. Quite frankly I dont care. I want axl to do what he wants. He deserves to, BUT the thing is that the general public still sees slash as an irreplaceble member of GNR. Thats where the cynacism for the NEW Gnr comes from. Also the change in musical direction is another big factor. Bringing slash back into the equation as either a band member (not gonna happen) or even a guest (may i go out on a limb and say possible?) will totally change the publics perspective on GNR.

I quite honestly think that slash is perfectly willing to play with axl. He's already said multiple times he hopes axl can get it out, and he is looking forward to hearing it. But the thing is that slash doesn't want a professional relationship with axl again. He would jam, play some live shows, I dont know, but he wouldn't join the new gnr.

The one thing that is the most niave / stupid / I WANNA KILL ANYONE WHO SUGGESTS THIS!!!!! is those who are saying that its unfair to the new gnr members for slash to come back. This is outrageous. Not only are these members just hired guns, but they have nothing to do with guns n roses apart from being paid money every few years that axl wants to play a festival. Slash is the one who made the riffs, started it all alongside axl. To deny the reunion of these two prolific members of the original GNR the chance to play together in any context is absurd.

If Axl and slash were to announce they were gonna play together in any context, Id spend thousands of dollars to see it.

Fly overseas, the whole kit and kaboodle

Edited by gnrlies

I don't really want Slash to join GN'R again now. Maybe in a few years with the other guys, but not now.

In a few years, these guys will be too old, and nobody will give a shit about a GN'R reunion.

Tell that to the Stones, Pink Floyd and The Who.