Gotta Mix Up The Setlist This Time Around

D-GenerationX

I know I for one will be disappointed if Axl comes back and plays the same damn show he and his mates have been playing.

The setlists for both shows in 2001 and the 2002 tour were pretty much the same with next to no variety. I'd like to see that changed.

I'm for dropping a few AFD songs for either some new ones or (less likely I'm afraid) a few UYI tunes.

You?

If the Cd is out or coming out the set list will be very different to the recent tour/shows.

I'm guessing the plan was to let the audience hear the old songs again (and get it out their system), but also so the audience could accept the new line up as “Guns N’ Roses” because they played the old tunes.

I can’t imagine that the new band would not want to play the songs they helped create over the old ones they’re basically covering.

LP

I agree, but they need to make the finale:

Sweet Child, Nightrain, and Paradise City.

I would like to see him open with My Michelle and then a new song.

I liked WTTJ in the 4 or 5 spot like the Illusion tour.

Think About You definitely needs to be cut out.

Think About You definitely needs to be cut out.

Agree with that. Axl butchered Think About You on the last tour.

I'd like to see Estranged added to the setlist. Don't Cry too.

yes thats what i was thinkin !!

more new songs and more UYI songs ! of course different shows different set list... i would defo want to hear WTTJ , Nightrain,SCOM or RQ again !!

I'm guessing the plan was to let the audience hear the old songs again (and get it out their system), but also so the audience could accept the new line up as “Guns N’ Roses” because they played the old tunes.

Did that plan work ? :no:

I never said it worked... although to a certain extent I think it did – I certainly think of the new band as “Guns N’ Roses”.

Although I don’t think the full plan was to cancel the tour halfway through the states leg and then disappear for 3/4 years.

So no-one can really tell if the plan worked because it was never completed – however, I am certainly glad that they did something in 2002/2003 rather than nothing at all.

LP

Did that plan work ? :no:

I never said it worked... although to a certain extent I think it did – I certainly think of the new band as “Guns N’ Roses”.

Although I don’t think the full plan was to cancel the tour halfway through the states leg and then disappear for 3/4 years.

So no-one can really tell if the plan worked because it was never completed – however, I am certainly glad that they did something in 2002/2003 rather than nothing at all.

LP

I think the new band should go by "Axl and the Blowfish" or "Puns and Roses" because they are not, nor will they ever be, Guns n Roses. They are a glorified cover band trying to make it on their own with some new material and VR is closer to Guns n Roses than Axl and his band could ever be without a reunion.

I love Slash Axl, and the real GnR. Not sure what to make of this over-hyped garage band going by the name GnR.

I think the new band should go by "Axl and the Blowfish" or "Puns and Roses" because they are not, nor will they ever be, Guns n Roses. They are a glorified cover band trying to make it on their own with some new material and VR is closer to Guns n Roses than Axl and his band could ever be without a reunion.

I love Slash Axl, and the real GnR. Not sure what to make of this over-hyped garage band going by the name GnR.

Fuck you and VR. Contraband was a decent album that got old within 3 listens.

Scott Weiland can't sing. The music was disappointing. and sounds modern and nothing like GN'R.

BTW, this band is a hired group of musicians. The original lineup was the garage band, who made really great music and made it big.

1. Intro/Madagascar

2. Mr. Brownstone

3. It's So Easy

4. There Was A Time

5. Welcome to The Jungle

6. Double Talkin' Jive

7. Sweet Child O' Mine

8. Oh My God

9. Rocket Queen

10. The Blues

11. November Rain

12. I.R.S

13. <new song>

14. Don't Cry

15. Better

16. Knockin' On Heavens Door

17. Yesterdays

ENCORE

18. Nightrain

19. Chinese Democracy

ENCORE

20. Paradise City

That would be an amazing setlist.

Edited by King_Slash

Fuck you and VR. Contraband was a decent album that got old within 3 listens.

Scott Weiland can't sing. The music was disappointing. and sounds modern and nothing like GN'R.

BTW, this band is a hired group of musicians. The original lineup was the garage band, who made really great music and made it big.

I never said Scott Weiland was a good singer...only that they have more GnR members than Axl's band of Merry Men, thus they are closer to GnR than what they call Gnr these days. Apparently you have selective reading like most people have selective hearing.

The new group is nothing more than a cover band trying to make it big by using the name of a band that was bigger than life at one time to sell their new style of music. Wonder how much attention they'd be getting if they were named anything other than GnR?

My guess is IF CD ever comes out, it will receive the same lukewarm reception that VR got by the mainstream. There will be a bunch of "loyal" fans on sites like this that will say it's the greatest thing ever, but the reality is that it's time has passed before it was ever released. It will sell for curiosity's sake, and that's about it. Had it been released in the 90's without banning or pushing out the other members (and when Axl still had a good voice) as it should have been...it COULD have been one of the greatest albums ever. Now it will be a sad testimoy of what could have been. That makes me very sad.

This is going to be the Chinese Democracy tour. I don't want to see any old Guns N' Roses songs except perhaps:

Welcome to the Jungle

Sweet Child O' Mine

Paradise City

November Rain

Axl wants to bury the old Guns right? So why would he go and play a setlist of all the former bands classics? Will he introduce a new band by playing the old bands songs? Don't think so. I want to see a setlist of all new material except for those 4 songs.