All the new songs we've heard so far?

JAC185

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I would be very happy, not because of the songs on the CD but by the fact that once the album is released GNR would normaly go on a world tour. And I would love to see them live again.

Also the release means a sign of life and might be followed soon by a another cd (with unknown songs).

mr.Q

Yeah I would be very happy, not because of the songs on the CD but by the fact that once the album is released GNR would normaly go on a world tour. And I would love to see them live again.

Also the release means a sign of life and might be followed soon by a another cd (with unknown songs).

mr.Q

I woudln't bet on it (a world tour) this is GnR your talking about. They may appear, they may not. CD could be released and that could be the end of it. GnR live would be good though :)

We've heard 9 songs yes...8 are possibilities...but we've only heard DEMOS and LIVE renditions of the songs...remember Original masters are MOST LIKELY going to be allmighty compared to the live versions of the songs WITH the new orchestral accompanyment to them...the demos are most likely going to sound pretty similar to the masters but hey ya never know...IMO it will still rock and plus he has a 3 cd contract and apparently CD will be a 13track cd so there will be more songs on the other cds...

:krider:

Edited by bucket13

Bucket and Slash are really on the same level for me, but I don't know enough Fortus to compare him. I don't know who is soloing on TWAT, but it's a good solo. Finck makes a lot of mistakes live, but I've yet to hear him in the studio with a band that is as guitar heavy as GnR is, so I won't pass judgement on him.

I think (and very much hope) that these six will be on the album:
  1. The Blues
  2. Madagascar
  3. Chinese Democracy
  4. IRS
  5. Better
  6. There Was A Time

I wouldn't mind Rhiad or Oh My God either. Rhiad has some definite potential imo. Oh My God is already a pretty good track, but could use some work. Not sure if it would fit with the rest though. I don't give it a big chance to be on CD really. I'd hate to see Silkworms on it, as I think it stinks.

However, given all the rumoured track titles going around I'm not even sure the first six will make it. But like I said, I hope they will. A few of the biggest rumoured titles are The General and Prostitute. Given the buzz around them and the fact that at least one of them was supposedly on the Eddie Trunk demo I expect them to be on it as well. So far they were promoted as "big guns". And then there is the mistery track that Axl revealed to Madison in 2002 as the supposed first single. Eventhough I have no idea about the title, I do imagine Axl has a lot of faith in the song as it was at some point supposed to be a single.

As for the rest it's even wilder guesses then these. I believe Catcher in the Rye was at some point also listed as a very promising song, as was This I Love. No idea about the present status of either of those though.

This i love? was that the song that was going to be used in a robin williams film? At least that was the rumour, apparently they cut it out though :angry: stupid filmakers.

for all we know it could be axl in the TWAT solo, wouldn't that be amusing.

To be perfectly honest however, we don't know how old these demos are or when they were recorded, more than likely these recordings are at least 2-3 years old, somehow I think axl has finished the album now and thats why hes out and about more, slowly getting back into the public eye before a q2 release of the album.

Anyone reckon it will slaughter every other album in sight sales wise?

oh and to the OP question, yes these songs are some of the best guns n roses have ever produced.

Chinese Democracy seems to be what UYI 1 & 2 could of been if they made them a single album and cut out alot of the filler songs in there.

Edited by muttyhc

for all we know it could be axl in the TWAT solo, wouldn't that be amusing.

To be perfectly honest however, we don't know how old these demos are or when they were recorded, more than likely these recordings are at least 2-3 years old, somehow I think axl has finished the album now and thats why hes out and about more, slowly getting back into the public eye before a q2 release of the album.

Anyone reckon it will slaughter every other album in sight sales wise?

oh and to the OP question, yes these songs are some of the best guns n roses have ever produced.

Chinese Democracy seems to be what UYI 1 & 2 could of been if they made them a single album and cut out alot of the filler songs in there.

Agree fully there, these are amazing songs, and whats even more amazing is that these songs are demos, its just amazing

Why do we have more than one thread about this?

I think IRS is not that great of a song. It has potential, but admit it guys, it's utter shit compared to anything off AFD/ UYI. Mabye it's been tweaked more though since all we have is a demo.

On the other hand, I think Better is a BRILLIANT song and i've had it stuck in my head since the first time I heard it two days ago. I've got a good feeling about the album and I think it's going to hit #1.

If its ever released of course

*COUGHaxlreleasethemotherfuckingalbumrightnow!!!!!COUGH*

I'm completely satisfied with this 3 new songs!!!

I can't be more happy right now,i feel like i'd died and went to heaven..

I'ts a dream come true..

This songs are AWESOME!!

They are going to be big anthems in the future,

Axl lyrics can't be better..

He's the best!!!!

I'm more than exited!!! rock1 axl08.jpg

I'm more than satisfied!

Better and TWAT show an incredible musically evolution, the music is quite complex and sounds amazing

IRS shows Axl still knows how to rock

I hope for two things:

1) No more leaks. Three is enough

2) CD... soon not "soon"