IRS in "heavy rotation" on WAAF for a reason

darknemus

I'm going to copy / paste this text exactly as I got it from my source on this story. A person who has a "close knowledge of the contents of this meeting" that I'm about to share with you.

The PD's of WEEI, WAAF, MikeFM, and WRKO met with the GM of Entercom Boston for a routine progaming meeting. At that meeting several topics were discussed including the playing of a New Guns N' Roses track, which was to be played in heavy rotation as requested by the bands management.

By the way, this meeting took place on Saturday morning.

WAAF is the station in Boston playing IRS every hour.

Anyone out there that can confirm, corroborate, or put the kibosh on this, please do. My source works in the same building (New Balance building) and I have no reason to doubt him / her - but secondary confirmation is always good.

-darknemus

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe this is true, also you asked why would they make us stop posting the links? Because they will NEVER admit to leaking them, they want us to believe it was another way, they also know when they posted them that they would spread either way so make it look good..

gunsguy

Well, they did take more than 10 hours to ask us to remove the link after we notified them, which was rather odd.

Also, I found it very strange that radio stations were just randomly playing an obscure clip handed to them by anonymous sources. Radio doesn't work that way. Usually a playlist needs approval from the PD and MD among others before being aired. So, it seemed really bizarre that stations (other than Stern) would just be randomly playing it because a fan sent it to them. Doesn't add up.

So, this rumor doesn't surprise me.

However, I don't think they expected three songs to be leaked. jmo.

Which only gives more credibility IMO to the theory that the three leaks were orchestrated by GN'R. A lot of us suspected that much (at least I did) when it was confirmed that Better was not on the Trunk CD, thus suggesting that another source was at play.

I didn't really expect TWAT to be leaked though. I figured that would be more songs than they'd want leaked, and TWAT is one of the bigger songs. Maybe they figured stuff is gonna leak anyways, so we may as well do it on our terms.

I guess IRS could be the first single then...that's too bad, I don't consider it a great song at all (in fact VR has a couple of songs that are superior IMO :o ). One thing that popped into my mind though is that Better might be the first single, which is why only half of it got leaked. I don't even know if that makes any sense (maybe the end is amazing), I guess it's just curious that the other songs are leaked in full but Better is not...could be a moot point if it will be though.

Edited by KBear

But why would they wanna put such a shit song into rotation? I mean, I like it, but supposedly there is much better.. you'd think they'd wanna show off their best to the world. That, and it's a friggin leaked demo. Not finished or mastered well or whatever

Edited by abw1987

This theory is credible....and the fact that Better (the best song out of the 3) has only a third of the whole song available, leaving even the hardcore fans hungry for more. Axl probably knows this is the best song, which is why it wouldnt surprise me if the whole song wasnt available until released as a single. He's gauging our responses right now, much like he did with Chinese Democracy, Blues, and Madagascar in 2002. I could be wrong about all this, but it just makes a whole lot of sense to me.

I guess IRS could be the first single then...that's too bad, I don't consider it a great song at all (in fact VR has a couple of songs that are superior IMO :o ). One thing that popped into my mind though is that Better might be the first single, which is why only half of it got leaked. I don't even know if that makes any sense (maybe the end is amazing), I guess it's just curious that the other songs are leaked in full but Better is not...could be a moot point if it will be though.

thats what i was thinking, my money's on better as the first single.

Thanks for the word Dark...We shall see how this develops in the coming weeks I suppose. Depends on how much traction the demo picks up in the long haul and how much stations continue to keep this in their rotations...If IRS is still getting spins across the country 2 weeks from now, we'd be way outside the realm of novelty.

thats what i was thinking, my money's on better as the first single.

Dude, IRS is amazing and FAR better than anything else thats been put out in a decade...and it DEFINATELY kicks the shit out of mediocre hard rock songs like slither and loving the alien <_<

I don't know what to think. The station near me played a clip of Better a fan sent in, which suprised me.

If there playing it as much as people say they are the would have a ceace and desist by now if GN'R really didn't want it played