Does anyone else feel this is Axl's fault?

Mr_Sparkle

If he wouldn't have starved the fans for information there wouldn't be such a frenzy for the downloads. If he would have done a few simple things, there would not be this panic to get all these downloads.

1. Kept us reasonably updated on a release date

2. Kept us reasonably updated on a Buckethead replacement

If he would have done these two things, open communication with his fans. they would not be like vultures hanging over a dying corpse waiting for fresh meat. At this point, I feel the ONLY way we are going to hear any new music from Axl is if he dies. So, I will take what I can get until he makes me feel different.

Does this make it right? No, but I will be dammed if I am going to sit and wait until he is 95 years old and kicks the bucket to get my music fix.

Call me selfish, I don't care, I just want to rock out with my cock out to some GOOD NEW MUSIC.

That is all.

Edited by Mr_Sparkle

Well, Sparkle, I think you're a little overdramatic about it, but I agree with the principle of what you are saying. I don't blame Axl for whatever reason that he waited, but I am too GnR starved to not listen to these tracks. I hope Axl takes all of the buzz over the tracks as a generally very positive sign that CD will be a hit.

If he wouldn't have starved the fans for information there wouldn't be such a frenzy for the downloads. If he would have done a few simple things, there would not be this panic to get all these downloads.

If he would have done these two things, open communication with his fans. they would not be like vultures hanging over a dying corpse waiting for fresh meat. At this point, I feel the ONLY way we are going to hear any new music from Axl is if he dies. So, I will take what I can get until he makes me feel different.

Does this make it right? No, but I will be dammed if I am going to sit and wait until he is 95 years old and kicks the bucket to get my music fix.

Call me selfish, I don't care, I just want to rock out with my cock out to some GOOD NEW MUSIC.

That is all.

To an extent I agree. He definately needs to improve the communication between the band and the fans. Just look at Megadeth! Dave Mustaine post on the website almost every week, and joins in in a lot of topics on the bulletin board. I'm not saying he should be as nice as Dave, but he could issue an update now and then.

Another thing I agree with is that no one should feel shame for downloading these demos. He is a public person, his stuff found its way to the public, and no one has to right to blame us for taking the opportunity. I personally wont download any more stuff if I get the feeling that CD may be coming soon. However, as long as things are like this (no info, no news, no updates) I'll get whatever I can. Heck, it might be my only opportunity to hear the music.

As far as him taking the time for writing and perfecting his music is concerned, I'm all for it and wont whine, we should accept his artistic licence to take his time and do what he feels is best, it is his band. However, he should give us something in return for waiting this long, cos if it werent for the fans, there would be no need for GnR.

A little respect and info now and then is all I ask for, how hard can it be?

You people amaze me.

Since when has Axl Rose ever done anything right in your eyes?

You bitch because he doesn't keep you updated. You bitch because he does things HIS own way. You bitch because you want this and you want that.

REALITY CHECK.

Axl Rose does things HIS way and NOT yours. And isn't it ironic how the way he (Axl) conducts himself is ALSO that VERY same reason as to why you are all fans of Guns n' Roses and thinks Axl kicks ass?

Why don't you all do as Lisa Reed suggested. Her comments are about as offical as you are going to get right now until you get an official statement from the GNR camp.

Have faith in GNR. Have faith in Axl Rose. He will deliver when everything is in synch.

Put yourselves in his shoes. Think outside the box. Maybe you would do things differently but Axl has ALWAYS stood by this motto:

I ONLY PROMOTE MYSELF WHEN THERE IS A FINISHED PRODUCT TO PROMOTE.

Have faith and patience and quit berating a man who you deep down adore and love because that makes you just another doubletalkingjive motherfucker.

Edited by Just_a_little_patience

You people amaze me.

You bitch because he doesn't keep you updated. You bitch because he does things HIS own way. You bitch because you want this and you want that.

REALITY CHECK.

Axl Rose does things HIS way and NOT yours. And isn't it ironic how they way he (Axl) conducts himself is ALSO that VERY same reason as to why you are all fans of Guns n' Roses and thinks Axl kicks ass.

Why don't you all do as Lisa Reed suggested. Her comments are about as offical as you are going to get right now until you get an official statement from the GNR camp.

Have faith in GNR. Have faith in Axl Rose. He will deliver when everything is in synch.

