All the new songs we've heard so far?

JAC185

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just one fix,then i'll quit....lol.......same thing here actually...i want the full version of Better...then I'm done...i just can't stand to listen to 2 minute clip of a song that seems to be a masterpiece....it's driving me crazy....:D

well...not really satisfied while comparing to VR...it's just the same shit for me! and thinking about spending 13 years and 13 million $ and more for the "greatest" Album of the all albums!

...but still thanx God there's not rap on it...yet!!!

...Axl could do this better...and I think he'll do it BETTER afterall!

Agreed.

Slither rocks way harder than IRS..

But,.. let's wait for the final album -- I'm sure both Axl and Velvet Revolver will have great albums.

-Kickingthehabit

Good question... I'd be hella-disapointed. The Blues and Madagascar sound really good, as does TWAT (getting lots of play on my iPOD). But, let's be real here...

Rhiad and Silk Worms blow- I can't imagine that they'd even make the final cut and be on it.

CD, I.R.S., and Oh My God are ok... maybe B- on my report card.

Better is hard to tell given the short demo, but I think what is out there is weak.

So if it was released with those songs, would it be better than the current music scene? Sure, but that's not saying much. It would be the worst GnR CD released, maybe a little better than Spaghetti Incident.

I'm cool with Axl going for a new sound, and my above critiques are what I think of those songs, but I honestly believe the album will cut some of the above and add some unknown great ones, but if those were the tracks released after 10 years, I'd be immensly disapointed.

Peace,

Screetch

Theoretically, a 13 track album could be released with:

The Blues

Rhiad

Madagascar

CD

IRS

Better

TWAT

And also possibly:

Oh My God

Silkworms

There seems to be a general consensus amongst the hardcore fans that Axl has absolute epics up his sleeve, my question is, were CD to be released with just thirteen tracks (7, perhaps even 9 of which we've already heard) would you be satisfied/disappointed:

A) With the quality

B ) With only a few unheard tracks being on the album?

I am impressed and with me being impressed has made my friends check it out as i am rarely impressed these days lol

But no IRS and better i like and i feel the final versions will be rocking

There was a Time i was thinking good good then it got goin an my was i am impressed the solo on it was brilliant and it was definatly a buckethead solo in my opinion

i had high expections after all this time about the album and with these demos and live versions of blues madagascar and chinese democracy i feel my rather high expections will be met when or if this album is released though i now believe it may only be a matter of time

there are to many happenings news rumours and what not for nothing to happen if it doesnt happen now it may never as the level of hype starting to surround these leaks may damage gnr permantly if nothing happens

But as i said am very impressed by the demos and am very hopeful that soon we will all will talking about how great the new G n R album is

Theres soo much fucking possibilities and the fact that the final cut will have 13 songs makes the decision worse...it could be down to CD vs IRS and Maddy vs T.W.A.T.

We may want the IRS and TWAT but thats because we've heard CD and Maddy over and over again...think f when you first heard those songs and how amazing they were...this is a big ass decision

....then again he does have 2 other cds he can put the others on lol

:krider:

I dont know why they just don't put like 15 songs on the cd. I'd like to hear the studio versions of songs like the blues and madagascar. Silkworms sucked and it seemed experimental so I doubt it will be on the cd. Oh my god was really already released so I don't think it would be rereleased anyway. I think the 2 new songs are really good. I wouldn't hold my breath for the follow up album even though it seems chinese democracy release is imminent it hasnt been. And if its a hit Axl might think he has to work on these other songs to make them great and if it tanks the oppposite. I think that its interesting that Axl was singing about Madagascar and Rhiad and the bedouins pre 9/11. No conspiracy theory just think its interesting.

Hmm... Just to finally have this thing in my hand will be satisfying enough to me!! And what I've heard thus far isn't disappointing. It's not overly earth-shattering either, but I'm alright with that. I would be satisfied that Axl has his creative balls rolling again and hopefully from here on out, progress will be made a bit more quickly :)

I'm not getting my hopes up TOO high, but I think the real thing will be better than expected.

Theoretically, a 13 track album could be released with:

The Blues

Rhiad

Madagascar

CD

IRS

Better

TWAT

And also possibly:

Oh My God

Silkworms

There seems to be a general consensus amongst the hardcore fans that Axl has absolute epics up his sleeve, my question is, were CD to be released with just thirteen tracks (7, perhaps even 9 of which we've already heard) would you be satisfied/disappointed:

A) With the quality

B ) With only a few unheard tracks being on the album?

well if it had all those songs it would be avg album, if it had

IRS

Better

TWAT

and the blues

and some different tracks it could be massive, i believe songs like Rhiad

Madagascar

CD don't belong on this great cd.

what ive heard of better aint that great...

i fuckin love irs personally...except for that part in the middle where its not quite a solo not anything really jus a break n that really shits me coz its a mad song imo...best solo out of all the songs so far...

twat is decent i guess...is it jus me or does the intros to better n twat sound bon jovi/motley crue-ish..?my mate actually said to me u go from a sweet child o mine or paradise city intro to this..?but thats only one part of a song n both songs definitely pick up from there...

twat solo imo is quite shit...boring guitar playing imo...could have been so much more fun n that like slash used to make em but thats jus me i guess...

im not disappointed in the songs at all they jus arent as awesome as i thought they would be when u all started goin on about em when i couldnt download em ;)

Listening to the 3 Demos, IRS, TWAT and Better, plus what we heard from the 2002 tour, The Blues, Madagascar, Chinese Democracy, etc.

These are all awesome songs and I don't think the CD is going to have any fillers.

From the start to the end it's going to filled with great music. The album is gonna be incredible rock3

What do you think.