Didnt Slash himself say CD was coming out in March??

mahimahi

ok, I found the article. And personally, I tend to believe Slash over any of these other clowns giving out false info.

SLASH Talks About 'Chinese Democracy' Again: 'I'm Really Excited' - Feb. 11, 2006

Former GUNS N' ROSES guitarist Slash recently spoke to "The Christian O'Connell Breakfast Show" on the U.K.'s Virgin Radio about the band's long-awaited album "Chinese Democracy", which is expected to be released later in the year. During the interview, Slash confirmed that the record is done and he said a "very official source" had already heard it, according to NME.com. He added: "Yeah, it's going to happen, I've been made aware it's been heard. I'm really excited, it's been a long time waiting to see what the next step around the corner was going to be for him (Axl Rose), we know where everybody else is, but we were wondering what he was going to be doing. It's coming out in March and apparently it sounds great."

Tracks slated to appear on the album include "Better", "There Was A Time" and "The Blues".

Although Axl and Slash have not spoken in the last 10 years, the VELVET REVOLVER guitarist said he was pleased that the record is finally going to see the light of day.

He added: "I've always been supportive over that thing, even though it's been turned in to a big controversial blah blah blah thing.

"When I left I was pretty pissed off for having to leave in the first place. After a while all the boo-haha that was stirred and all the negative press, sort of went in his direction, so I'm just waiting for the record to come out, so I'm glad where it's got to the point that that's happening.

You people are just too cute for words.

Either way, I respect Slash more than any other "Former" member of the group, so I just dont see him pulling this out of his ass, he obviously has contacts. Until im proven wrong im going to look for it to be released in March, April at the lastest. Hopefully Slash was right :)

You people are just too cute for words.

Either way, I respect Slash more than any other "Former" member of the group, so I just dont see him pulling this out of his ass, he obviously has contacts. Until im proven wrong im going to look for it to be released in March, April at the lastest. Hopefully Slash was right :)

more than gilby? :(

more than gilby? :(

Thats a tough one. I met both Gilby and Slash when I saw Slash's Snakepit back in 95, and they were both the most layed back, down to earth people I have EVER met. So its probably a tie between those two. I just think Slash is straight up, and I dont think he would make a statement like that unless he really believed it to be true.

Edited by mahimahi

yes, slash did infact say this. however, as he is no longer in the band, people are very skeptical of his scources.

just so ya know

His sources look pretty solid considering the last 72 hours or so.

Agreed. When I first heard those comments I didnt know what to think, but like you said the last few days have made me think his comments will come true.

yes, slash did infact say this. however, as he is no longer in the band, people are very skeptical of his scources.

just so ya know

His sources look pretty solid considering the last 72 hours or so.

yeah but we haven't had an announcement yet, i feel that time is running out......... :P