What influences can you hear?

lawrence

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There isn't much to say about the direction Axl has taken GNR. It's a simple concept no one in music business has ever attempted too. Take all background musical styles, mix them together.................the final product simply Amazing! ( I can hear it in this Demos)

And who ells can do it better? only brilliant musicians like Axl Rose!

Edited by Funeral

If you listen to the guitar riff in the chorus of "I.R.S.", how can you not be reminded of Tomy Iommi? This is straight out of the "War Pig -era" days. Classic Iommi feel.

I do hear Queen a little in "T.W.A.T", melodically, Elton flow to it, very 70's inspired, a lot of this is, but brought to modern day in Axl form.

Exciting days my friends, eat, drink and be merry!

I just see Guns N' Roses in these songs. It's all about Axl ain't it. He's all over these songs. I feel that they are given room to breath aswell which I love. It sucks having layer upon layer of music. Axl's voice is buried in IRS but it works really well.

It sounds like Finck singing along with Axl at the end of TWAT. The outro of that song is emmense I cannot wait for the album. I know this is going to be huge.

yea man, i tell you what I always thought axl could still sing and that the tour stuff being a bit weak was just cus it was live, the main thing i was worried about was going to be the guitaring and solos but that solo at the end of "There was a Time" (i dont call it twat as in england it means something else:) ) is amazing, is that buckethead? or finck? it really is talking guitar that.

it's just another simple question for you...

Well...I don't hear anything like "I want to Ride my Bicycle"..."I want to break free"..."Living on my own" and music like THIS! <_< ...SO WHERE THE FUCK ARE SOME QUEEN SIMILARITIES??? :huh:

All I can hear is just some hardly screaming voice and strange COMPLEX melody...so complicated that you almost need a CALCULATOR by your ear while listening to TWAT :lol::lol::lol:

But anyway it's still better this than nothing and it shows that guys were really doing on something those past years and that they were really faithful to the mystery and still they are! ;)rock3

everyone seems happy with the new songs so far :)

i aint heard anyone say they dont like em yet :book:

Very happy I am with IRS, this song realy sounds great and reminds me most of Guns n' Roses.

TWAT and Better are good songs but ...... I don't know sounds like GNR, but not the old GNR

hopefully the CD has more songs like IRS.

mr.Q

Edited by mr.Q