IRS in "heavy rotation" on WAAF for a reason

darknemus

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

IRS is getting spins now because it's Tax time, and Axl likes to stay current. He'll set up audiences with it, then blow everybody away with Better.

yes it can be !!

thanks a lot for the news man !

playing the leaks on the radio is one thing ... sharing them on the forums its another... they will be official released media so thats why they said not to post links here...

and i totaly agree with somebody who posted earlier saying that radios keep playing that track just becuz a gnr fan sended the clip to them ... and gnr management allowing it to happen ...

this is really important news for us thanks again

This theory is credible....and the fact that Better (the best song out of the 3) has only a third of the whole song available, leaving even the hardcore fans hungry for more. Axl probably knows this is the best song, which is why it wouldnt surprise me if the whole song wasnt available until released as a single. He's gauging our responses right now, much like he did with Chinese Democracy, Blues, and Madagascar in 2002. I could be wrong about all this, but it just makes a whole lot of sense to me.

Very interesting theory.That is a credible theory.

hmm...is WAAF a clear channel station??

ps..maybe he was being sarcastic...meaning he doesnt have one yet at all....

WAAF is an Entercom station. As Darkemus said it is in the New Balance building in Boston, and it is on the same floor as 3 other stations. For WAAF to keep on playing the song, and hyping it, it had to have been planned. Guns N Roses is a core artist for WAAF, and Sanctuary needs them for CD to take off.

They are playing it every hour. At least as of 3 hours ago (last time I checked)

-darknemus

anyone know what kind of feedback it\'s getting out side of us hardcore fans?.

101 Wrif had buncha people call in, and they all liked it.

Girl - \"We got, like 5 people here, who all like it!\"

Dj - \"Okay, we will try to play it again.\"

Girl and five people - *Cheers*

Also, the Dj\'s liked it too, but the female host called Axl, \"Mental.\"

I showed a whole bunch of people better, and IRS. Most were old fans, but don't keep up with the new lineup.

They all thought it was balls. All 13 of them. Not a single person liked it.

I was surprised. I'm not a huge fan of IRS, but I think better is great.

Ok, i have a theory, i personally believe that the gnr camp is behind the leaking of better and the polished version of irs.

Im think (correct me if im wrong) that twat and irs were on the trunk disc, better apparently was not.

IRS shite quality version was leaked off the trunk disc last year or some similar source (not gnr camp). So if an official leak were to take place in order to promote gnr etc, what better a track to use than irs, a high quality almost finished version. This track was leaked first.

Then to make it look like someone leaking things and not just a too obvious whole track by the gnr team, a clip version of better comes out. Good quality aswell. I think these were planned by guns n roses for promotion, the only teaser they really released was the clip of better.

Now, havening observed these leaks, the original leaker of irs low quality, apparently from the trunk disc, decided that leaking twat was a good idea now. The demo is poor quality compared to the other 2, suggesting 2 different sources.

Just a thought.

I played IRS and better to half a dozen coworkers of mine, some old gn'r fans, some not even rock fans, and everyone thought they were amazing! The most frequent responses I got were things along the lines of 'why isn't Axl releasing this already?'

It seems that for the most part it's people with one sort of grudge or another against Axl, and people who are stuck in the past, that are bitching about the demos.

As for TWAT, it is growing on me. The guitar is really good and the chorus is very memorable. Axl does some cool things with his voice. I don't think it's meant to be a single, but it makes for a strong album track, in the style of songs like Breakdown, that you have to listen to a few times to truly appreciate.

Edited by popmetal

Ye, like madison said, took them long enough to requset them to be removed, 10 hours or so, plentyo f time for a shit load of people to get hold of them.

Great way to get publicity through a song that people have heard through a previous unofficial leak last year, all makes sense to me. I still think twat was leaked by a different source.

could someone confirmas to whether twat and second longer version of better were released at exactly ythe same time via same link etc..? i was asleep at the time. If they were then that obviously screws my 2 different sources of the leak up lol

Edited by bangit

But why would they wanna put such a shit song into rotation? I mean, I like it, but supposedly there is much better.. you'd think they'd wanna show off their best to the world. That, and it's a friggin leaked demo. Not finished or mastered well or whatever

Yeah, while I think the idea that the GNR camp is behind the leak is interesting. I also think that Axl is to much of a perfectionist to have voluntarily leaked demos. Personally I love IRS, but it is obviously a demo and just not quite "there" yet.

I think it may be more likely that the GNR management is just trying to make something good out of a bad situation.