All the new songs we've heard so far?

JAC185

OK This has probably been said but i've not gone through and ready every single topic/reply...

I love how the bridge/middle section of There Was A Time has (nearly) the exact same progression as the bridge/break from Estranged.

Its not a bad thing, i like it, it was nice to hear a touch of the old style in the song, i think for us old school fans it'll help make the new stuff more accessible.

As a result, i wasnt expecting much from Axl and the new band, but, i was very pleasently surprised. So i'm more than satisifed...i've been listening to the tracks a lot.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mean that I think IRS is a decent song. However, for an album with this much hype, a song of that caliber shouldn't make the cut. I'm fine with the song... its catchy, its got a decent beat to it... but I envision it more as a B-Side

All we need aew a few dirty rockers on there

brownstone and its so easy mark 2 rock1 rock1 rock1 rock1 rock1 rock1

Look buddy I hate to burst your bubble but its unlikely that Chi Dem is gonna be 'AFD 2'

And I say this as honestly as possible. I love "Chinese Democracy." I think it, cleaned up in the studio is the type of raw rock track the album needs. It needs more songs like that, and "Better" mixed in with the epics/ballads like "There Was A Time," "Madagascar," "The Blues" assuming they make the cut. I really like the five songs I just named... and I even think "Rhiad and the Bedouins" has potential, but I'm not gonna tell you I.R.S. is up to snuff with even those tracks, because its not. Maybe with some more powerful vocals, and stronger drumming its a bit better, its just too repeatitive for my tastes.

Yeah,i think this album is going to be Awesome...

I already told to my friends that this new cd is a time bomb,and it's going to explote really soon!!

The new songs are more than what i was expecting..

they are brilliant!!

I can' wait to hear This i love,i've been hearing about this song since 1993..

Axl's words about this song in that year were:

"I wrote and recorded a new love song that

i want on the next record called "This i love"

that's the heaviest thing that i've ever done"

Mmmmmmmmm interesting!!

I think this album is going to be amazing. All the songs we have heard so far are incredible and I can't wait until I hear CD. I am really looking forward to hearing studio versions of 'Better' and 'The Blues', that is going to be excellent. :)

yep you said it. :)

Guest Sweet_Emotion

i think its gonna be amazing! theres gonna be songs that some view as filler whereas others may think theyre the best on the album. it all depends on the person.

I think it's safe to say that it's going to kick the shit out of the 'Green Day's' and 'Nicklebacks'... LOL! - It's amazing. You can almost hear the non-believers back peddling. The demo's alone have put 'Contraband' to shame. - :ph34r:

So far, it's looking good - I've found something to appreciate in all of the songs (save for Silkworms, but that's not even going to show up on the record anyway), so the filler ratio should be quite low.

Oddly enough, the only song that I feel is even close to filler is the song Chinese Democracy itself... Still a good song, but just the weakest of the new cuts. Songs like OMG and Rhiad are more aggressive and musically interesting by comparison.

But you're right Crackers, everyone has a different definition of filler. I feel that the majority of UYI I is comprised of generic filler rock songs, but others (most fans, actually) really dig the album. *shrug*

So it'll always be subjective.

Edited by EccoTides

Does anybody else think there's definitely room for another Rocket Queen type song on the album. I'm sure Axl is capable of writing something like that still. IMO, it's the best GNR song and it's pretty much one of it's kind. I'd like to see something like that as the hard rock on the album, i.e. something that relies on Axl's melodies, because, w/o Izzy and Slash, I don't think the new GNR can write a decent rocker like PC, WTTJ or It's So Easy.