GNR playing Rock in Rio

xBrownstonex

Ok People.

For the people who is interested to go to Rock in Rio 2006 to see Guns n Roses and isn’t from Portugal.

-Rock in Rio gigs are in a Place called Parque da Bela Vista that is close from the Lisbon airport.

-There are a lot of places like Hotels / Hostels / Youth Hostels in Lisbon and cities around Lisbon that you can stay. But if you want a cheap place you can also opt for a Camping Park. There are a few around.

-There are a lot of transports to go to Parque da Bela Vista (RIR) but the best is going by SubWay (Metro in Portugal) and the station name is BelaVista in the Red Line and it’s only 0,65 Cents/Euro a trip.

-The weather at end of May is hot. Maybe around 27ºC / 28ºC. So come ready for Beach too. There are a lot of beaches around Lisbon.

You are all welcome!

Sorry. My english is not very good.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm, you're welcome to your opinion, but you are most definitely in the minority. G 'n R in their prime was much much MUCH better than Iron Maiden. Hell I don't even like Iron Maiden at all and wouldn't give a nickle for one of their cds. But that's my opinion. See how that works?

Well, this is a matter of opinion, that's true. But some opinions are biased and uniformed.

Gn'R and Maiden have been my favorite bands since 1988 when I first discovered both of them (around the same time.) Like I said, I think that AfD is better than most Iron Maiden studio albums, and if you take only the good stuff from UYI I&II, then that would probably be better than *any* Iron Maiden studio album. But, of course, Maiden has released 13 studio album during their career while Gn'R has only released 3.5 (LIES only counts half) -- Maiden released 7 albums since the release of AfD. So it isn't surprising that Maiden's material tends to be more diluted and spread out.

In any case, whatever you may think about the relative qualities of the studio albums, there is simply no contest between their live shows. I haven't actually counted, but Iron Maiden has played probably 10x more live shows that Gn'R, and probably 100x more live shows that the current line-up. It is neither surprising, nor is it a dig against Gn'R to recognize that Iron Maiden is a better live band.

I do not care if they were the best ever, it doesn't matter if I don't like the music. To me, nobody will ever put on a better show than Guns N' Roses or Pearl Jam. They're my two favorite bands, and the only way to truely see what band was best live was to have the bands play the exact same sets.. which is impossible. The only alternative is to see who is more popular... well, we all know Maiden would lose that one. It sucks being in the minority at times, but hey.. I respect the fact you like maiden. I wish I liked more bands than I do, I'd never run out of music to enjoy listening to.

...the only way to truely see what band was best live was to have the bands play the exact same sets.. which is impossible. The only alternative is to see who is more popular...

By which measure, Britney Spears would probably beat both Gn'R and Maiden. :shocked:

Which is why I said the only TRUE way was to have each band play the same set and like it or not, if 50 billion people like britney spears is better than G N' R compared to 10 million feeling the opposite, I could accept that and continue liking G N' R more, I'm not gonna go buy a britney cd.

...the only way to truely see what band was best live was to have the bands play the exact same sets.. which is impossible. The only alternative is to see who is more popular...

By which measure, Britney Spears would probably beat both Gn'R and Maiden. :shocked:

Which is why I said the only TRUE way was to have each band play the same set and like it or not, if 50 billion people like britney spears is better than G N' R compared to 10 million feeling the opposite, I could accept that and continue liking G N' R more, I'm not gonna go buy a britney cd.

Well, I could, of course, accept the fact that more people buy Britney Spears' albums that Gn'R. But I wouldn't accept that as an indication that she is better or that I am in any way making a mistake in preferring Gn'R to her. I suspect you'll agree with this, but then let me ask you: in what sense is popularity a measure of quality?

Edited by macunaima

• 1 month later...

Umm, you're welcome to your opinion, but you are most definitely in the minority. G 'n R in their prime was much much MUCH better than Iron Maiden. Hell I don't even like Iron Maiden at all and wouldn't give a nickle for one of their cds. But that's my opinion. See how that works?

Well, this is a matter of opinion, that's true. But some opinions are biased and uniformed.

Gn'R and Maiden have been my favorite bands since 1988 when I first discovered both of them (around the same time.) Like I said, I think that AfD is better than most Iron Maiden studio albums, and if you take only the good stuff from UYI I&II, then that would probably be better than *any* Iron Maiden studio album. But, of course, Maiden has released 13 studio album during their career while Gn'R has only released 3.5 (LIES only counts half) -- Maiden released 7 albums since the release of AfD. So it isn't surprising that Maiden's material tends to be more diluted and spread out.

In any case, whatever you may think about the relative qualities of the studio albums, there is simply no contest between their live shows. I haven't actually counted, but Iron Maiden has played probably 10x more live shows that Gn'R, and probably 100x more live shows that the current line-up. It is neither surprising, nor is it a dig against Gn'R to recognize that Iron Maiden is a better live band.

I do not care if they were the best ever, it doesn't matter if I don't like the music. To me, nobody will ever put on a better show than Guns N' Roses or Pearl Jam. They're my two favorite bands, and the only way to truely see what band was best live was to have the bands play the exact same sets.. which is impossible. The only alternative is to see who is more popular... well, we all know Maiden would lose that one. It sucks being in the minority at times, but hey.. I respect the fact you like maiden. I wish I liked more bands than I do, I'd never run out of music to enjoy listening to.

Maiden are a far superior band to GnR in many ways. Maiden shit all over Guns......but thats not to say i dont like them better.