What influences can you hear?

lawrence

as the title says- give influences'wether in style or sound

i aint made my mind up yet' have you?

one thing i will say is the intro to better seems very dance related'

if this song is a single i can guarantee as a fan of dance music' this sample will end up in a dance tune' wether its a commercial tune' or an underground drum & bass track

i know these things' :)

nurpskelhorrorwalk0ns.gif

lawrence16lk.jpg

Edited by lawrence

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not too sure. Better remindes me of a modern song. Like QOTSA or something but less grungy. TWAT is just...wow. What an outro! It sounds like a song that's on Snatch (Where micky knocks the boxer out at the end...if anyone knows lol) But yeah. They're both sounding pretty awsome! T.W.A.T is great

I'm not too sure. Better remindes me of a modern song. Like QOTSA or something but less grungy. TWAT is just...wow. What an outro! It sounds like a song that's on Snatch (Where micky knocks the boxer out at the end...if anyone knows lol) But yeah. They're both sounding pretty awsome! T.W.A.T is great

yeah, i know what you mean

snatch is a great film, btw :D

i think the intro to Better sounds more oriental than dance, but meh...

yeah, i know what you mean

snatch is a great film, btw :D

i think the intro to Better sounds more oriental than dance, but meh...

Haha great. At least someone knows what i mean!! :D

The beginning of Better reminded me of Linkin Park, too... interesting that some other people have also felt the same way.

I've watched and loved Snatch - can anyone just say Irish Gypsy love? :P

But TWAT seems to be a bit too heavy for that movie, which I always thought had that twisted British whimsy to it...

Better - I like Axl voice after the Baby's whisperin' intro...It sounds like real Axl! ;) ....and I like the melody too!

Twat - to much complex (not relaxed melody) and I don't like that...and I thougt that TWAT will be his trophy but it looks like it won't be afterall...and there's a a deep connection with Estranged in some part (2.30)...and well...I don't like the melody...It's so fucked up...it's ripping my head off! "to much complex"...but the "estranged part is nice" :)

Twat - to much complex (not relaxed melody) and I don't like that...and I thougt that TWAT will be his trophy but it looks like it won't be afterall...and there's a a deep connection with Estranged in some part (2.30)...and well...I don't like the melody...It's so fucked up...it's ripping my head off! "to much complex"...but the "estranged part is nice" :)

yea i agree. i love the song. The build up with the lyrics is amazing and then it stops for like a lower chorus that doesnt seem to be going anywhere like Oh My God but yet the ending is perfect.

It fucking great and it reminds me of GUNS N' ROSES.

The thing I was most afraid of was that Axl didn't sound like axl anymore, but nothing is less true.....

He still sounds the same.

Guitar sounds very good as well.

Rock on!!!

mr.Q

It fucking great and it reminds me of GUNS N' ROSES.

The thing I was most afraid of was that Axl didn't sound like axl anymore, but nothing is less true.....

He still sounds the same.

Guitar sounds very good as well.

Rock on!!!

mr.Q

i agree my wife said you could tell his voice a mile off

er1001sidvicious12fy.jpg

I just see Guns N' Roses in these songs. It's all about Axl ain't it. He's all over these songs. I feel that they are given room to breath aswell which I love. It sucks having layer upon layer of music. Axl's voice is buried in IRS but it works really well.

It sounds like Finck singing along with Axl at the end of TWAT. The outro of that song is emmense I cannot wait for the album. I know this is going to be huge.