i dont get it

dman1991

Why does the rir website have confirmation of this but this idiot merck or whoever the fuck is runnin this said anything, is he too busy hunting down these 3 year old leaks( which are still all over the web, u just have to search google, so hes doin a piss poor job of that as well), u think the band would like to announce this or at least have a co announcement with the festival promoters, (like guns n roses and rock in rio are proud to announce an upcoming show featuring guns n roses), all ive heard from the band is a cease and decist order of the leaks,, does anyone else think something is wrong with this?????

Why does the rir website have confirmation of this but this idiot merck or whoever the fuck is runnin this said anything, is he too busy hunting down these 3 year old leaks( which are still all over the web, u just have to search google, so hes doin a piss poor job of that as well), u think the band would like to announce this or at least have a co announcement with the festival promoters, (like guns n roses and rock in rio are proud to announce an upcoming show featuring guns n roses), all ive heard from the band is a cease and decist order of the leaks,, does anyone else think something is wrong with this?????

I have a feeling that they was preparing a 'news' package to include all the dates and events (hopefully album details!!) but due to the power of the internet, information has leaked out before they had a chance

merck confirmed

http://www.thenewguns.com/board/viewtopic.php?t=236

To Merck:

Sorry to bother you, but it is being reported that these festivals are confirmed:

Rock in Rio 2006

Gods of Metal 2006

Rock Im Ring

Nova Rock 2006

His Response:

Not Rock IM Ring.

Edited by Argentina Roses

merck confirmed rir and also the gods of metal... he send an email to a guy in HTGTH

he said NO to the other show... cant remember the name ;)

can u show me a link that actually quotes him saying this, i saw the rock in rio thing, but it was the rio people saying there coming, not gnr.( i know theyll be there but i just wanna hear the band talk goda*&it

Because their management is terrible. And thats the nicest way I can put it. They never let the fans know what is going on, I mean with the recent leaks, release date rumors, tour dates, etc... can we get something on the official website? I've edited a website before, it should take all of an hour at the most to make the necessary updates/announcements.

Because their management is terrible. And thats the nicest way I can put it. They never let the fans know what is going on, I mean with the recent leaks, release date rumors, tour dates, etc... can we get something on the official website? I've edited a website before, it should take all of an hour at the most to make the necessary updates/announcements.

thats exactly what i mean, that email above is not confirmation enough for me, i want a statement thats quoted, a picture of merck and some of the band members holding a newspaper that says today date, todays headline, and a note in someones hand that says "we are playing rock in rio and these other shows". not a response to some random email, im sorry that just wont do it for me, u think theyd be happy to announce something like this, this is starting to get really gay.

I have a feeling that GNR's long standing history of poor managment and poor communications may have something to do with the insecure and volatile nature of one W. Axl Rose. I may be wrong, but I think the red-headed recluse still pulls all the strings.

i understand that, i know axl doesnt have the best track record and isnt what u would call "reliable", but if rir is on the rir website, then why the f**k isnt it on the front page of any major media outlet(mtv vh1, ny times, anything!!!) north america made gnr so why the hell is south america gettin all the love,all we have to rely is what a bunch of random douchebags like myself can find with hours of relentless searching on the internet(which is always so accurate), in forums and so forth, argghhh!!!

I think you'll see little news tid bits pop up all over the place this week (such as MTV, VH1, Billboard, etc.).

One question I've always wanted to ask Axl is why he keeps things so secretive? Is it intentional or does he simply not trust anyone to manage his PR? If this band had a true manager, there would be an interactive website with official announcments, history of the band, bios of all of the current members, regular updates,etc. Can you imagine how much more sane all of us would be if there was an official website with a dedicated webmaster maintaining it? They could have done things like drop free downloads from the 2002 shows throughout this hiatus. These are things that most "big" bands do today, but for some reason Axl doesn't? I can come up with 2 legitimate reasons for this:

1- Axl is actually smarter and more together than we give him credit for and he realizes that as each month and year passes without a word, his mystique and legendary status continues to grow. By saying nothing and posting nothing on a website, he ensures more success when he does finally come back.

2- He is simply too ovewhelmed with making a record, doesn't realize how the music industry has changed thanks to the Interent revolution, and doesn't trust anyone to manage communications for him.

I would love to have an answer to this question some day.