All the new songs we've heard so far?

JAC185

well, my songs are like

1) Better, it has a perfect sound, it's a hit and will be

2) Twat, it has something special. it will be a seccond hit

3) Chinese democracy, well there has to be a good rocker between some softer songs(but songs that are very great)

4)The blues, just to go back to soft feelings, and soft sound.

5) I.R.S, to come back to the rocker style

6) Oh my god, to be blown away by axl's vocals.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Completely satisfied.

My rank is as follows:

1-The Blues/Madagascar/Better/TWAT: Depending on how I'm feeling, or the day I'm in, all of these songs could blow my head away. And I've only listened to TWAT today, and the first time I only appreciate the instrumental part, now I'm more and more into the song.

2-Chinese Democracy: I love it, but I think "Better" is stronger, more powerful, it's a hit to me.

3-I.R.S.: I listened to the 1.20 clip of "Better" twenty five times these last weekend, only one to "I.R.S." I think it's only a demo, I give it the benefit of the doubt.

I love TWAT and IRS (i can't stop listening to the 1st one, which is getting better and better, like the good wine!). I've read in this forum people saying: "it doesn't sound like GNR", but YES it does!, even if it's different (hey we're in 2006!), those songs are both rich and powerful: and that is the GNR touch. Axl makes music like Nietzsche did philosophy: with a hammer (the only way to catch the truth and to triumph over it).

So then we can discuss here again and again about the arrangements, the hip hop beats or indus sounding etc.... but to me these are details (even if i know that's probably on such "details" that Axl worked all this time, but honestly, these songs are good above all cuz they are powerful and true, as every good guns n'roses song indeed. No matter of the style (indus, rock, hip hop, blablabla..): Axl's talent has always been to convince a very large range of people with a not-so popular style of music. I personnally didn't like heavy metal before hearing AFD but you know there is something with this band that catches you who(where)ever you are or whatever you like, and... that won't let you leave so easily then! Look, i'm 28 now and still posting on a gnr forum like a teenager!

All of that to say: thank you very much, Mr Rose, for this very promising new album.