Put yourselves in his shoes. Think outside the box. Maybe you would do things differently but Axl has ALWAYS stood by this motto:

Have faith and patience and quit berating a man who you deep down adore and love because that makes you just another doubletalkingjive motherfucker.

best thoughts..in this forum..so far...

I do at the moment. If Axl comes out and explains the silence in the future and it was genuinely not his fault then I'll forgive him for it. For example perhaps there are still legal issues which prevent them using the name, or something of that ilk.

I just think the whole thing has been incredibly badly managed. There would be no harm at all in keeping the fans up to date. If they posted updates on the official website, they would keep the fans in the loop as far as we could be.

The facts are that we still don't know anything. We don't know who's in the band, we don't know if they are going to replace Bucket, we don't know if they are planning to come back even.

The wall of silence they have put up is ridiculous and will lose the band as many fans as the new material will gain them.

Merck is the worst part. He is completely untrustworthy and a complete dictator. He emails Madison and says people cannot talk about the leaks. Absolutely pathetic. I bet the quotes in Madagascar were aimed at Merck. He is a complete asshole and has never told the truth about anything.

Sorry for the ridiculous spleen venting. Its just all so needlessly frustrating. Why can't they speak to us?

That is all.

please keep it in your pants

So there wouldn't be a frenzy to download the demos if Axl kept a blog or something? I doubt it.

People haven't heard new Guns music in years, and Guns music is in demand. Communication with fans will not change these facts, and that's why there was a frenzy.

Edited by KBear

So there wouldn't be a frenzy to download the demos if Axl kept a blog or something? I doubt it.

People haven't heard new Guns music in years, and Guns music is in demand. Communication with fans will not change these facts, and that's why there was a frenzy.

I'm just saying, if we didn't feel like we were being starved, maybe less people would have instantly went for these shitty quality demos. I would have waited if Axl didn't keep pushing the release date back!

I'm just saying, if we didn't feel like we were being starved, maybe less people would have instantly went for these shitty quality demos. I would have waited if Axl didn't keep pushing the release date back!

Axl is not "pushing the release date back" because I never once heard any say a release date

if there is not release date ever set, how can it be pushed back

That is all.

I was telling someone this morning that though I believe its ethically wrong and personally wouldnt download an entire album off the Net, I understand the desperation people feel who are doing this, song by song. Its obvious if you stand back and try to be objective about this that Axl of course shares some blame.

He hasnt just gracefully declined comment over the years, instead he has chosen to put false hopes out their pretty consistantly, has wound everyone up and then deflated their expectations. People can say he doesnt OWE us anything, but in truth when an artist puts his work out for public consumption, he releases control of it to a degree......... This is very much a "truth lies somewhere in the middle" situation. One cant string people along and then try to control their reactions to that action.

Anyway, I think Axls motives are pure and he even believed it when he told everyone that CD was gonna drop everytime he said so, but the CD debaucle is pretty unprecedented in music History so he really should accept that every action has an equal and opposite re-action, it sucks sometimes, but that is life in the real world.

You people amaze me.

REALITY CHECK.

Axl Rose does things HIS way and NOT yours. And isn't it ironic how the way he (Axl) conducts himself is ALSO that VERY same reason as to why you are all fans of Guns n' Roses and thinks Axl kicks ass?

Your post sounds good has no basis in reality unfortunately.

ALL celebrities have had to learn that "unofficial" statements are just as powerful as official ones.

His statements of CD'S impending status over the years have been very harmful to him because uh, his fans believed it. That WAS promomtion! :rolleyes:

I really cant stand people who try to qauntify a "true" GnR fan as someone who cant see and love Axl despite his shortcomings, YOU are the one who is thinking "inside" the box, yet you dont even realize it.

You dont love the man more than others do because you refuse to see his flaws, someone like me may even love him more because Im not in denial about him but I still consider his musical genius pretty unprecendented in modern times.

I wish I could do things my way.

But everything in life is a trade-off.

People who have chosen lives of only doing things their way are often alone and alienated.

Its all what is more important to you I think, complete independance or realizing that the people who love you have a right to be considered in your descisions.

