the indie scene

lawrence

Katie likes Suede, so whenever she's on that'll be the person to talk to.

indeed i do! Suedes earlier stuff was brilliant, anyone who wants to know check out animal nitrate and the drowners

i like the smiths- have there best of'

aint to keen on morriseys solo work though :(

every now & then a band comes along thats original' like the smiths'roses etc' but i cant remember a decent original sounding band thats come along for ages :(

ah, there are many smiths unfluenced bands who sound quite like them, hard to find but very good

Morrissey's stuff is very different, and some not so amazing as his earlier smiths. However, check out why don't you find out for yourself, break up the familly, now my heart is full, dear god please help me, glamorous glue and come back to camden

i think the old indie stuff was good, a real escapism and did often involve alot of gender switching during the early ninties scene, suspect eh?

bloody modern indie scene makes me angery....grrrr

Edited by katie

Kula Shaker were indeed awesome.

as were slowdive, the stone roses, early verve, suede, pulp.

Im loving the cooper temple clause at the moment, cant wait for their next album.

I also recomment a band called "television" one of the first indie bands ever, think they were around in the late 70's, try and get a hold of a song called Marquee Moon, pure genius.

Fucking love the stone roses, the cure and especially the smiths, dont care too much about todays indie bands but the monkeys cd is quite good, oh and that jenny lewis is extremely hot

arctic monkeys? nooooooo! ehm, but stone roses were absolutely amazing, cure were goths however

The whole purpose of indie is gone, as Indie was an abbr. of Independent, as in the labels they signed with.

Now they've all got massive million dollar contracts with major labels.

To discus a band - Kula Shakur. They were fucking brilliant. RIP

dude ive heard they're reforming to record new material :)

Something about indie has always grated with me. That's not to say I only like loud music though. I always thought morrissey had a voice like someone's dad doing karaoke. The whole "NME scene" that dominates british music at the moment just seems so pretencious. Britain gave the world bands that invented hard rock and metal, so why can't we produce great bands any more?

Something about indie has always grated with me. That's not to say I only like loud music though. I always thought morrissey had a voice like someone's dad doing karaoke. The whole "NME scene" that dominates british music at the moment just seems so pretencious. Britain gave the world bands that invented hard rock and metal, so why can't we produce great bands any more?

i wish my dad sounded like that! but, there is a great difference between modern NME "indie" and real, good indie (echo and the bunnymen compared to arctic monkeys?!). You have to dig deeper than the surface, it's always been like that with music

Britain gave the world bands that invented hard rock and metal, so why can't we produce great bands any more?

I'd say the British indie scene of the 80s was a massive achievement too. All the bands from the hard rock scene of the 70s had gone downhill by the 80s anyway, so British music was in need of a change.

It showed that for £200, you could make your own label when the major ones didn't care about alternative bands.