T.W.A.T. Official Radio debut on WAAF Boston

Toysintheattic82

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's playing now on WAAF, I'm not a fan of the intro, but once it gets going it's pretty damn good, and just gets better as it goes on. To me it sounds like a demo version that was pretty close to completion, the mix for the vocal seems slightly off, and the guitar sounds a little off mark for it to be a final version.

They have said it was a demo now as well. I'm not sure if they've been doing that for a while as this is the first time I've heard it.

I'd give it a 7/8 out of 10 probably more when it's not a demo version.

Christ, where do all the retards on this board come from? I'm hardly an Axl apologist, but TWAT is a great song.

The beginning is hardly hip hop, you reveal yourself as a simpleton stuck in the eighties, if you believe that. Even Fiona Apple (another recluse bordering on genius) uses beats like that.

Axl will get beat on by a lot of people because of his reputation, that's just the way it is.

How anyone can like Estranged, a "nice" song, but with too many stanzas and little originality, and then not like TWAT is beyond me.

Damn i missed it this time! I hope she read mine cause I mentioned she should say it was a demo

what was ya name on the email?

axl04

u were mentioned, she said calls himself axl and then mentioned about how its just a demo..

Ha ha.. thats great, thanks guys

To the people saying that the stations playing this is bad, or robbery etc, remember GnR need this kind of exposure and build up, without this kind of thing they'd be fucked. Gone are the days where Axl could fart into a tape recorder and it'd sell millions. They need to get people interested again, they need the rumor mill, and they need the hype. Remember, a hell of a lot of people out there will just respond to this with "Guns N Roses, oh I remember them, is that guitar guy, whats his name, Slash, still in that band?"

Hence why you get demo's not finished products, odds are some or all of these songs wont make it onto CD anyway, the might just be the best outtakes that were kept for just this purpose. And yes, that statement is pure speculation.

this is the email I sent over to the WAAF DJ which she talked about over the air at 5pm E.T.

"Great song! One of the all-time classics.

Being a member of the Guns N' Roses fan forums as well as friends with

band member Dizzy Reed, I just have to say that "There was a Time" truly

puts on display what Axl and the guys still have to offer. Amazing guitar

licks, strong vocals & breathtaking lyrics about Axl's devotion to former

love Stephanie Seymour... really hits a cord.

-Dennis"

Three minutes until the next playing of TWAT on WAAF - three minutes until the next playing of TWAT on WAAF - three minutes until the next playing of TWAT on WAAF - three minutes until the next playing of TWAT on WAAF - three minutes until the next playing of TWAT on WAAF - three minutes until the next playing of TWAT on WAAF - three minutes until the next playing of TWAT on WAAF - three minutes until the next playing of TWAT on WAAF...