I don't give a shit whos fault this is. We got a taste of Chinese Democracy and now we are hungry for more. For most of us we found out that our waiting has been far from in vain. Axl doesn't communicate to the fans a lot yeah but would you rather he reappeared every month and said ''It's not ready yet'' or would you like him to speak for the first time in 2 years and say ''We've almost finished 26 of 32 songs''?

Just when we get all this exciting shit, I get bored by the negativity. Have a little faith. If you truly are a Guns N' Roses fan you will give the guy time...

You people amaze me.

REALITY CHECK.

Perfect exapmple of an Axl Nuthugger, 'Axl can do no wrong' post.

Axl has done plenty right, but the past 8 years, he hasn't done anything right.

Got off Axl's nuts and get a backbone

Edited by Mr_Sparkle

You people amaze me.

REALITY CHECK.

ALL celebrities have had to learn that "unofficial" statements are just as powerful as official ones.

His statements of CD'S impending status over the years have been very harmful to him because uh, his fans believed it. That WAS promomtion! :rolleyes:

I really cant stand people who try to qauntify a "true" GnR fan as someone who cant see and love Axl despite his shortcomings, YOU are the one who is thinking "inside" the box, yet you dont even realize it.

You dont love the man more than others do because you refuse to see his flaws, someone like me may even love him more because Im not in denial about him but I still consider his musical genius pretty unprecendented in modern times.

First of all, you don't know a damn thing about me.

Second of all, I know Axl has faults. We all do. He is human afterall.

Axl never ONCE stated a release date. He did say things like , "see you next summer with a bunch of new songs" and at THAT time, that is probably what he was hoping for but shit happens and shit changes.

Just like Merck saying "2005 will be the year for GNR".

AT THAT TIME when Merck made that statement, he believed it. That is why he made it. Not to mislead anything.

I see Axl for WHO he is. And that is a person. You and others idolize him as a rockstar and forget to realize and take into consideration he is involved in one of the most explosive bands in rock n' roll history and things CONSTANTLY change in GNR land.

I could care less if Axl talks next week, 2 years from now, or 10 years from now.

The point is he isn't going to cater to the fanbase. He never has. Whenever he gives an interview, things get twisted around. Look at what happened after RS recently interviewed him and all those reunion rumors sparked due to what he casually said about Izzy and Slash.

If you want constant updates, go be a Christina Aguilara fan. Guns n' Roses has NEVER updated us and it does NOT make me upset in the least because that is how Axl is. Take it or leave it even if you don't agree with it.

You people amaze me.

REALITY CHECK.

You people amaze me.

REALITY CHECK.

You people amaze me.

REALITY CHECK.

Perfect exapmple of an Axl Nuthugger, 'Axl can do no wrong' post.

Axl has done plenty right, but the past 8 years, he hasn't done anything right.

Got off Axl's nuts and get a backbone

hey!! no need to speak to the lady like that you stupid motherfucker! :fuckyou:

You people amaze me.

REALITY CHECK.

First of all, you don't know a damn thing about me.

Second of all, I know Axl has faults. We all do. He is human afterall.

Axl never ONCE stated a release date. He did say things like , "see you next summer with a bunch of new songs" and at THAT time, that is probably what he was hoping for but shit happens and shit changes.

Just like Merck saying "2005 will be the year for GNR".

AT THAT TIME when Merck made that statement, he believed it. That is why he made it. Not to mislead anything.

I see Axl for WHO he is. And that is a person. You and others idolize him as a rockstar and forget to realize and take into consideration he is involved in one of the most explosive bands in rock n' roll history and things CONSTANTLY change in GNR land.

I could care less if Axl talks next week, 2 years from now, or 10 years from now.

The point is he isn't going to cater to the fanbase. He never has. Whenever he gives an interview, things get twisted around. Look at what happened after RS recently interviewed him and all those reunion rumors sparked due to what he casually said about Izzy and Slash.

If you want constant updates, go be a Christina Aguilara fan. Guns n' Roses has NEVER updated us and it does NOT make me upset in the least because that is how Axl is. Take it or leave it even if you don't agree with it.

You people amaze me.

REALITY CHECK.

You people amaze me.

REALITY CHECK.

I love Axl, he has always been one of my idols, but I also know when I am being dicked around! You need to take the blind faith mask off, it won't hurt his feelings I promise. Also, you blowing Axl over the internet won't get you a date with him either.

Edited by Mr_Sparkle