With the timing of these "leaks" and the festival tour date ..

coeus2k

I dont know where these tracks are leaking from but I guess it means that they must be flying about as preperation for a release gets going. Would anyone really be surprised to hear a release date very soon?

At least, I think for the very first time we can be 90% certain we will see it this year and there seems to be alot of movement from the GnR camp so we can at least get excited. These leaks will not hinder and sales anymore than any other album. People who intent to buy it will buy it and those who dont intend to will just download it anyway it makes no difference.

No, I would tend to agree.

We've all been there before, a bit of activity, a little leak - "CD Starts Now" splashed all over the board...

But this time the leaks are there, Axl is out in public, his management seem to be more on the ball and gearing up - more than we've seen all at once for a long time. I believe that the CD is on its way.

No, I would tend to agree.

We've all been there before, a bit of activity, a little leak - "CD Starts Now" splashed all over the board...

But this time the leaks are there, Axl is out in public, his management seem to be more on the ball and gearing up - more than we've seen all at once for a long time. I believe that the CD is on its way.

Looks like the optimism is spreadin.... :)

Grimo.

Well they are a rumored headliner for Ozzfest, which is a summer Metal festival. If they headline, they would wnat to promte the new CD. That would mean it would have to hit stores before the Summer, so I am thinking a release from March-June, and then Ozzfest in June or April to promote it.

I think it's now very possible that Slash had been contacted by Axl's camp either directly or indirectly(maybe even through Izzy) to put the now famous words out about CD coming in March and sounding "amazing". What better way to get the buzz out there amongst fans and the media to prepare for the imminent release while not making Axl or his reps have to stick their necks out publicly with a commitment just in case shit happens? If it ends up not being March and is April, May or summer, no sweat off Slash's back. Also, what better way to give the new band and album credibility than to have Slash come out and endorse it just prior to release. As much as the Slash-haters think Axl needs no help, I'm sure Axl is smarter than that and has thought through all angles to get the right, maximum exposure.

Why would Slash do this? 1)He's cool. 2)To prove, as he's been saying in interviews, that there's no bad blood from over 10 years ago and he supports Axl. 3)To provide some type of meaningful reach out to Axl to at least re-establish some repor, and help grease the skids should they ever decide it to be in their best interests to reunite down the road.

So, the Slash quotes seem like a smart play for all parties. Of course, this could be all wrong, but does seem plausible IMO...

Edited by madison

Allright.. just come to think of that. I do believe that Guns needs some new material released to be succesful on a tour - so with that in mind (and assuming that they're gonna tour this summer and not just play one show) do you think CD (or atleast a single) are going to be released beforehand?

I must say I do. It seems very likely to me.. what's your thoughts?

Edited by evil_l

although they played shows before without releasing the album...

though this year does seen promising with everything thats going on

p.s. im typin to so many people bout this on msn while tryin to eat i got ketchup in my hair :lol::lol: