T.W.A.T. Official Radio debut on WAAF Boston

Toysintheattic82

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Some people have no fucking brains.

Do you think it could be because it's a fucking demo?????

Do you think it could be because some of these people calling just don't like Axl Rose?

Do you think it could be because some of these people have forgot what music is? Not some emo "I'll cut myself,because my girlfriends left me?" shit?

Maybe they just don't like the song,and hey that's understandable,but when something is better than most of the shit being played on the radio,it makes me wonder.

I GOT MISTRESS CARRIE TO SAY CHINESE DEMOCRACY STARTS NOW ON WAAF AFTER SHE PLAYED TWAT

Cool, I heard her say it. She sounded confused like shed never heard it said before. I guess its just because i'm so used to hearing it.

I dont beleive there was only one positive comment though :s. I like the song.

Well done, it made me smile.

Edited by thewisegod

Don't feel sorry for him. He's had 10 years to release this shit. He has nobody to blame but himself.

Wow, this is a pretty retarded response. Axl's going to blame himself for other people leaking demos of unfinished songs from an album that doesn't have a release date yet? Yeah, that makes perfect sense you dumbfuck.

Maybe if he leaked the entire album on the internet and they weren't demos, I would see your point. But, that was the most retarded response I've ever seen.

Anger management anyone?

Yes he should blame himself. The general public has given him a 10 year head start to finish this fucking album and he still hasn't delivered. At some point the songs are going to get leaked, that's what happens in music.. it's almost impossible to keep things secretive, and I can understand the argument for a band that regularly puts out albums to be mad about leaks, but this fucker had 10 years of secrecy and at some point it's going to blow up in your face. It's like a Christmas gift that someone tells you about but doesn't let you have it, and continually dangles it on front of your head for 10 years.

And a certain group of people need to stop sucking Slash's cock. if your a "true" GN'R fan you'll support the new band too.

P.S. You have some skeet in your eye

I'm a true fan of GNR, but not Axl Rose's traveling circus.

P.S. lick it off sweetie.

Another retarded response. Just because Axl pisses you off by not releasing it, he has to blame himself? Lmfao. Quit being a fucking idiot and get with the program. Axl flat out said that he is making this album for himself, therefore, he'll release it when he wants to. He's not going to be threatened by pressures from you whiny tards claiming you've waited for this album everyday for 10 years. For shit sakes. You haven't waited 10 years for this album and no other idiot on this board has either. I know people anticipate this album, as I do too, but I haven't been losing sleep at night thinking, "Shit, it's almost been 10 fucking years. Axl release it or else you must blame yourself." Please. If you've been waiting for this supposed decade, you need some serious help, a hobby, or an institution they call school. Axl's not going to revolve the CDs release around you. Get that through your thick head.

Finally heard it online now and I thought it was great, yes the station read emails around half dozen that were split good vs bad which is the same reaction you'll always have so who cares I've never heard a single song that everyone likes, a song like that simply doesn't exist. They didn't mention that the song was a demo or how the got it, but for the sound on my computer it's sound was as good as songs they played while I was waiting for it. I want to hear it some more though before ranking it with the other new ones I've heard which are only the old new ones live since I haven't heard Better yet and only have the IRS from a long time ago that wasn't good quality. Also some people complain about the new GNR sound well to me TWAT was not that different so I think people will like the new stuff unless it's drastically different like Oh My God.

Another retarded response. Just because Axl pisses you off by not releasing it, he has to blame himself? Lmfao. Quit being a fucking idiot and get with the program. Axl flat out said that he is making this album for himself, therefore, he'll release it when he wants to. He's not going to be threatened by pressures from you whiny tards claiming you've waited for this album everyday for 10 years. For shit sakes. You haven't waited 10 years for this album and no other idiot on this board has either. I know people anticipate this album, as I do too, but I haven't been losing sleep at night thinking, "Shit, it's almost been 10 fucking years. Axl release it or else you must blame yourself." Please. If you've been waiting for this supposed decade, you need some serious help, a hobby, or an institution they call school. Axl's not going to revolve the CDs release around you. Get that through your thick head.

What the fuck are you babbling on about? And why are you putting words in my mouth? I never said the CD's revolves around me or anyone else, I never said me or anyone else stays awake at night thinking about it, but to try to deny that tons people have been anticipating this album for the better part of the last 10 years is fucking stupid. Shit, look at this forum. There's a 20 page thread when Axl is spotted at a resturant.

Axl has only himself to blame because, as I guess I'll have to explain again since reading obviously isn't your strongest quality.. that's how the music industry works, shit gets leaked. Everytime a band puts an album out the songs get leaked weeks ahead of time. Axl cannot expect to just sit there and take his merry time with the album and not have songs get out in a 10 year period, it's impossible.

P.S. lick it off sweetie.

Travelling circus? Is that what they call a band nowadays?

The rest of that sentence makes no sense either. Why are you here then? Try a VR forum instead

P.S I'll just leave it there...and I'm sure you'll never wash that spot again

That's fine and I respect that. But I need to ask,why are you here?

I still like Axl Rose, and I still like GNR (the original). Even though I'm not thrilled with the new songs I'm still curious to hear them and see what others think.

Guest JohnUlmer

I had to tone it down some. I hope she reads some of it. :)

Dear Carrie,

It has come to my attention that your radio station has recently received some complaints regarding a new Guns N' Roses demo named "There Was a Time," originally played on your station some time earlier this morning. I just have one question for the people calling in to complain - are you the same people who watch "American Idol" and thrive on the empty, shallow offerings of most modern music? We have degenerated to a point in time when we consider lazy picking of the sort offered by Avenged Sevenfold to be "soloing." A great comedian once said that he'd rather hear music with soul than Debbie Gibson, and we still have the Debbie Gibson equivalents today, and unfortunately, we have far less music from the soul - we are at an extreme loss for any new Jimi Hendrixes, Jim Morrisons, John Lennons, and yes, Axl Roses.

The fact that such a deep, melancholy and stirring song such as "TWAT" is being slammed by the capitalist hordes isn't all that surprising, really - I guess they're just diggin' that latest Paris Hilton CD too much - but I would like to remind everyone that this is only a DEMO track, and most bands' demos sound like pieces of crap, and NEVER get played on the radio. The fact that an unfinished, unmastered demo is being played on radio stations across the world within less than 24 hours of its being "leaked" onto the Internet speaks volumes.

Let's see, what does the general public like?

Boy bands, shitty movies, watching tv instead of reading, mcdonalds, nascar and country music.

What does the general public not care for?

Art museums, novels, poetry, exercise, boxing, Tool, NIN and the new GNR demos.

I'm fine with that - let's keep it that way.

People just don't seem to realize what a demo is lol and that demos have many stages. From the demos you will either see the song has potential or not and thats it.

It seems that unfortunatly DJ's arn't expressing to their listeners that they are playing demos for certain people that need to be told that :).