All the new songs we've heard so far?

JAC185

Oddly enough, the only song that I feel is even close to filler is the song Chinese Democracy itself... Still a good song, but just the weakest of the new cuts. Songs like OMG and Rhiad are more aggressive and musically interesting by comparison.

So it'll always be subjective.

OMG seems to be the only real cool song out of all the new songs...

ive always said that if CD was going to be a modern version of AFD, then OMG would be that of the standard of think about you/your crazy/anything goes...

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you really serious that IRS will be a filler? oh, please, i'm sure that Brain isn't there yet. It's clear that a song like that asks for real drums and not a guide. Can you hear the bass? If it's there, it's poor mixed (and it is). You're judging unfinished material, but talking about the catchy chorus and the guitars (that should be changed too, at least the volumes) it has enough to not be a filler. Do you doubt? Please, power on your radio right now and say to me which (rock) songs are better than that. Vertigo? Maybe, but U2 has a new single anyway. :}

I think the plan is 'no fillers', but i doubt that we will love the entire album. I will be fine liking half of the album and just not listen the rest, considering that Axl will bring with him a lot more fans to listen the rest. Do you see?

there'll be better no fillers on a cd which only contains 13 songs...

We already have 4 absolutely kick ass songs which are nowhere near being fillers (IRS, The Blues, TWAT and Better), the only ones which I consider a filler would be Madagascar (Somehow my love for it minimized itself over the last few weeks) and the title song...

there'll be better no fillers on a cd which only contains 13 songs...

We already have 4 absolutely kick ass songs which are nowhere near being fillers (IRS, The Blues, TWAT and Better), the only ones which I consider a filler would be Madagascar (Somehow my love for it minimized itself over the last few weeks) and the title song...

i didn't know in germany are that much negro rappers outside...

it will be great

madagascar is awesome, I said it on htgth and I'll say it here: imagine Madagascar with the 'Better' style voice. Killer, true epic song

The Blues, also!!

Chinese Democracy, ok song

TWAT, good song (studio version will knock me down I\m sure

IRS, zeppelin influences, or so I think, awesome song

Better, awesome mainstream tune! love it, I wonder how the rest of the song sounds

I like how Axl is using all his different voices to make it a true diverse record. He's smart

After my excitement about actually having some new Gn'R to listen to has died down...

I have come to the conclusion that these songs are just OK. They really aren't anything special. They aren't the same caliber of stuff that Gn'R and other bands were able to whip out in 5 minutes as they were sitting drunk gathered 'round a pizza box.

They are good for today, but not that good for real rock standards.

The riffs are pretty bland and uninspired. The lyrics seem to be pretty good though.

i have not yet listened to irs or the longer version of better, however, i think that twat is pretty good in my opinion.

true, not awesome, but it is pretty good

personally, im disappointed in what ive heard so far, and i hope those dont make it to the album

besides, id think that they wont be in the album in the first place.. wasn't it said irs and those werent suupose to be on the album?