What influences can you hear?

lawrence

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I notice a heavy deftones influence in the guitar sound to Better.

Yes, Deftones definitely was the first thing to come to mind for me. Kind of reminds me of Be Quiet And Drive.

TWAT has some Beatles thing going on in the middle, and the ending brings to mind Locomotive

I can't get over how amazing TWAT is

Yes, Deftones definitely was the first thing to come to mind for me. Kind of reminds me of Be Quiet And Drive.

TWAT has some Beatles thing going on in the middle, and the ending brings to mind Locomotive

but the chorus needs work......doesn't go anywhere..... but this demo could be version 55 of 147....who knows

Edited by Dont Try Me

MINNESOTA RADIO KICKS ASS.

to bad this 93x has nothing on KQ92.........

This song just gets better and better the more I listen to it

hmmm.....it's hard to pick out a precise influence. As I've said before ALL of the songs sound like a hodge podge of different sounds and influences.

TWAT in particular is very challenging which I like. The songs arrangement is kinda like math rock.

Edited by Jabberwocky

I'm not too sure. Better remindes me of a modern song. Like QOTSA or something but less grungy. TWAT is just...wow. What an outro! It sounds like a song that's on Snatch (Where micky knocks the boxer out at the end...if anyone knows lol) But yeah. They're both sounding pretty awsome! T.W.A.T is great

that song is called Fuckin' In the Bushes by Oasis, good song and Axl is friends with Oasis so could be he got some influence there.

I cant believe no one is saying how the guitar workon "Better" is exactly the same style Korn is using. Why do you think he would go to another bands party. You dont see Bill Gates going to Steve Jobs partys. It was out of admiration. . .I dont even like Korn and I hear the same sort of heavy melodic guitar tricks.

I.R.S. sounds like Led Zeppelin.^_^

I can't believe that no one else has been saying this. The intro and 'What could I do...' parts are full on Zeppelin/Plant.

it's just another simple question for you...

Well...I don't hear anything like "I want to Ride my Bicycle"..."I want to break free"..."Living on my own" and music like THIS! <_< ...SO WHERE THE FUCK ARE SOME QUEEN SIMILARITIES??? :huh:

All I can hear is just some hardly screaming voice and strange COMPLEX melody...so complicated that you almost need a CALCULATOR by your ear while listening to TWAT

But anyway it's still better this than nothing and it shows that guys were really doing on something those past years and that they were really faithful to the mystery and still they are! ;)rock3

I think he meant the Queen similarities are in the arrangements. Meaning that they're not your typical - Verse - Chorus - Verse - Chorus - Solo - Chorus - Outro - type songs. Not necessarily the music itself.

Definately Deftones sounding rhythm guitar in 'Better'.

and the ending brings to mind Locomotive

I didn't listen to the demos, but I'll give you my opinion anyway.

Locomotive is one of these underrated songs that would deserve more attention : the end of the song is fantastic and proves that the old band was able to play different styles. If TWAT sounds like Locomotive, then it's a great song.

About IRS and Better, I will only say this : they would sound better with Mr Slash's guitar.

i like these songs' but the people on my bike forum dont' they are very dissapointed' ive told them they're only demos, but they wreckon slash must be laughing his ass off

Sorry Lawrence -but FUCK your bike forum -what would Slash have to laugh over??? -V.R. doesn't have SHIT on the new Guns and you know it.I'm not blaming you,but it seems like people that haven't been in the loop w/ what's going on w/ Guns over the past several years have this nasty habit of automatically siding w/ the old members and totally dissing Axl as a joke because he has a completely new band,it's taken so long for the record to come out,etc.etc.........i really don't understand it -listen to the music and judge -do you mean to tell me that V.R. sounds better than "I.R.S.","T.W.A.T." or "Better"?????????????? I guess it's a matter of opinion,but it think that some motherfuckers need to have their ears cleaned because to me it's no contest.I can't think of a single V.R. song that compares to any of the aforementioned songs.It's your bike forum that i'm "laughing my ass off over".......................